Thread: AT&T Holiday (anytime minutes don't count?)

Feedback Score

AT&T Holiday (anytime minutes don't count?)

Hi, I am new <again> to AT&T. Many years ago, holidays were considered FREE minutes. Is this the case now for holidays such as July 4th?

Thank you!

Phone
    Samsung Captivate, Samsung Mythic
    Carrier
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    No, it went away when Cingular bought AT&T Wireless. So if you have the new AT&T, calls made on National Holidays that fall during the week won't count towards your N&W minutes like it did before.

I'll have to check on my old blue account as I haven't checked if it still does for that account or not.
    If you feel that you have to correct some of my posts for my capitalization of some of my words, then just bear with it. It's just a discussion forum where some may be limited by time to answer in well-versed and eloquent sentences.

I already got a PHD (Plain High School Diploma) so ignore my style of writing and I'll ignore your ignorance.

Subject: You can read this-trust me!

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
    Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!

When asked if I see the glass half empty or half full, I responded I see just a glass of water.
    Now you know how I think.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mango808
    No, it went away when Cingular bought AT&T Wireless. So if you have the new AT&T, calls made on National Holidays that fall during the week won't count towards your N&W minutes like it did before.

I'll have to check on my old blue account as I haven't checked if it still does for that account or not.
    I'm with the "new" AT&T. So I take it the calls made tomorrow are FREE? I can call 611 as well - I keep forgetting about that!

Phone
    Samsung Captivate, Samsung Mythic
    Carrier
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by W800i-luvit
    I'm with the "new" AT&T. So I take it the calls made tomorrow are FREE? I can call 611 as well - I keep forgetting about that!
    They'll count against your regular plan minutes before 9PM.

Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Just call 611 all day and get your need to call someone out that way.

Some of the reps are fun to talk to. Others............. not so much.

www.freekeene.com ... New Hampshire's liberty activist online destination!

Phones
    lg cu500 6230 b, 6682
    Moto V600, Moto v551, p 280
    Nokia 3590, 3595
    Carriers
    Cingular
    6340 gait
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Walkguru's: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D062; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

no free holidays sigh.
    eight years on hofo, n00b.

Trollers suck!
    IWDCP Sergeant

Phones
    Blackberry Storm/Motorola k1m
    Motorola i850
    Motorola v3xx
    Carriers
    Verizon;
    AT&..... I'm sorry, you faded out. Could you repeat that?
    Feedback Score
    It's that time of year again!

They should really make a sticky on this topic that FLASHES on holidays.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.1; U; en-us) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

Quote Originally Posted by W800i-luvit
    Quote Originally Posted by Mango808

That is not the case at all. As I recall, there are no holiday minutes for anyone.
    Earl F. Parrish

Feedback Score
    I called 611 - the official word is NO HOLIDAY FREE MINUTES. I am a brand new "new AT&T" subscriber. This sucks - but hey, at least the rollover minutes count

Phones
    Jesusphone v1 2.0.2 JB
    8525 WM6 w/ HTC Home
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Why ask us if you aren't going to believe us?

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    There hasn't been free holiday calling w/ the new At&t/Cingular for at least 7 years or more. Can't get it added to an account. Sorry if anyone thought otherwise.
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame