Thread: Reject a text message

Feedback Score

Reject a text message

Is there any way with Verizon to reject a text message either before or after you read it so the user gets a message that it was rejected? Or is there any kind of hacks that you can do to reject text messages?

Feedback Score
    I don't believe there's anything like that that's available. What would rejecting a message after you've received/read it do though? If anything, it sounds like blocking (to prevent getting messages from that person, for example) would be the way to go.

Phones
    LG Dare
    Moto i730
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If you want them to get a message back that says it was rejected or blocked, just reply back with a message that says that. "VERIZON WIRELESS: The user you sent the message to has blocked messages from this phone or service."

Phones
    Blackberry Storm/Motorola k1m
    Motorola i850
    Motorola v3xx
    Carriers
    Verizon;
    AT&..... I'm sorry, you faded out. Could you repeat that?
    Feedback Score
    Does the person have Verizon? You could temporarily turn off your text messaging and Verizon users will get an error when sending you messages.

Phones
    Palm Treo 650
    Motorola e816
    v710 with Telus firmware
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    If you have a Windows Mobile based phone you can get the program Magic Call. It has the ability to delete text messages and reply with a custom message. It also can block calls. When a person would call the phone it would answer then hang up so your phone never rings and the person on the other end won't be able to leave a voice mail.

There are also a slew of other options but it is great for stopping that annoying ex that can't let go. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebologyChicago
    I'm a former sprint customer, I learned how to be aggressive!

Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Some phones have the ability to block incoming messages, like some of the Motorolas and the BlackBerry. You have to check the manual and/or tinker with the phone.