Nokia E75 - Red
    hTC TouchDual
    samsung T301g
    Carriers
    Boost
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

ATT bought out tracfone ?

Can anybody here tell me if att bought out tracfone? I just bought a tracfone and in the procsess of setting up the voice mail I got a prerecorded voice saying welcome to att along with directions on setting up voice mail . I tried calling their cs about it but I couldn't get through.at the tracfone number.does anybody know if they hired att to do their voice mail or something its kind of weird.

Phone
    Nokia N95
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Tracfone uses some of AT&T's network, but I haven't heard of a buyout. You're sure you didn't buy a GoPhone?
    ---
    No, you'll have to go to a corporate store.

Phones
    Nokia E75 - Red
    hTC TouchDual
    samsung T301g
    Carriers
    Boost
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedjaber
    Tracfone uses some of AT&T's network, but I haven't heard of a buyout. You're sure you didn't buy a GoPhone?
    No its a c 139 tracfone I already put a $20.oo aircard in it. I guess it doesn't matter. I tried the voice mail and its working . I was just curious as to why it was an att prerecorded voice not tracfones.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bad timeing
    I was just curious as to why it was an att prerecorded voice not tracfones.
    Because technically Tracfone doesn't own their own network and are just a reseller of wireless service, which in your case happens to be operating on the At&t network. In other markets, Tracfone operates on Sprint/Verizon networks.
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

Phone
    Samsung SCH-i760
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I remember the first time I accidentally pulled up a "reseller" tracphone account in Telegence when I was a call center rep. I laughed my *** off at how convoluted the account was.
    Think of it like how a convince store sells things, but imagine them getting their merchandise from a store like Wal-mart. (heh, some of those stores do that in my town )
    Diomedesxx

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by diomedesxx
    I remember the first time I accidentally pulled up a "reseller" tracphone account in Telegence when I was a call center rep. I laughed my *** off at how convoluted the account was.
    Think of it like how a convince store sells things, but imagine them getting their merchandise from a store like Wal-mart. (heh, some of those stores do that in my town )
    Used to happen to me all the time several years ago. There are several resellers and I always had to tell those callers to contact their provider directly and I could not assist them.

Phone
    Nokia N95
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    God, porting a number from Tracfone or Net10 is hell.

I actually had a CS Rep "run over to the Tracfone building" to find out why the port was taking so long.

Because Tracfone/Net10 are more or less AT&T accounts, it complicates the porting process.

Phones
    Nokia E75 - Red
    hTC TouchDual
    samsung T301g
    Carriers
    Boost
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I got a quick question if I have a problem with my phone can I call at&ts cs instead of tracfones?

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bad timeing
    I got a quick question if I have a problem with my phone can I call at&ts cs instead of tracfones?
    Don't call us, we'll call you.

Feedback Score
    i noticed it myself when i was signing up for facebook mobile, that it said my number was an at&t number, which i thought was odd, it's too bad i can't just go to an at&t store and just shift and get rid of my pos tracphone and get one of at&t's phone's like say an i-phone

Redwood Valley, Northwestern California (Previous-Pocatello, Idaho(90-97)/Southern California(71-90)
    Phone
    LG G3/LG G Pad 7.0LTE/Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Nokia Lumia 635
    Carrier
    AT&T/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Because technically Tracfone doesn't own their own network and are just a reseller of wireless service, which in your case happens to be operating on the At&t network. In other markets, Tracfone operates on Sprint/Verizon networks.
    They also operate on U.S. Cellular, this market (RSA 344) being one.

Feedback Score
    right when i'd gotten my first tracphone it said and i noticed this that it was running on sprint & t-mobile's networks, and about getting a new phone fixed and working godalmighty that was a NIGHTMARE it took FOREVER & a day to get my number working and my minutes moved from my old phone to my new one, i mean sure the new motorala's a cripled phone at least it works for txt and mobile calls but maybe in the future they'll have phones that have wireless web unlocked and apps as well

Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedjaber View Post

I actually had a CS Rep "run over to the Tracfone building" to find out why the port was taking so long.

Because Tracfone/Net10 are more or less AT&T accounts, it complicates the porting process.

If in your market Tracfone happens to be using AT&T Numbers then yes it complicates the porting process a little, but I don't consider it "hell". The only difference between if it was AT&T or not is the fact that our system requires it be activated as a new line on the AT&T account, so if you had a "temporary" number it was supposed to replace you'll need a new SIM card and the temporary line canceled afterwards.
    My opinions are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer AT&T.

Phone
    HP Veer
    Carrier
    Cingular Fits You Best
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedjaber View Post

The Tracfone building is in Miami, FL. My understanding is they do ALL their operations there. Datacenter, call center, customer service, corporate, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    They also operate on U.S. Cellular, this market (RSA 344) being one.
    Tracfone uses every carrier. Whatever is cheapest for them.
    More Bars in More Places.