Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Phone
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Advil
    you can now tap the status bar if any app to scroll right to the top.
    Works great for sms if you want to quickly get to the top to use the call or contact info buttons.
    I used the iPhone 1.0 from launch day to 7/11 and I only realized on 7/10 that you could tap the top of the status bar when in safari to jump to the top of the page. I used to get frustrated when I would be on the bottom of a page and would scroll all the way back to the top of page to enter a new web address. when i realized this shortcut i really felt like an idiot.

Phone
    16GB iPhone 3G (White)>8Gig Black>16Gig White> 32Gig IP3GS White
    Carrier
    ATT/ Cingular
    Feedback Score
    @ calvinpesh
    I knew about the emailing pics to carriers but the @teleflip.com is new to me and will help alot for the rare times I want to send a pic msg to a phone with no email addy thanks.

Phone
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Carrier
    ATT Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I started it =P

yes it is now useful - thanks all for the contribution

Quote Originally Posted by crx_ellence
    this is one of the more useful threads ive come across in a while thanks to you all for posting.

Feedback Score
    Help:

I need to enter the Trademark symbol into my email signature... I can't seem to figure out how to do this, especially with no copy/paste feature... Here is what part of my signature is supposed to look like:

, CFP®

CFP is Certified Financial Planner, and the CFP board is rediculously strict about the usage of the designation...

Can anyone help me with this? Any ideas for how to get that in there?

I tried holding down each key as some show you alternative keys, but none of them were either the TM or the R symbol.

Feedback Score
    Also, I'm finding the inability to search or sort emails frustrating. I'm coming from a WM device where all I had to do was start typing the first few letters of a persons name or subject I was looking for on the MAIL page and it would strip out all others...I could also sort by sender or subject.

Is there any way to do this on the iPhone or do I have to scroll through hundreds of emails when searching for just one?

Feedback Score
    and trick to recieveing an mms message? i just got my first picture msg and i had to go to a link, write down a code and a password and then enter it, blablabla.. i never got it to work haha.. but is there a way to get all recieved picture messages to show or click the link to view it or something WITHOUT having to write the codes down?

Phone
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    i'm afraid not. i have to do that and most of the time it doesn't work.

Feedback Score
    when you get a mms, is the code and password always the same? what is the password manager app? could that help us out?

Feedback Score
    this may be a little silly (and there is an app for it) but if you park your car somewhere, drop a pin on it in google maps, then go do whatever you are doing and you can always find your car by GPSing it back to the pin. useful in stadium parking, malls, etc.

Phone
    iPhone 3Gs 32g Black
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tha5150
    when you get a mms, is the code and password always the same? what is the password manager app? could that help us out?
    Password changes.

Phone
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theorist
    this may be a little silly (and there is an app for it) but if you park your car somewhere, drop a pin on it in google maps, then go do whatever you are doing and you can always find your car by GPSing it back to the pin. useful in stadium parking, malls, etc.
    Wow, this will be most helpful for my wife. She once thought her car was stolen because she couldn't find her car at a mall. The mall security picked her up and drove her around to help find it just in case. Turned out that her car was in the next lot. LOL

After finding it, he told my wife that he run into this type of cases too often. believe it or not.

Phone
    Iphone 3g 16gb
    Feedback Score
    when i am listening to my itunes in the iphone and i want to play a game, the music shuts off to play the game music. if i shut the gam,e music off the itunes music shuts off...anybody know how i can listen to my ipod on the iphone and still play the games?

Carrier
    AT+T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theorist
    what's the app called?

Phone
    iPhone
    Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    The auto correct for the dictionary will never change well to we'll. In order to do this type welll, and then it will auto correct to we'll.

Phone
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    These are freaking great tips.

I have some questions, some of which are along the same lines:
    Any way to mark all messages as read in a mailbox?
    If not, anyway to filter messages such as group email? I'd take a server side solution - like I can do this with yahoo, but can't figure out how to make horde do this.
    Any way to mark a message as read without opening it? Like, I don't want to open that spam message that has an image bug in it. I guess I could delete it instead.
    Any way to select text at all? (Sure I miss copy and paste, but I also miss quickly deleting and editing)

I think the OS needs more tap-and-hold functionality (contextual right clicking). Oh neat, in the message view I just realized you can swipe right or left on a message to get a quick delete dialog. I'd rather that gesture switched between mailboxes though.

Oh yeah and autocomplete of words you type in frequently would be nice, as well as the ability to edit the dictionary. An alternative T9 interface would be cool, and definitely a password manager is necessary.

That said I love this phone!!

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast