Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Phone
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Carrier
    ATT Wireless
    Feedback Score

iOS Tips and Tricks

So I am trying to find some good tips and tricks that you are all using? maybe some app hacks. or better usability? Also can somethings in the iphone 1st gen work with 3g?

I want to test the tethering and some cool tricks just do not want jump ahead of the gun and mess everything up.

So this thread shoul dbe all post about tips and tricks users find and tested etc.

thanks all for your contribution

Phone
    Apple iPhone 3Gs (black)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1. Screenshot- Hold Home button & press top/sleep button. Screen will flash & picture saves to Camera Roll.

2. Save pictures in email & on the web - hold your finger on the picture & it will ask you if you want to save it. Also saves to your Camera Roll.

3. When typing a web address, hold the ".com" key down & you will also get .net, .edu, .org to choose from.

4. In Settings, Under Mail, Contact, Calendars, you can now import SIM contacts...

5. Some AppStore programs hide their settings in the iPhone Settings menu. It took me awhile to figure out how to change AIM's Username/Password, until I found the AIM Settings hiding there... So far I've also seen Shazam's & Save Benji's settings there as well...

Phone
    Iphone 3G
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmartin
    1. Screenshot- Hold Home button & press top/sleep button. Screen will flash & picture saves to Camera Roll.

2. Save pictures in email & on the web - hold your finger on the picture & it will ask you if you want to save it. Also saves to your Camera Roll.

3. When typing a web address, hold the ".com" key down & you will also get .net, .edu, .org to choose from.

4. In Settings, Under Mail, Contact, Calendars, you can now import SIM contacts...

5. Some AppStore programs hide their settings in the iPhone Settings menu. It took me awhile to figure out how to change AIM's Username/Password, until I found the AIM Settings hiding there... So far I've also seen Shazam's & Save Benji's settings there as well...
    Thank you!
    Remains sexy while saying so.

Phone
    AT&T Tilt
    Carrier
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Didn't know about that one! Thanks

Phone
    Iphone 3g 16gb
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by echav
    Didn't know about that one! Thanks
    ditto....the .com is a good one!

Phone
    Apple iPhone 3Gs (black)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    No problem. Those were just a few things I found by playing around & reading the gadget blogs. Also, I'm sure most people have found this out by now, but in case you've missed it somehow - the calculator now changes to a scientific calculator if you rotate it...

Phone
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    .com tip is sweet!

I also have seen the NYTimes settings in the "general" tab too.

One new "feature" is the momentary appearance og letters in the password field when you log on to something/someplace. I like the fact I know can see what letter I typed - I am a fumbler when it comes to thumb typing on this thing.
    the.rebot
    iPhone 3GS

Phone
    Apple iPhone 3Gs (black)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Oh, and if you have 2 iPhones (you and your wife or girlfriend or whatever) - register them both using the same iTunes account & you can use the same Apps on both iPhones. Example - I paid for Monkeyball & downloaded it on my iPhone & then my wife DL'd it & installed it on hers for free. I think you can put them on up to 5 devices under the same account.

Phone
    Apple iPhone 3Gs (black)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yes, I love the new password "feature". It freaked me out at first, but it has definitely helped...

Phone
    Apple iPhone 3G [16GB- White]
    Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Another tip on the .com is when you are typing an email address in mail hold the . to get the .com .net options.
    ~ signatures off ~

Phone
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Carrier
    ATT Wireless
    Feedback Score
    damn mmmartin - looks like you are on top of things I new about the screenshot and .com the other tho I didnt - NICE Find!!

Yes, I love the new password "feature". It freaked me out at first, but it has definitely helped...

Feedback Score
    Thanks for all the little tricks i actually have a question im sure most of you already know this but obviously i dont.

If i dowloaded an App and i dont like it and i want to unistalled or erase it or whatever, how do u do this?? thanks

Phone
    Apple iPhone 3G [16GB- White]
    Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markopromo
    Thanks for all the little tricks i actually have a question im sure most of you already know this but obviously i dont.

If i dowloaded an App and i dont like it and i want to unistalled or erase it or whatever, how do u do this?? thanks

Tap and hold the icon till they wiggle. Hit the X on the top of the icon for that app.

Phone
    iPhone 3G 16GB Whitey
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Repeat songs or playlist -

When playing a song in the iPod click on the the album art one time while holding the iPhone vertically (yes it has to be vertically). A timeline will appear at the top. Click on the to the left to repeat a playlist. Click the icon a second time and a "1" will appear meaning it'll repeat a single song. You can now use the timeline to move to different points in the song instead of holding the back and forward buttons on the bottom.

Phone
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Oh, and if you have 2 iPhones (you and your wife or girlfriend or whatever) - register them both using the same iTunes account & you can use the same Apps on both iPhones. Example - I paid for Monkeyball & downloaded it on my iPhone & then my wife DL'd it & installed it on hers for free. I think you can put them on up to 5 devices under the same account.
    That's awesome. I wanted to buy monkeyball but not twice. What happens when I plug my wife's into her account in the iMac, will it still sync her music and videos?

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast