Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    8
    Feedback Score
    0

    What is the difference between $30 and $45 data plan

    I trust people on this forum much more than AT&T CSRs.

    What is the major difference between $30 and $45 data plan.

    Can I get active synch working with $30 data plan? I just want push email and won't need to access my company's web site.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,758
    Carrier
    Sprint / AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by balarisha
    I trust people on this forum much more than AT&T CSRs.

    What is the major difference between $30 and $45 data plan.

    Can I get active synch working with $30 data plan? I just want push email and won't need to access my company's web site.
    $30 for standard consumer accounts. $45 is for corporate/business accounts.
    Last edited by Kadin; 07-16-2008 at 05:08 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,101
    Feedback Score
    0
    The $45 is for business lines only. It is to connect with your company's enterprise email system. If you don't need this, just get the $30 plan and you will get push email from your personal accounts.

    EDIT: My name is echo.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    8
    Feedback Score
    0
    So if I just have $30 plan, I can not get push office email using active-synch??

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    268
    Phones
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Blackberry 8310
    Moto Q
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    If you don't have Enterprise, you don't have "push" email. You'll get pull/fetch email in which the iPhone "pulls" new emails on a set schedule (ie 15/30/45 minutes).

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    143
    Phones
    iPhone 4
    Nokia E52 (intl/bkup)
    Carriers
    AT&T (us)
    FONIC (de)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by balarisha
    I trust people on this forum much more than AT&T CSRs.

    What is the major difference between $30 and $45 data plan.

    Can I get active synch working with $30 data plan? I just want push email and won't need to access my company's web site.
    There is no technical difference from everything I have seen.

    The $30 plan is attached to consumer accounts.

    The $45 plan is attached to business accounts under the guise that "business users use more data."

    That's it as far as I know. ActiveSync should work properly on both.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    1,096
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shahkg
    If you don't have Enterprise, you don't have "push" email. You'll get pull/fetch email in which the iPhone "pulls" new emails on a set schedule (ie 15/30/45 minutes).
    Wrong.

    The $30 and $45 are both the same. One is for consumer, one is for business.

    Both will allow EXCHANGE to PUSH for emails. They both allow unlimited data access.

    Again, you can PUSH with the $30 plan. There is no difference.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia Suburbs
    Posts
    3,869
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RussPath03
    Wrong.

    The $30 and $45 are both the same. One is for consumer, one is for business.

    Both will allow EXCHANGE to PUSH for emails. They both allow unlimited data access.

    Again, you can PUSH with the $30 plan. There is no difference.
    Correct. They are the same plan, just different price points for different market/user segments.

    Joe

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    724
    Phones
    iPhone3GS 16GB Black
    iPhone3G 8GB (Sold)
    iPhone 8GB (Sold)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Quake97
    Correct. They are the same plan, just different price points for different market/user segments.

    Joe

    Thats what I thought, But for some reason, I am having problem connecting to my exchange via 3G (it works on Wifi) I am at a lost.






  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles area & PA/NJ, USA
    Posts
    17,403
    Phones
    Nexus One
    N97 Mini (SOLD)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by balarisha
    So if I just have $30 plan, I can not get push office email using active-synch??
    wrong, the 30 dollar plan will let you get push email no problem. just forget the 45 dollar plan even exists, you dont need it.
    Current Device: Nexus One
    Phone History: |N97 Mini| |5800| |E71-2| |N95-4| |N95-3| |N75| |6131| |6230| |SE T616|


    | My HoFo Feedback |

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    150
    Phones
    iPhone 4 (32gig - Black)
    iPhone 4 (32gig - Black)
    iPhone 3Gs (16gig - Black)
    Carrier
    Cingular (Now The New AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    0
    (for other phones at least) the $45 plan was the only one to allow tethering your phone to a laptop. Not that you couldn't *do* it with the $30 plan, but if your data usage threw up a flag .. you got a huge bill.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    85
    Phones
    iPhone 4
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    So if your company has 100 iPhones and a corporate plan, they have to pay the $45 price per phone instead of the consumer $35 plan just because it's a corporate enterprise account?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    366
    Phone
    Iphone 3G
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by wattsja
    (for other phones at least) the $45 plan was the only one to allow tethering your phone to a laptop. Not that you couldn't *do* it with the $30 plan, but if your data usage threw up a flag .. you got a huge bill.
    wait, so if you use too much data, they can send you a bill because they think you tether? What if you just use a lot of data on your iphone? isn't unlimited just unlimited, end of story?
    Remains sexy while saying so.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia Suburbs
    Posts
    3,869
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikerz
    So if your company has 100 iPhones and a corporate plan, they have to pay the $45 price per phone instead of the consumer $35 plan just because it's a corporate enterprise account?
    Yep. It's sad.

    Joe

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia Suburbs
    Posts
    3,869
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sprungson
    wait, so if you use too much data, they can send you a bill because they think you tether? What if you just use a lot of data on your iphone? isn't unlimited just unlimited, end of story?
    No carrier does unlimited anymore. They say unlimited, but they are capped at 5GB. You'll be fine tethering from time to time, but if you go nuts they may catch you.

    Joe

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •