Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HTC Pro Touch vs HTC TyTN II

Feedback Score

HTC Pro Touch vs HTC TyTN II

Which one should i buy??? i see a website selling the Pro Touch for 800 (http://www.smart-mobile-gadgets.com/...roduct_id=1289)
    i can buy the TyTN II for like $500 Will the extra 300 be worth it?? i currently have a N95 and i dont like it that much. So which out of these two should i get or any other recomendation

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I don't think the Touch Pro is out yet.

Feedback Score
    is the TyTN one of the best windows mobile phone in the market right now? and how is these phone compared with th e90??
    Last edited by SuperMiguel; 07-19-2008 at 01:00 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    get the tytn2, not worth paying 300 for just a better screen considering the phone is windows mobile, by the way, where did you find an htc tytn2 for $500?

Device(s)
    Current: White I9100
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The Touch Pro will be quite a bit better than the TyTn II. I'd wait for that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewcjduong
    get the tytn2, not worth paying 300 for just a better screen considering the phone is windows mobile, by the way, where did you find an htc tytn2 for $500?
    you can find it here for $500 ish

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16875502007

i hope more develops on this thread, i currently have a htc 620 (aka unlocked Dash) and i'm looking to switch to something 3G

Device(s)
    Iphone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    the touch pro will be more than a qutie bit better. resolution and accleometer is worth it.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMiguel
    Which one should i buy??? i see a website selling the Pro Touch for 800 (http://www.smart-mobile-gadgets.com/...roduct_id=1289)
    i can buy the TyTN II for like $500 Will the extra 300 be worth it?? i currently have a N95 and i dont like it that much. So which out of these two should i get or any other recomendation
    It isn't out yet - if you look carefully - it is a pre-order.

From what I have read - the CDMA version is coming to the USA first.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by micahmills
    you can find it here for $500 ish

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16875502007

i hope more develops on this thread, i currently have a htc 620 (aka unlocked Dash) and i'm looking to switch to something 3G
    awww man! sooo damn cheap, its to bad they only ship within the us im stuck with paying $620, man everything in canada's so damn expensive

Device(s)
    Main Use: iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMiguel
    Seeing as how the TyTN II is already about a year old, I'd always choose the newer technology. The only caveat there is be sure that the newer phone doesn't have any major flaws. Thus, it really depends on your current situation and how long you can hold out before needing to buy a new phone.

The Touch Pro hasn't been released yet, but it's coming. I would not recommend being an early adopter; rather, I would suggest waiting to hear the first reports about the Touch Pro. There are already a few video reviews and unboxings on the web. So far the reviews are favorable, except for the tiny nature of the keys on the hardware keyboard due to the addition of a dedicated row of number keys. Also, there was one review that mentioned the slide out keyboard might have seemed less than sturdy, which caused the reviewer a small amount of concern for the durability of the keyboard in the future. Apart from those minor issues, the rest of the reports thus far have been glowing.

The Touch Flo 3D interface seems to be very flashy. The huge amount of RAM/ROM ensures virtually no issues with multitasking. The accelerometer adds more of the cool factor.

However, if you need a phone ASAP, there is something to be said for the TyTN II. Aside from the famous "video driver" issue, the TyTN II is a time tested device that has proven itself to be excellent. It runs smoothly on the latest WM 6.1 ROM. Being only about a year old, it is still not obsolete, and definitely has the specs to keep it competitive amongst the other devices coming out.

In making your decision, you'll ultimately have to weigh the issues of cost and amount of time you can wait against the need for the most current device out there.

Whatever you decide, good luck and enjoy your new device!
    CURRENT ITEMS FOR SALE:

My feedback thread

Feedback Score
    I'll go one even better..... just wait a while and you can get this beautifil piece of electronic hardware...

http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2008/0...-and-pictures/

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    thats junk:P get outta here! htc only!:P

Device(s)
    Main Use: iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by micahmills
    I'll go one even better..... just wait a while and you can get this beautifil piece of electronic hardware...

http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2008/0...-and-pictures/
    The specs in that link state that the Xperia has AWS 1700/2100. Has this been confirmed?

Device(s)
    Xperia X1
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular/AT&T
    Feedback Score

HTC Touch Pro

I'd get the htc touch pro. I have an tytn II now and have had it for a year and i believe the touch pro will be the new tytn II probably why they are calling it the tytn III in some places :-D.

The htc touch pro has a much faster processor and from what i've seen the touch flo 3d interface is pretty fast on that device but of course these are fresh out the box so who knows what will happen after full use. I'd pay attention to omio.com's videos. I've asked them to do a direct comparison between the tytn II and the touch pro in their next vid. Oh yea by the way if you are in the US AS FAR AS WE KNOW NOW the touch pro may not be able to use 3G. Watch the xda forums for updates on that.

The sony xperia x1 seems really sluggish for its processing power. the only vid i saw was a pre-released version so hopefully a software update will fix that speed issue.

Feedback Score

HTC Pro Touch

htc pro touch is good mobile, Under that glossy black shell lies WiFi, HSPA with a solid 7.2Mbps on the downstream, Bluetooth, 2.8-inch VGA display, Windows Mobile 6.1 featuring HTC's TouchFLO 3D interface, a 3.2 megapixel camera, a half gig of ROM, and 288MB of RAM. It's not going to win any "world's thinnest" records with an 18.05mm waistline, but those five rows of textual healing don't come without a price. The first batch of devices will be Europe-bound in "late summer" with 900 / 2100MHz 3G alongside the quadband GSM and EDGE; North and Latin American versions are promised for later in the year.
    -----------------------------------
    ASHLEE JAMES

Guaranteed ROI

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast