Thread: Text still going to my old phone!

Feedback Score

Text still going to my old phone!

Hello All! I recently switched from Metro to ATT. Had a Kyocera and switched to a BB 8100. I kept the same number and Metro released it. The Metro phone is still on for a few more days I guess because its prepaid? Anyway BBerry recieves calls and emails, but text is still going to old phone. I was converting contacts over and noticed I had texts in the inbox. Other than that I leave the Kyocera off. Does anyone know of a fix for this? Thanks in advance!!

Feedback Score
    Hopefully, this will be an easy fix. if your old number is still programmed into the old phone you will probably receive text alerts on both phones. They say it will only last for a couple of days but I switched phones in December and mine did it till i gave it to somebody else. Congrats on your upgrade (bb)

Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/109)

This is a common issue. I've noticed it on CDMA networks in particular.

IMO, its a security issue as well. As you can program someone else's number from the same cdma network into the phone and intercept their SMS.

Carrier
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    It happens to me. My Treo gets duplicates of my texts and it hasn't been active since November. But it only happens when it is in the same room as my active phone. I don't know that just programming the number into the phone would do it. I think the phone has to have previously been active on that particular line. Apparently if you call your carriers data department they can also disable this. I don't really consider it to be a security risk though.

Feedback Score
    Thanks Seaners. I am going to call Metro today and see if they can disable from thier end.