Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Feedback Score

So 14 days later and only 30 megs of data used ...

... I'm gonna start to agree that most users will never ever bust the 1 Gig barrier.

For starters, I've set-up Wifi access to my home & friends houses, so cuts alot of data use. Rest is normal 3G use ie googlemaps while driving, e-mail fetch each 30 minutes, and a bit of browsing. Some access to my smugmug online gallery as well to show others my photos.

Now I kinda wish I could pay 1 gig for 5$ instead of 6 gigs for 30$

The pre-made Iphone plans still suck alot tho, so I'm glad I took the 30$ data plan since there's no good alternative atm.

Phones
    IPhone 3G
    Motorola K1
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Yeah same here, for 2 weeks I use only less than 100 mb so far, and I've switched off wifi for most places except my home. I will even go for $15 for 2g data plan if Roger has it.

Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I'm at 285 MB after 14 days. But I was in the US for 5 days, and didn't use data. So it's more like 9 days actually.

I think I need to start watching more YouTube to utilize the $30 plan better.

Phones
    iphone 16gb white soon to be unlocked?:D
    iphone 8gb (1st gen) unlocked
    treo 750w unlocked
    Carriers
    robbers:<
    Feedback Score
    same, im ar liek 200 in 2 weeks (give or take). Its better to have more hten enough to be safe, but.. i wold settle for half for half the price:P

Phones
    iPhone 3G
    Samsung SGH-D807
    Motorla Razr
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I've used 35MB in six hours. I'm happy though with the $30/6GB plan so I don't need to watch, plan and conserve. I can just use the damn phone. I also use a bunch of webapps. In fact, I haven't even looked at the App Store yet as I've been happily setting up several webapps on my phone. I love rememberthemlik.com. I also love syncing with my gmail.com contacts.

Phones
    iPhone
    Blackberry Curve
    Razr 2
    Carriers
    Rogers
    FIDO
    Feedback Score
    Ive used 1456 mb since july 11

Phone
    Nexus S
    Carrier
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ericlewis91
    Ive used 1456 mb since july 11
    crazy... what kind of stuff are you doing that burns through that much data?

i'm at like 70MB after 10 days. i dont even use wifi at all, and i thought i play with it quite a bit and browse fairly often

Phones
    iPhone
    Blackberry Curve
    Razr 2
    Carriers
    Rogers
    FIDO
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by profets
    crazy... what kind of stuff are you doing that burns through that much data?

i'm at like 70MB after 10 days. i dont even use wifi at all, and i thought i play with it quite a bit and browse fairly often

Youtube, Safari, Email (not on 3G much...) also I used 3G in the card plugged into an outlet

Phones
    Nokia 5230
    Nokia E51 (Travel phone)
    Samsung u740, Samsung a640, Motorola T720 (Retired)
    Carriers
    WIND
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Lots of people don't know how to connect to WiFi.
    Lots of people go insane uploading pictures to Facebook, etc.
    Lots of people are addicted to YouTube.

I can see a few random people getting overages, especially if they were never informed they could use any plan other than the iPhone-specific ones.

Phones
    iPhone
    Hiptop2 (Retired)
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 gig is foolishly easy to break for iPhone power users, especially once you jailbreak and install some apps that make more use of bandwidth.

WiFi is great when your near it. People like me who are on the road all day as part of our jobs rarely see it.

There's plenty of other threads that deal with peoples bandwidth usage - you'll see wildly varying numbers depending on what people are using their phones for, what they do for al living (Wifi at work like you versus none for me), jailbroken versus not, etc etc.
    HoFo'er for 8 years and counting.

Quality, Not Quantity.

Phones
    Carriers
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I only have the 1st gen iPhone so I know that I can't really comment on how much data I would use with the 3G. I have never gone over 30 mb with the first one though. I don't use it tons and rarely watch Youtube unless I'm on wifi. I *really* wish that Rogers offered a smaller plan for cheaper. Like 1 gig for $15 or even 500 mb for $10. At least give us non-power users some options
    I am the Doctor...and this is my spoon.

Phone
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    After 1 full day I've used 87 mb's. That included a lot of email, a fair amount of surfing, and a few tests of the GPS.

Phone
    iPhone
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I've had the phone for just over 3 days, and my total data usage is just over 250mb.

That includes email, some youtube, and the GPS.

Phone
    Apple iphone 3G S 16gig white
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I have had it since last Monday ..so like 5 days?..

I am at around 50 megs.. I surfed alot, youtubed a few videos..tested out the GPS..did speed tests lol.. had last.fm on a bunch of times..downloaded apps using 3g.. Yeah 6 gigs is going to be hard to crush at this rate!
    BUT iam glad I don't have to worry.. I use it and not think about it.

Phones
    Motorola Milestone
    iPhone 3GS
    Nokia N810
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Due to the excellent WiFi performance, and the fact that I am mostly at home or at work with better WiFi signal coverage than 3G coverage I am in the same boat, still under 100 megs and I got mine on launch morning. I fetch two accounts every 15 min and have push calendar sync. WiFi also saves the battery compared to 3G and is faster = win all around.

I agree with the previous poster, better to never worry / plan / think about data and just use the phone. As a former BB user who payed $65/mo for 50mb, saving $35 a month to go to unlimited has made me a pretty solid Rogers fan at the moment.

Really it's not a 6 gig plan, and thinking about that number (and calculating your delta, as if the goal was to get to 6gig lest you not get your "money's worth") is missing the point. This is the unlimited plan, and $30 is pretty good for peace of mind.

edit: iPhone keyboard 'freestyle' English corrected

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast