Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Connect 75 Unlimited - Telus trying to force me into $65/1GB

Feedback Score
    Looks like the OAG moved the Verizon press release.

Document now found at:

http://www.oag.state.ny.us/media_cen...oct23a_07.html

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    So any more word on the terminations?

Device(s)
    Treo $15 U/L EV-DO, Rogers Bold from work
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility = LiMit obTUSEly
    Feedback Score
    Bump

Can the folks who've received calls please update their status? Are you terminated? Are you going to stay terminated? What?

Maybe they're not posting because they're all on dialup now...

Feedback Score
    I've got 2 weeks, either get cut off or capped at 2Gb Sept 16. Haven't spoken to anybody since I told them I'm filing a complaint with the CCTS.

Feedback Score
    I haven't spoken to any one from Telus since I was told that I had to move to Connect65 or my service would be terminated. I'm still on and my disconnect is supposed to happen in mid September.
    Did Ya see the Telus banner on this site. "We Believe in UNLIMITED"

Device(s)
    Treo $15 U/L EV-DO, Rogers Bold from work
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility = LiMit obTUSEly
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by imaddicted2u
    Did Ya see the Telus banner on this site. "We Believe in UNLIMITED"
    Hahahahahaha priceless!

Interesting that TELUS is terminating you to protect the other network users: YOU'RE NOT EVEN ON TELUS' NETWORK. How can they know what the load is on Bell's network? I mean they just issue the PRL and then get a bill at the end of the month right?

Those who have already been contacted should email Johannsson directly (and politely) and ask him whether the campaign is still on or whether we should stop spreading the word...

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson k790a
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    It's important to note that the rest of their network (other than the 'last mile' wireless EV-DO link from the tower to my house) is no different than any other ISP. It is (or should be) fiber optic cables right up to the tower. A fiber optic network just like Comcast with their 250GB explicit cap. Just like Rogers/Bell WiMax where you can use about 40GB per month for about the $75 mark (all explicitly laid out).

How was anyone supposed to win when playing the Telus game of "Guess the secret cap"?

If you're under the secret cap, then you're not getting your money's worth even by Telus's secret standards. Yeah sure, pay $82+ a month and then barely use it?

If you're over the secret cap, and you're unlucky enough to meet some other secret criteria (NS and NB?, using a Bell Tower?), then they cut off your service and (in some cases) cut off your access to high speed Internet.

What a mug's game.

Secret usage caps for "Unlimited" data plans are a clear example of Deceptive Marketing Practices.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    When Telus "officially" cuts someone off, GAME ON!
    Go here to participate in changing Canada's Digital Future! http://de-en.gc.ca/home/

Canada's Net Neutrality Petition http://www.saveournet.ca/

Dissolve the CRTC! http://dissolvethecrtc.ca/

Feedback Score
    Anything new on this?

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson k790a
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I've received another Telus invoice in the mail for the usual amount. The invoice still uses the name "Connect 75 Unlimited" to describe the wireless data rate plan. There is nothing printed on the bill about any threatened cancellation of our "unlimited" wireless data service due to overuse; this lack of written notice seems to fit with their apparent preference for keeping everything 'verbal only'.

They've dug themselves into a fine little hole - perhaps they've decided to stop digging. I guess we'll soon see. But if they do decide to actually pull the trigger later this month, then they should watch for significant legal ricochets. Because it'll be actual, real-live, well-documented 'Deceptive Marketing Practices' at that point.

Feedback Score
    Got an invoice too....Still showing Unlimited data plan.

Feedback Score
    My invoice, which has been paid, says the same thing. No indication of any restrictions. Plan on calling them before the 16th to see if the account has been tagged with a restriction. The Call Center should be able to see if any restrictions are being applied. Most of the people there believe that the accounts are "unlimited"

Device(s)
    Q10 (active)
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    You folks realize with millions of subscribers with various billing cycles spread out over the 30 days in the month that they print hundreds of thousands of invoices a day? They're not going to hunt for a few specific ones to make a modification telling you that you've been cancelled or something. You'll receive a separate letter or something.

Device(s)
    Nokia 3100
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EV-DO in NS
    I've received another Telus invoice in the mail for the usual amount. The invoice still uses the name "Connect 75 Unlimited" to describe the wireless data rate plan. There is nothing printed on the bill about any threatened cancellation of our "unlimited" wireless data service due to overuse; this lack of written notice seems to fit with their apparent preference for keeping everything 'verbal only'.

They've dug themselves into a fine little hole - perhaps they've decided to stop digging. I guess we'll soon see. But if they do decide to actually pull the trigger later this month, then they should watch for significant legal ricochets. Because it'll be actual, real-live, well-documented 'Deceptive Marketing Practices' at that point.
    +1

and -1 to the person who posted the telus shareholder style rant

Feedback Score

Minor update to my account status.

It's been a while since I've posted since originally starting this thread.
    Since my last post:

I sent the rep (Simon), who originally called me and was trying to force me into a $60 / 1GB service, an email basically asking him to please clarify how I was violating the terms of service. I requested that he reply via email as phone conversations during the working day are difficult for me.

Keep in mind our 2 conversations were basically about me violating the TOS because in his opinion, I was using streaming data. I tried to clarify that YouTube was not streaming (it downloads to your PC). He sent me the TOS via email for me to review.

Anyway, he left me the following Voicemail. Note, that streaming is not the issue, but I'm "adversely affecting other users" now.

The voicemail transcript is as follows:

".... Unfortunately for legal reasons I cannot reply through emails. There seems to be a whole point about, is YouTube streaming media or not. I don't think it's that relevant. If you look at the service terms I sent you. So basically it says, you will not use the service for multimedia, VoIP, any other application that uses excessive network capacity, or may otherwise adversely impact other users. At this point, the usage that is being made on the air card is adversely impacting other users, which may not be the point I got across the first time around. You know, to be truthful, you were one of my first calls, but this is what we are really looking for, so if you want to call me..."

Then Aug 12th, I got the letter from Rob Durham, advising to call them before Sept 12th.

I called them after work at the number the letter specified (877-279-3100). I told the rep I was calling in regards to a letter I rcvd about my account usage. He didn't know anything about the letter, and put me on hold to talk to someone. After a few mins, he came back and advised that he couldn't help me, as there is a small department in Montreal (3 people I thin he said), that is looking after my account. I requested that he make a note on my account, that I'm requesting a definition of "...affecting other users..." and I would like it defined in an email.

Well, that's all for now. I suspect I'll get another Voicemail and it'll go back and forth from there.

I've also given the head's up to my company, who have a large Telus account, that they should go over the contracts and review the vague TOS. Our telecomm mgr couldn't believe Telus tactics.

I'll keep you posted.

I'm going to email MP David McGuinty as this is a prime example of why he is introducing bill C-555.

.............................kd

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast