Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Connect 75 Unlimited - Telus trying to force me into $65/1GB

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Curve 8330
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    ^ Don't give in to them, and thanks for letting us know how it's going.
    ** WARNING **
    Please use PM to communicate with me on B/S/T sales. There are people pretending to be me via e-mail with false addresses. I will gladly reply via the account "kekko" on HoFo and "kekkosan" on eBay to verify myself. When someone says they are person-x via e-mail, they could in fact be anyone so it's up to you to confirm who you are dealing with.

HoFo | eBay

The views expressed in the above post do not necessarily reflect that of my employer.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson k790a
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappin
    ...(Simon): Keep in mind our 2 conversations were basically about me violating the TOS because in his opinion, I was using streaming data. ...
    Telus promotes (even now) streaming and multimedia as key features of the EV-DO system:

"The TELUS Wireless High Speed network allows for fast and reliable Internet connections. This opens the door for a variety of services such as streaming video and other multimedia applications. Mobile professionals will be able to get broadband-like connections to corporate Intranets, e-mail servers, the Internet, and other online services."

See:
    http://evdo-novascotia.blogspot.com/...ote-telus.html

Also, each EV-DO channel is capable of supporting roughly 1000 GB per month. That is per EV-DO channel. Any given tower can support who-knows how many EV-DO channels. So using (for example) 15 or 20 GB per month is using under 2% of just one EV-DO channel. Or a tiny fraction of the capacity of one tower.

And there is evidence that the real issue is financial (roaming on Bell towers in NS and NB):

See:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1422617

The evidence all stacks-up against Telus.

Much more on my blog. Google EV-DO in NS

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson k790a
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I've been provided with some technical information about EV-DO which reveals one of their excuses to be technically inaccurate. I'll keep it to myself for now, but if anyone needs it for legal actions, contact me by private message.

Device(s)
    Iphones, Moto Androids
    Carrier(s)
    Telus-Voice
    Feedback Score
    My friend was told today straight out that when his Connect 100 unlimited (with US roaming which he will never, ever use-they made him take it because we're in Alberta though of course) runs out that he will not be allowed to keep that plan, and will be put on a new plan. So they are basically telling him that there will be no grandfather clause on this one.
    Another guy: phoned in because about a month ago and we added a new aircard to his account, already had the card so just a month-to-month. They told me "no sir we cannot add the unlimited plan anymore". I insisted to them we wanted the same unlimited plan that the other card on that account was on.... so "please hold".
    After awhile he came back, said he couldn't do it on activation, but he would activate the new number, then put it on the same unlimited plan. Keep in mind that I passed on the $65 1GB plus $10 per GB after plan, instead wanting the $100 unlimited plan. After awhile he said this was all done now, have a good day.
    Today-a $2000 dollar bill arrives for the new card going over 1GB, with $1 per MB after that. Wow. He was LIVID. The lady basically told him he's never had unlimited, and that was the plan he's always been on. I don't believe it, since he's had that plan for over 5 YEARS now.. before evdo there were only unlimited 1x plans for $100, as far back as I remember............
    So I have to phone in tonight, I'm sure he had a note on his account after listening to him explode at the poor rep.... they DID refund the overage charges but that doesn't help with his lack of unlimited suddenly

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Welcome to Telus! The Futre is Friendly if you don't use more than 20MB a month!

Hope your friend can work stuff out... This is why you always try to get their name + extension number...

Feedback Score
    OMG is this ever slow....Just wanted to let all know that my disconnect took place this evening. I'm connected via dialup right now as I have no other option available to me. I was roaming on a Bell tower. I also believe this is why I was targeted.
    I'm contacting the Competition Bureau to inform them that I was disconnected today.
    Time to band together!

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson k790a
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Today (15 September 2008) my Telus 'Connect 75 Unlimited' service was terminated.

Since my very first telephone call with 'Simon' was on 20 August 2008, this wasn't even the minimum 30-days notice. They violated their very own Terms of Service.

I had to spend the better part of an hour trying to get past the Telus telephone system to find a human. Eventually I spoke to 'Bobby' in Management. After some discussion of the facts, my service is now reinstated until 20 September.

By the way - remember that promise to refund the cost of your now-useless hardware? The promise made by 'Simon' and repeated by Telus PR flak Jim Johannsson on the Globe and Mail (details, if you need them, are on my blog).

Well, 'Bobby' says that such hardware refunds are not on offer. Perhaps he is just ill-informed.

More details on my blog, Google: EV-DO in NS.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson k790a
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    By the way, 'Bobby' in Management stated that my usage was really really high. He as much as admitted that the reason for my service cancellation was due to me overusing the 'Connect 75 Unlimited' wireless data plan.

Deceptive Marketing Practices.

Feedback Score
    I was told that I was not supposed to be using it as an internet connection.
    Imagine that!
    Also I was invoiced, in advance for Sept. 7 to Oct. 8, I wonder if they will still charge the full amount since I'm disconnected on Sept. 15 and then there is the hardware refund.
    I used 10 gigs last month.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson k790a
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I'm in Nova Scotia. Where are you? Oh surprise surprise, New Brunswick.

Carrier(s)
    4169582622 ANI #
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EV-DO in NS
    By the way, 'Bobby' in Management stated that my usage was really really high. He as much as admitted that the reason for my service cancellation was due to me overusing the 'Connect 75 Unlimited' wireless data plan.

Deceptive Marketing Practices.
    "saying" is not useful, he need to put it in your "notes" on file.

I am also supporting you by changing my prl to connect only to Bell EVDO towers.
    25GB Cap? DIY Telnus prepaid/Koodo unlimited EVDO internet (for $10 per 2 months, to keep account "Active"), Max 3Mbps download speed, if you roam on Bell (free), then you get non-NATed IP

mobile files is reopened - Aug 11/2010
    HoFo = censorship same as US censor wikileaks = china censor

Feedback Score
    I've been given the names of 2 law firms that specialize in class actions.

http://www.siskinds.com/default.asp - these guys are in London, Ont and are pretty well known in the class action field. They run a sub-site: http://www.classaction.ca/

http://www.scarfonehawkinsllp.com/default.asp - this is a Hamilton-based firm, and they too have a sub-site for class actions: http://www.classactionlaw.ca/

Need 2 or more people to call it a class action

One person will be the repesentative for the group.

Looking for a concensus on proceeding and objections to my being the rep for the group, since both of these firms are in Ontario and the rep will have to meet with counsel from time to time.

Or does anybody else have someone they want to contact?

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson k790a
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EV-DO in NS
    By the way - remember that promise to refund the cost of your now-useless hardware? The promise made by 'Simon' and repeated by Telus PR flak Jim Johannsson on the Globe and Mail (details, if you need them, are on my blog). Well, 'Bobby' says that such hardware refunds are not on offer. Perhaps he is just ill-informed. More details on my blog, Google: EV-DO in NS.
    Update: I got a message from Telus today. Refunds for hardware are apparently back on offer.

It must be part of their "Gosh, I hope we don't get fined and sued too much" mitigation program. It helps a bit, but it barely scratches the surface of their potential liability.

Device(s)
    Treo $15 U/L EV-DO, Rogers Bold from work
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility = LiMit obTUSEly
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RoMu
    I've been given the names of 2 law firms that specialize in class actions.[...]Looking for a concensus on proceeding and objections to my being the rep for the group, since both of these firms are in Ontario and the rep will have to meet with counsel from time to time.

Or does anybody else have someone they want to contact?
    If I get booted, I'm in. Until then, you should have no difficulty finding affected people.

Godspeed.

Feedback Score
    I'm aboard for the class action law suit.
    RoMu, I agree with you being the rep. I live in New Brunswick so travelling would be more difficult. Let me know if I can be of help.

"Dial-up sucks" but it is "Unlimited"

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast