Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Connect 75 Unlimited - Telus trying to force me into $65/1GB

Feedback Score
    In anticipation of everyone’s reaction I contacted one of the law firms, Scarfone Hawkins, the other day by email with a brief outline of what’s been happening. According to their web site it could take up to 72 hrs for them to respond due to volume of email they get. Expect to hear from them today or tomorrow.

In the meantime if you haven’t done so yet, please visit their website

http://www.scarfonehawkinsllp.com/default.asp - this is a Hamilton-based firm, and they have a sub-site for class actions: http://www.classactionlaw.ca/

In particular the class action FAQ page
    http://www.classactionlaw.ca/content/faq.html

I’ll PM interested parties with an email address for more direct contact.

Device(s)
    IP4
    Carrier(s)
    Fido/Rogers
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Good luck to you...!!

This will set the precedent for all those of us with other providers and similar plans..ie unlimited talk, unlim web access, unlimited texting, etc...

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge/Various tablets
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility/ "Tablet 5" + 2 Unpublished SMB plans
    Feedback Score
    There, I just put myself into the line of fire and took over someones Connect 75 Unlimited plan.

But I'm in Alberta where they likely won't mind what I do with it.
    Clearnet Digital PCS

We think everyone should be able to afford a wireless phone. That's why we were the first wireless company in North America to offer pay-by-the-second airtime, and why we don't charge an activation fee. NO scary contract to sign. Immediate national coverage. And a 30-day satisfaction guarantee. Yes, it's finally time to get a wireless phone.
    f u t u r e . f r i e n d l y™

Best viewed with Netscape 3.0 at 800 x 600 resolution.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

For some extra publicity....

I highly recommend anyone with the Connect 75 Unlimited plan check out The Consumerist.

It's a consumer advocacy blog that helps consumers deal with this sort of BS.

Email your stories in to them and believe me Telus will feel the sting of the bad publicity it generates.

The Consumerist is widely read and has delivered major victories for the 'little guy' against scammy corporations.

Good luck!

Feedback Score
    Heard from the CCTS today.

Telus failed to respond within the required time period and the CCTS is now going to investigate my complaint.

Little wonder since Telus refuses to put anything in writing.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson k790a
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Telus is now firmly caught in web of lies:

Back in August, Simon had told me that I had violated ToS #5 regarding Streaming Multimedia, but he also admitted that I was using the "Connect 75 Unlimited" service too much ("5GB is cool") and snorted at my offer to try to limit our usage to perhaps 15GB per month.

When we (the user base) noted that Telus actually advertises such multimedia streaming usage as a key feature, Telus switched to ToS #18 and tried to terminate the service on 30-days notice. But they pulled the plug on me earlier than the stated notification (twice, no matter how you slice it) thereby violating their very own ToS.

In their (late) response to CCTS, they're now claiming cover under ToS #11 and they imply that I have violated another (unspecified!!!!) ToS (back to ToS #5 again? I dunno...).

Thursday I spoke with some nice young lady in the 'Office of the President' (at their request) and she tried to claim that they're just canceling ALL the 'Connect 75 Unlimited' clients and that my usage pattern had nothing to do with it. But this is contradicted by the 'Please contact us' letter dated 12 August and by their (late) CCTS response which both stated in writing that I was to blame.

Perhaps Telus is coming to realize just how difficult it is to create a story that is fully consistent with all the facts.

Much more on my blog. Google: EV-DO in NS

We're on dial-up Internet access now. My kids have developed a deep hatred of Telus since they no longer have practical access to most aspects of the Internet. They understand that we were paying a lot of money for "Unlimited" access and they understand that Telus has been engaging in Deceptive Marketing Practices.

In such a clear-cut case, it seems likely that Telus is going to get fined big time.

Device(s)
    Nokia 3100
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    get a globalstar phone and stick the antenna out your window then. it costs $20/mo for unlimited north american voice calls/roaming and unlimited data.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by icq2000b
    get a globalstar phone and stick the antenna out your window then. it costs $20/mo for unlimited north american voice calls/roaming and unlimited data.
    what a useless post in a very important thread. (that sat phone service has completely nothingtdo do with evdo connect plans from telus)

@ EV-DO in NS .... I'm really impressed at how much info you've managed to uncover, an its nice to know some people wont just bend over when a big corporation tries to **** him.

I suppose if my unlimited plan was in jeopardy it'd probably do everything in my power to prevent it aswell.

keep fighting the good fight...

Carrier(s)
    4169582622 ANI #
    Feedback Score
    Set your NAI in QPST to tmlab.telusmobility.com. No data usage shows up!
    25GB Cap? DIY Telnus prepaid/Koodo unlimited EVDO internet (for $10 per 2 months, to keep account "Active"), Max 3Mbps download speed, if you roam on Bell (free), then you get non-NATed IP

mobile files is reopened - Aug 11/2010
    HoFo = censorship same as US censor wikileaks = china censor

Device(s)
    Treo 755P
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score

Arrow

Now that you have shared your "secret" its just a matter of time before Telus catches up to it and create a different test sub-domain.

Quote Originally Posted by kocoman
    Set your NAI in QPST to tmlab.telusmobility.com. No data usage shows up!

Carrier(s)
    4169582622 ANI #
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphoner
    Now that you have shared your "secret" its just a matter of time before Telus catches up to it and create a different test sub-domain.
    Then I can sniff out another one from the 1x or evdo traffic someday. EVDO and 1x is like WEP, still hackable. But too bad Telus is switching to GSM/LTE, it will be over soon.

Device(s)
    Nokia 3100
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    it'll be nice finally having telus phones that can spit out up to 2 watts instead of a measly 200 milliwatts - lol

Device(s)
    Current: IPhone 4G 16GB Black, BlackBerry Curve 8520
    Carrier(s)
    Currently use: Rogers.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by icq2000b
    it'll be nice finally having telus phones that can spit out up to 2 watts instead of a measly 200 milliwatts - lol
    /OT

On the flip side I prefer phones that have properly tuned intelligent radios that put out a measly 200 milliwatts and perform better then RF barfing 2 watt phones that crap all over the spectrum and each other causing untold annoyances to near by electronics, people, killing their batteries and sterilizing their users - lol.

TV - <Buzz Buzz Buzz>
    Me - Answer your phone dammit I am trying to watch a show.
    Other person - It's not ringing!!!
    Phone - <Ring Ring>

/end OT

Device(s)
    BB Bold Baby
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers GSM&EDGE
    Feedback Score
    Quick Question.... I currently have the connect 100 on a usb evdo card. Love the thing, no issues no letters travel to the states a lot so it works out for me. I am in the middle of my 3 year contract probably 2 years left... I just ordered a new Dell Laptop with built in evdo card. Will I have an issue when I do a hardware move from my USB card to my internal WWAN card. IE will they give me a hasstle about my connect 100 plan that doesn't exist anymore.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    just use the esn swap online
    Fast and no problem ;p

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast