Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Connect 75 Unlimited - Telus trying to force me into $65/1GB

Device(s)
    Nokia 5230
    Carrier(s)
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by icq2000b
    get a globalstar phone and stick the antenna out your window then. it costs $20/mo for unlimited north american voice calls/roaming and unlimited data.
    Problem: $6 SAF and a whopping 1 year contract.

If I had a job I'd seriously consider getting one.

Device(s)
    BB Bold Baby
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers GSM&EDGE
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyg3n
    just use the esn swap online
    Fast and no problem ;p

great, I will do that. Now I just have to wait till nov 15th for my new lappy.

Device(s)
    BB Bold Baby
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers GSM&EDGE
    Feedback Score
    I have another question... I am about 8 months into my 1 year connect 100 contract with telus... WHat happens when it ends, will I still have the plan, or are they going to move me to something automatically? If so is telus going to tell me they are changing my plan?

Device(s)
    BlackBerry KeyONE, BlackBerry Classic
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by balto_2002
    I have another question... I am about 8 months into my 1 year connect 100 contract with telus... WHat happens when it ends, will I still have the plan, or are they going to move me to something automatically? If so is telus going to tell me they are changing my plan?
    You should be able to keep it. TELUS is usually pretty good about grandfathering their plans. But who knows with this one. Nothing would surprise me.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Tour 9630, Blackberry Storm 9530
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EricMammoth
    Problem: $6 SAF and a whopping 1 year contract.

If I had a job I'd seriously consider getting one.
    and the phone costs 995

Device(s)
    BB Bold Baby
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers GSM&EDGE
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by seaners
    You should be able to keep it. TELUS is usually pretty good about grandfathering their plans. But who knows with this one. Nothing would surprise me.
    Well it turns out my plan is up November 1st this year... So I will log into the portal November 2nd and we will see what I plan I am on... Lets hope i get to stay on the connect 100

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BB Curve 8330: BlackBerry8330/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/126 UP.Browser/5.0.3.3)

Fingers crossed!

Feedback Score
    It's been a while but finally getting a response from the CCTS.

Apparently Telus tried to quash my complaint and the CCTS investigation by saying the complaint didn’t fall within the mandate of the CCTS. CCTS responded with this:

I have concluded that this complaint is an Eligible Complaint as it deals with “delivery of service” (section 1.1(j)) and raises an issue of compliance with contract terms, subjects that expressly fall within our mandate. I have carefully reviewed the exclusions listed in section 1.1B and, in particular, those cited in your email. In my view none of them apply to exclude this complaint from the definition and I thus conclude that this is an Eligible Complaint.

CCTS will also be in touch with TELUS to pose specific questions once it has begun its investigation in earnest.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BB Curve 8330: BlackBerry8330/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/126 UP.Browser/5.0.3.3)

That's great news! Make sure to keep us posted.

Device(s)
    IP4
    Carrier(s)
    Fido/Rogers
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    glad to hear; keep us posted!

Feedback Score
    Updates as soon as they happen but given the time it's taken to get this far it's gonna be a while again before I hear anything else.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson k790a
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Yawn, I awake from a 3-month sleep and discover that Telus has still not provided me with the hardware refund that they promised they would provided "a few weeks" after I sent back the now-useless modem. It's been about three months since they received the hardware and I have several invoices indicated that they credited the hardware and indicating that they owe me hundreds.

I can't be bothered playing telephone tag when I'm at work and supposed to be working. Their stupid on-line contact-us "e-mail" form either doesn't or barely works.

So frig it. I just entered ANOTHER formal CCTS complaint about these bums holding my hardware refund hostage for months on end.

Anyone else offered a hardware refund related to Telus "Connect 75 [not really] Unlimited", and if so, how did it turn out?

Device(s)
    Fries Supreme
    Carrier(s)
    Taco Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EV-DO in NS
    It's been about three months since they received the hardware and I have several invoices indicated that they credited the hardware and indicating that they owe me hundreds.
    Uh you mean "...that they haven't credited the hardware..." right?

You're better off calling in anyways, so someone can tell you if there is a note on your account saying they actually did receive the hardware.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson k790a
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    No...

"...I have several invoices indicated that they credited the hardware..."

In other words, they got the hardware (months ago), credited the account (months ago), but they've forgotten their promise to send me the refund check.

Seriously, the first thing I tried was their on-line 'contact us' form, but that's broken six ways from Sunday. I think a few of my entries might have got through to their webmaster, but none of the other combinations work.

I also tried calling, but it took about ten minutes to determine that the office was closed for the day.

It almost appears that they want me to fly up to their office and stand in line and beg for them to push the print check button (slight exaggeration).

Oh well, the CCTS on-line formal complaint form works perfectly. And it also works during the late evening when I have time to chase-up this issue.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BB Curve 8330: BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.131 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/126 UP.Browser/5.0.3.3)

Oh you already received credit?? They probably just forgot to refund you the credit balance. Just call them and say you want a cheque for the credit balance on your account. It's not a big deal.
    Last edited by seaners; 02-06-2009 at 09:53 AM.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast