Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Thread: Connect 75 Unlimited - Telus trying to force me into $65/1GB

Feedback Score
    they can't force you off but of course want you off it to make more money...the new plans are $30 for 1 GB and $60 for 3 GB...that's it!!!

Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BBaddict79
    they can't force you off but of course want you off it to make more money...the new plans are $30 for 1 GB and $60 for 3 GB...that's it!!!
    If I am not mistaken, legally they can force you off.

It is just like the web hosting providers offering UNLIMITED Space and bandwidth. If your usage of system resources EXCEEDS the "fair share" amount, they can kick you off -- this is "system resources" not bandwidth or space.

With web hosting, if your site is generating a server load of 1 or above (on a shared hosting environment, they'll terminate your account).

I'm sure Telus and Bell and the other companies offering Unlimited bandwidth ensured this clause was in the SLA.

Device(s)
    Iphones, Moto Androids
    Carrier(s)
    Telus-Voice
    Feedback Score
    Yes, this is ollld. They can and did force him off. Bell did it first, ditching a ton of "unlimited" users, and then Telus did in more isolated cases.
    Ultimately it was a huge pain in the *** for everyone involved. The OP has a website about it if you want to see his struggles with Telus. It looked like it was mainly happening to people who were roaming on the opposite towers, I'd imagine something with thier roaming agreements makes them lose money on these users. I got a couple "you are hurting our network" letters from Bell, funny how I did that while being 100 miles from a Bell tower but you get the idea. Unlimited disappeared except for those with 5+ numbers on their account, whom can get it for $75 which includes US roaming unlimited, a great deal if you can get it.
    And that was the end of it, everyone wants to sue them and yada yada but it never happens.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17