Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Connect 75 Unlimited - Telus trying to force me into $65/1GB

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Priv, BlackBerry Classic
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BB Curve 8330: BlackBerry8330/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/126 UP.Browser/5.0.3.3)

Quote Originally Posted by w4lker
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman
    Has anyone else here receive any warning phone calls/letters?

I've used over 1TB and nothing here yet.
    Cumulative, or in a month?
    Ahh, good question! I just assumed in a month but now in re-reading the post that wasn't actually mentioned. I'm thinking that is what he meant though.
    Last edited by seaners; 07-29-2008 at 03:41 PM.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Curve 8330
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Wow with 1 Terabyte you could download over 200 DVDs...

That can't be in a month can it? It's hard to go over 33 GB in a day I would think unless you are constantly downloading from a nearly inexhaustible source of hosts.

Good to hear people are using 50+GB though without any repercussion.
    ** WARNING **
    Please use PM to communicate with me on B/S/T sales. There are people pretending to be me via e-mail with false addresses. I will gladly reply via the account "kekko" on HoFo and "kekkosan" on eBay to verify myself. When someone says they are person-x via e-mail, they could in fact be anyone so it's up to you to confirm who you are dealing with.

HoFo | eBay

The views expressed in the above post do not necessarily reflect that of my employer.

Device(s)
    LG- IQ
    Carrier(s)
    Telus.Hspa
    Feedback Score
    Named, Kocoman.
    Uses, Over a TB in a month.

Occupation, sits in car alot, talks alot online and through passenger window.

Income,Tax-Free!

Priceless!

lol

WR

Feedback Score
    jebus
    On contract terms and responsibilities and getting the right information:

When youre talking about signing a contract for 3 years that will in the end may potentially cost you 20x X number of months you really should do everything to protect yourself.

Feedback Score

no way

Tell them to **** off....

You do not have to change..

Device(s)
    Treo $15 U/L EV-DO, Rogers Bold from work
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility = LiMit obTUSEly
    Feedback Score
    It's not in a month.

8 trillion bits in a Terabyte

divided by

2592000 seconds in a month

=3086420 bps
    =3086 Kbps
    =3.1 Mbps

On average for 30 consecutive days.

I'd like to see someone do that on any wireless connection that's not being tested in a University telecom lab somewhere.

I doubt they even have that kind of wireline bandwidth to the towers. Imagine 10 people pulling on a cell site at that rate!

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Curve 8330
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Well if they were constantly uploading at 1+ Mbps and downloading at 2 Mbps it's conceivable since it's upload and download combined...but very hard to achieve under normal network conditions.

Anyway have they been in contact with you since? Hopefully it was an error and not something that will continue to be a problem.

Feedback Score

Unlimited isn't unlimited anymore on my Connect Plan

Dear xxxxxx,

Important notice about your mobility service

We have reviewed your use of data services on our network and have determined that your usage falls outside the bounds of customary messaging and wireless internet data purposes authorized by our Service Terms. In particular, the Service Terms prohibit the use of the service in conjuction with protocols or applications that require excessive network capacity.

In order to avoid a possible suspension of your data service, we need to discuss your usage within the next 30 days.

We request that your call urgently at 1-877-279-3100 before September 12th, 2008. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Rob Durham
    Senior Vice President, Client Operations.
    When signing up for a 3 year contract with the $75/m *unlimited* connect plan I was assured up and down by the rep that I was going to be free to use the connection in an unlimited, and unrestricted fashion.

A little while ago I was speaking with a rep to adjust my plans, and he said "It's good to see you have lots of usage on your data. We like to see customers getting good value from the unlimited package."

Apparently I'm not the only one to get this letter.

Has anyone else got this? Are they offering to allow you to cancel your service without penalty? I've searched high and low for the "Service Terms" with no luck finding them??

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Diamond
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Is this from tethering?
    :: $40 Talk to Me 40 - 350 Anytime Mins & Unlimited Incoming :: $10 My Faves Nationwide :: $15 Unlimited Data (Email, IM & Web) :: $7.70 SAF/911 Fee ::
    :: Free 100 Bonus Anytime Mins :: Free 100 Long Distance Mins :: Free Unlimited Text Messaging :: Free 6pm Evenings & Weekends :: Free Caller ID :: Free Voicemail ::
    :: $40 + $10 + $15 + $7.70 = $72.70 + tax ::

Device(s)
    V65E4710, A3LSMG925W8, PDNRM-975, IHDT56PG3, QMNRM-11, L6ARCV70UW, L6ARJE180LW
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, Bell, SpeakOut, CSL, au by KDDI
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    fr05t,

Greetings. Perhaps you should read carefully...

http://www.telusmobility.com/about/m...t_policy.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by TELUS
    5. Use of the service

You will use the service in compliance with law and with service rules adopted by TELUS from time to time, including safe driving and health and safety guidelines. You will use the service for customary voice, messaging and wireless Internet data purposes only. You will not use the service for: multi-media streaming; voice over Internet protocol; or any other application which uses excessive network capacity or may otherwise adversely impact other users, that is not made available to you by TELUS. You will not resell the service to any other person. You will not abuse any flat rate or unlimited use service plan offered by TELUS. You will not use the service to operate an e-mail, web, news or other similar service. You will not use the service to transmit or send any annoying, inappropriate, improper, excessive, threatening or obscene material or to otherwise harass, offend, threaten, embarrass, distress or invade the privacy of any individual or entity. You will not engage in any activity that could compromise the security of or disrupt or interfere with the service or any network or computers on the Internet or disrupt or interfere with the services of any Internet access provider. You will use only authorized equipment on the service. You will not (and will not permit anyone other than a TELUS authorized person to) reproduce, alter, adjust, repair or tamper with any signaling, identification (including the MIN, ESN, MEID, IMEI, IMSI, and other numbers) or transmission function or component of any phone used on the service. The service will use certain network and other facilities. The area in which TELUS provides the service may be enlarged or reduced in scope from time to time in TELUS' sole discretion.

You agree that, to maintain or improve the service, or for other business reasons, TELUS can in its sole discretion, suspend, restrict, modify or terminate all or any part of the service or make changes to the network and other facilities without notice to you.
    The viable option for you is CALLING them and DISCUSS the issue. While telling your side of the story, be polite to listen to TELUS' side of the story too. I am sure you will have a reasonable arrangement.
    Last edited by HC - NO "i"; 08-20-2008 at 01:54 PM.
    --

HC - NO "i"
    I am NOT "the" HC, we are TWO different individuals!

"If we amplify everything, we hear nothing!" - Jon Stewart, Comedian

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    just wondering, what are you averaging per month? how many gigs?
    - 3 Years Signed -
    Data: $30 6GB
    Voice: $30

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    crazy, i am very interested to see if i get a letter. i use my unlimted connect 75 pretty regularily (as do many albertans i helped put on this plan).. if telus pulls this crap i'll easilty just go $30 for 6gb from rogers in a heart beat (or say f*** it and abuse my hacked bell htc touch with free tethering some more).

also i wonder if its location based ... eastern users getting the letters based on more roaming on bells network .. . vs western users in alberta with full telus coverage

has anyone one else seen this letter?, where in the country have you mainly been using the connect card?, and how much data per month??
    Last edited by WolfDV; 08-20-2008 at 03:03 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I'd be interested in your actual usage...

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.50 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.1.11328/546; U; en))

Unless you're doing like 100 gigs a month they should piss off and this is bs.

I'd be mad.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nova scotia ... Telus use Bell Tower ... i think is the same problem ... all bell who use telus tower have receive letter ... me ... i think if you are on telus tower no problem ... i think ;(
    have you receive this letter by email or letter ?

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast