Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Connect 75 Unlimited - Telus trying to force me into $65/1GB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just check on the blog

http://evdo-novascotia.blogspot.com/...3-million.html

45 GB PER MONTH ;p
    is not big ...but i think is too high for telus !

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Fight Back!

Telus is not above the Law, do not allow them to intimidate those of you who have a Unlimited Plan.

Unlimited is Unlimited unless the terms clearly state what constitutes abuse.

In law Telus has no grounds in deactivating your unlimited service. Case in point Verizon tried this and failed.

http://www.oag.state.ny.us/press/200...oct23a_07.html
    Go here to participate in changing Canada's Digital Future! http://de-en.gc.ca/home/

Canada's Net Neutrality Petition http://www.saveournet.ca/

Dissolve the CRTC! http://dissolvethecrtc.ca/

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S Plus 128 Gb, iPad Pro 12.9 128 Gb
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Unlimited should mean unlimited... period. Or else they shouldn't be allowed to advertise it as such. That would be considered FALSE advertising wouldn't it?

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Priv, BlackBerry Classic
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BB Curve 8330: BlackBerry8330/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/126 UP.Browser/5.0.3.3)

Quote Originally Posted by Scotian_Lotion
    Is this from tethering?
    The OP is using an aircard in his laptop, not teathering his phone.

I agree that you should fight this. Be nice though, because the terms of your service are general enough that Telus does have a leg to stand on here.
    Last edited by seaners; 08-20-2008 at 07:44 PM.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8830
    Carrier(s)
    Telus EPP 17.30
    Feedback Score
    They should put a definition on the word "abuse" because I don't think you can sound any more obtuse by saying your network usage is unlimited but if you abuse it will suddenly become limited for you.

Where is the line???

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BB Curve 8330: BlackBerry8330/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/126 UP.Browser/5.0.3.3)

Quote Originally Posted by craeyon
    They should put a definition on the word "abuse" because I don't think you can sound any more obtuse by saying your network usage is unlimited but if you abuse it will suddenly become limited for you.

Where is the line???
    Or just cap it and call it the 5gb plan or whatever the cap is. I hate the word unlimited when it clearly is not.

Device(s)
    BLACKBERRY BOLD
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony2468
    Telus is not above the Law, do not allow them to intimidate those of you who have a Unlimited Plan.

In law Telus has no grounds in deactivating your unlimited service. Case in point Verizon tried this and failed.

Typical Tony trying to get others to fight for what he won't fight for himself.

THey don't say it's unlimited bandwidth. THey could just say it's unlimited meaning you can use it anytime you want.

And US court cases mean nothing in canada.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by shawntdot
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony2468

THey don't say it's unlimited bandwidth. THey could just say it's unlimited meaning you can use it anytime you want.

Well that's not how I interpret the term. But regardless, call if unlimited if you want...but put a clear cap in place. My high speed connection is essentially unlimited but I still have a 60gb soft cap in place. How hard would it be to apply the same principals to a wireless data line? Obviously the cap would be substantially lower then 60 gigs, but at least put clear guidelines in place.
    Last edited by seaners; 08-20-2008 at 07:59 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Not sure what you mean?

Seriously Read the letter the OP posted as well as Telus's advertising for the unlimited data plans.

Since Canadian Law and American Law have its roots from the British Common Laws system, it is not uncommon to reference American Laws and British Laws for Canadian Law.

From Wiki: "When there is little or no existing Canadian decision on a particular legal issue and it becomes necessary to look to a non-Canadian legal authority for reference, decisions of English courts and American courts are often utilized".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Canada

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido Solutions
    Feedback Score
    This thread title is misleding. It makes it sound as if Telus capped your service for using it normally. However, as with EVERY PROVIDER IN THE WORLD, unlimited is unlimited if used properly and within the TOS. Therefore, your service IS unlimited but clearly you've been using it for prohibited purposes (IE: downloading torrents, VOIP, etc) and therefore I have no sympathy nor do I think it's unfair.

I just love how a few people think the word unlimited means they can break the terms of usage.

PS: If you did NOT use it for downloading movies/torrents or prohibited applications, then I apologize and Telus should shut up. Otherwise, they are completely in the right. Best regards.

FIDO $40/4GB BYOD
    PUBLIC $38/4GB BYOD
    WIND $15 AITF unlimited data (10GB full speed)

All my posts are my own opinion only and not necessarily that of any of my employers, past or present.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    iFido and Shawntdot are Fido/Rogers employees, take what they say with a grain of salt as they are bias towards the definition of their "unlimited" plans.

Merriam-Webster Dictionary:

Unlimited

Pronunciation: \-ˈli-mə-təd\
    Function: adjective
    Date: 15th century
    1 : lacking any controls : unrestricted <unlimited access>
    2 : boundless, infinite <unlimited possibilities>
    3 : not bounded by exceptions : undefined <the unlimited and unconditional surrender of the enemy — Sir Winston Churchill>
    — un·lim·it·ed·ly adverb

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/unlimited

Feedback Score
    http://www.telusmobility.com/nb/1X/index.shtml

The TELUS Wireless High Speed network allows for fast and reliable Internet connections. This opens the door for a variety of services such as streaming video and other multimedia applications. Mobile professionals will be able to get broadband-like connections to corporate Intranets, e-mail servers, the Internet, and other online services.
    What I was originally sold, and convinced to sign a 3 year contract for was *unlimited* and *unrestricted*. The rep swore up and down that this was the case, and wouldn't change if I signed a 3 year contract. Had he said it was "only for web browsing and email", and there would be an abitrary cap placed on the capacity I would have went with a wired connection.

And for the record my usage for July was 4GB.

Device(s)
    BLACKBERRY BOLD
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    And Tony2468 is a troll who wants everyone to sue everyone else so he can just sit back and collect on anything the court rewards but he does not want to get involved in any work himself. If you notice in all the forums he posts in there is a common theme to his posts and thats to encourage people to take action while he does nothing but sit and comment on it.

Anyways, no matter what the store rep told you the Telus Terms of Service clearly state that they can bring up the fair use card if they think you are abusing the system. It does not matter if you claim you didn't abuse it or what other people think on the subject, Telus clearly thinks you have abused it so now you need to deal with them on the issue. If it's gotten to the point of a letter you may be at the point of no return. End of 30days they may just turn off your data.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    Feedback Score

Except you can use your 4MB plan anytime you want too, but they don't list that as unlimited. And they advertise the plans as $X for Y MB/GB, but where the MB/GB would be in this case, they put "Unlimited". So clearly you didn't think through this rebuttal, other than the brief US vs. Canada mention.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast