Thread: Net 10 Roaming

Phones
    W375
    LG600
    Feedback Score

Net 10 Roaming

I am a new user to net 10 and am confused about roaming.

I was on the golf course today in Central Ohio, my cell phone usually says "home" if I am in net 10's network.

Well today it did not say home but I had 3 bars of signal strength. I would dial a number but the phone would say "no service" I could actually see a cell phone tower but could not get service.

So I guess my question is does, Net 10 roam when away from ATT cell towers?

Jim

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S Glide
    Samsung Galaxy Appeal
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
    Carrier
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score
    Maybe AT&T doesn't have a roaming agreement for that particular area. If a postpaid AT&T customer gets "Emergency Only" service in that area (aka no roaming agreement there), then Net10 would have no service either.

Phones
    W375
    LG600
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CeluGeek
    Maybe AT&T doesn't have a roaming agreement for that particular area. If a postpaid AT&T customer gets "Emergency Only" service in that area (aka no roaming agreement there), then Net10 would have no service either.
    OK I think I understand, if regular ATT customers have roaming in an area, Net 10 customers will also have roaming.

Where I was at today (golf course) regular ATT customers would not have had service either.

Jim

Phones
    W375
    LG600
    Feedback Score
    Follow up:

I was on a different golf course today and had 3 bars for strength of signal but cell phone did not show "home" as usual. I cannot make calls phone says "service unavailable" all day long I keep tryingbut no luck.

On my drive home still no service although I have bars, I am now in an area that I know I should have service, I am practically home and I turn the phone off and then back on and presto I have bars and the phone says home and I now have service.

I think my LG400 phone does not switch from Home to Roam and no service and back to home like it is supposed to.

Does anyone else have experience with the phone not picking up service unless it is turned off and then back on?

Edited to say: my golf buddy has verizon and his phone worked all day.

Jim

Phone
    LG VX5500 X2 (PPC) - LG800g (TF) - Nokia 6030 (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Page Plus X2 (Verizon) - T-Mo2Go(GR) -
    Feedback Score
    On LG phones I have (not a 400) there is a setting under "Settings> system> select system" which gives you options for "Home only or automatic A and B" My phones are set to automatic A

Phones
    W375
    LG600
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the reply, I checked my LG400 and I do not have that option. (Home only and automatic)

I really think it is a bug in the phone and was hoping someone else had the same problem.

Jim

Phones
    Galaxy S4 Mini
    Galaxy S4 Mini
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Man... I wish I could play golf every day !!

Hundredth Post !! Hundredth Post !! Hundredth Post !! Hundredth Post !!
    Hundredth Post !! Hundredth Post !! Hundredth Post !! Hundredth Post !!

Last edited by micallen; 08-04-2008 at 07:56 PM. Reason: hundredth post, dude !

I've got to get a new sig...

Phone
    Yes
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimest
    Thanks for the reply, I checked my LG400 and I do not have that option. (Home only and automatic)

I really think it is a bug in the phone and was hoping someone else had the same problem.

Jim
    The LG 400 doesn't have this feature because it's a GSM phone. Only CDMA phones have the option to select Automatic A or B, or Home Only.

I agree that it sounds like a bug in the phone. I had a 400 for a few days back when they first came out (around May), and I returned it to K-Mart within 48 hours. It had lousy reception, and would randomly subtract minutes for no reason; I'd never used the web, never sent a text, yet .5 units would disappear from time to time. So back it went.

The fact that your friend's Verizon service worked fine really wouldn't have any bearing on whether your phone worked, since they're on two different networks. Me, I'd either run through the minutes on the 400 and get a different, more reliable handset (Motorola W375, for instance), or get a new phone right away and then call Net10 to transfer your minutes.

Once a phone has proven itself unreliable, chances are it'll do it again just when you most need it.