Thread: What is an RPL file and why do I need one?

Feedback Score

What is an RPL file and why do I need one?

I'm trying to find out what RPL files are and why we need them.

Over on the GSM-forum (where the UST-PRO II box is supported) I can't get anyone to answer--but some sleaze saw me ask this question and PM'd me --"I sell it to you cheap!"

Sell me what? Can't tell me what it is, but you'll sell it to me? Do my posts sound THAT stupid?

All I've found out is that they can come from .ASK files--but that seems to be a Nokia function, not a Samsung one.

Anyone here familiar with this?

Phones
    Moto Droid (original one)
    Moto Droid
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    best I can tell it is some sort of Video format.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...4025607AAaY2gN

Maybe he is trying to sell you a video conversion program.

def!
    "SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS."
    ------------
    Phones of yesteryear I had:
    VX3200 - Verizon (stolen)
    Moto E815 - Verizon - retired and sold on eBay
    Razr V3mm - VZW (Modded the crap out of that one)..gave to daughter and she broke it within a month.
    LG enV - Orange
    SCH-i760 - Sold it to a co-worker
    Omnia i910 (new cooked WinMo 6.5 ROM) -Adrynelns 6.5 ROM
    [b]Moto Droid (FROYO 2.2.1) - Currently

Feedback Score
    Part of the problem is that "RPL" is an abbreviation used in a lot of different applications, but there is one related to programming cell phones and their IMEI codes.

Phone
    Samsung Captivate, Samsung Mythic
    Carrier
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    Read Provider Lock File

Remove Provider Lock File

Read Phone Log file

Most require you to use another program to run and download the LOG File created and send them to get read and it spits out a file to use with UST-Pro II to unlock your phone. At least that's what I've read along the way.
    If you feel that you have to correct some of my posts for my capitalization of some of my words, then just bear with it. It's just a discussion forum where some may be limited by time to answer in well-versed and eloquent sentences.

I already got a PHD (Plain High School Diploma) so ignore my style of writing and I'll ignore your ignorance.

Subject: You can read this-trust me!

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
    Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!

When asked if I see the glass half empty or half full, I responded I see just a glass of water.
    Now you know how I think.

Feedback Score
    OK! That gives me another clue as to what RPL files are all about! Now I'm going to make the leap that the .ASK files are Nokia's version of the log you mentioned.

So....you need to dump the log to get a pgm that interprets it to give you the Remove Provider Lock file.

BTW, when I see a half a glass of water I think:
    1) Yum, I'm no longer thirsty--I drank half of that.
    2) Yum, I'm gonna drink that
    3) Yuck...that's been sitting too long--I'm dumping it out!

An engineer thinks: That glass is twice as large as it needs to be....