http://crackberry.com/blackberry-nia...000-without-3g
    http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/RIM-...ne-p_2894.html

old article, but we need more new info!

"Niagara"
    CDMA2000 1xRTT/1xEV-DO rev.0/1xEV-DO rev.A
    480 x 360 pixels
    3.2 megapixels Resolution
    4.5 x 2.5 x 0.6 inches

Any site I have found has said it is slated for a May 2009 release.
    Last edited by Moderator HF 6; 08-05-2008 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Added official phone model name into the thread title.

***Why so serious?***

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by carpediembp
    didnt see this in a search, so I decided to start it up:
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-nia...000-without-3g
    http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/RIM-...ne-p_2894.html

old article, but we need more new info!

"Niagara"
    CDMA2000 1xRTT/1xEV-DO rev.0/1xEV-DO rev.A
    480 x 360 pixels
    3.2 megapixels Resolution
    4.5 x 2.5 x 0.6 inches

Any site I have found has said it is slated for a May 2009 release.

Isn't the "Niagara" just the codename for the CDMA version of the Bold? Why not call it Bold Pre-release. It not like Blackberry to release the same phone on different carriers with different names, i.e. Curve, Pearl

Device(s)
    LG enV TOUCH
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LordObento
    Isn't the "Niagara" just the codename for the CDMA version of the Bold? Why not call it Bold Pre-release. It not like Blackberry to release the same phone on different carriers with different names, i.e. Curve, Pearl
    It is, but I figured to stick with the codename to make sure everyone knew we were talking specifically about OUR VZW version of the Bold. You know how things can get garbled up.

But yes, this is considered our BlackBerry Bold pre-release thread as the Mods have now added the Bold to its title.

anyhow, moving onward- any other speculation other than this "may 09" release date? it seems awfully late, but maybe this is due to them not wanting to release the Bold and Thunder too closely to eachother.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    it was always known that it would not release until next year.. but it is coming

Device(s)
    Bold 9650
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    May 09 is what VZW said a few months ago. Hopeully they will be on track with that date.

Device(s)
    Google Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I wonder if it will really take that long to get the Bold to Verizon. Word on the street is the GSM Bold delays are hardware related as this is the first Blackberry 3G device to run on GSM. Verizon shouldn't have the same radio and battery issues since Verizon's EVDO chip would probably be relatively the same as one of the other current Blackberry's.

The 8703 took forever to get to market but if I'm not mistaken that was the first EVDO capable Blackberry. The 8830 had a new chip, the dual band EVDO/GSM. Not sure what drove the delays on the Pearl and Curve, but I don't think they were hardware issues; the Pearl and Curve did both come out with OS 4.3.

I'm sure there are a lot of other factors that need to be taken into consideration like resources at RIM and Verizon to build and test the thing, but from a straight technical perspective, I don't know if the supposed current issues with the 3G Bold are going to be a factor for Verizon.

Feedback Score
    InfoSyncWorld seems to think the Bold will come out in January 2009.

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamB
    InfoSyncWorld seems to think the Bold will come out in January 2009.
    whats even better is infosync used to have a date of September 2008 there, I believe nothing of what they say... more just of place holder dates.

Device(s)
    LG enV TOUCH
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by backdown00
    whats even better is infosync used to have a date of September 2008 there, I believe nothing of what they say... more just of place holder dates.
    If I recall, infosync has been dreadfully wrong numerous times. The only thing they have going for them is pretty pictures.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    it will not release before may. it will be slated for a may/june release.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8330
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BigVDawgy
    I wonder if it will really take that long to get the Bold to Verizon. Word on the street is the GSM Bold delays are hardware related as this is the first Blackberry 3G device to run on GSM. Verizon shouldn't have the same radio and battery issues since Verizon's EVDO chip would probably be relatively the same as one of the other current Blackberry's.

The 8703 took forever to get to market but if I'm not mistaken that was the first EVDO capable Blackberry. The 8830 had a new chip, the dual band EVDO/GSM. Not sure what drove the delays on the Pearl and Curve, but I don't think they were hardware issues; the Pearl and Curve did both come out with OS 4.3.

I'm sure there are a lot of other factors that need to be taken into consideration like resources at RIM and Verizon to build and test the thing, but from a straight technical perspective, I don't know if the supposed current issues with the 3G Bold are going to be a factor for Verizon.
    Actually, the Blackberry 7250 was the first EVDO blackberry.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Tour 9630
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Those pictures make Niagara look like a CDMA-variant of the Javelin, not the bold. There are some major design differences between the two.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by macflauaus
    Those pictures make Niagara look like a CDMA-variant of the Javelin, not the bold. There are some major design differences between the two.
    I figured Javelin was the T-mobile version of the Bold.
    Like 9000 Bold GSM/3G
    9020 GSM/Wifi
    9030 CDMA/EVDO

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Tour 9630
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LordObento
    I figured Javelin was the T-mobile version of the Bold.
    Like 9000 Bold GSM/3G
    9020 GSM/Wifi
    9030 CDMA/EVDO
    The Javelin isn't necessarily a T-Mobile version of the Bold. There's bigger differences between them (different keyboard, different design styles) that make me think they aren't necessarily siblings.

Device(s)
    Moto V325
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Any update on Blackberry Bold?

As we'd expect, no VZW in-store reps have any information, but I was hoping there'd be some folks in this forum that might have the scoop on when the Blackberry Bold is going to be released on Verizon?

I've scoured the internet and seen wide variations in the release dates. Are there any Verizon employees in here who would be willing to share some info?

I think this model, not the Thunder, is the Blackberry to get!!!

Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast