Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ... 20 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1052

Thread: The Official BlackBerry Niagara Pre-release Thread

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I do want to see a comment from either Kevin or CX as to why the change in name has not been mentioned from them? I dont doubt their information, but find it convenient that these things get left out. Maybe they dont have as much information, or they could be the planned leakers who get the buzz out..

Feedback Score
    Think we can theme this "new thread" for legitimate information and not speculation or how badly someone wants this phone and how they will be in line on the 1st day? It kinda sucks (for me at least) to rummage through the 28972342 bs posts a day to find 1 tidbit of somewhat reliable info (depending on how you want to take it). Just a thought.

Device(s)
    Bold 9650 (current)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    A mod could just change the title, although it isn't official yet.
    BlackBerry cherry popped on May 6, 2008.

Spelling cheat sheet
    *supposedly
    *definitely
    *you're
    *literally (just don't use it)
    *might as well
    *prima donna
    *wrong place, right time
    *couldn't care less

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9650 Pin: 3220F44F
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lb1878
    Think we can theme this "new thread" for legitimate information and not speculation or how badly someone wants this phone and how they will be in line on the 1st day? It kinda sucks (for me at least) to rummage through the 28972342 bs posts a day to find 1 tidbit of somewhat reliable info (depending on how you want to take it). Just a thought.
    It would have to be heavily moderated to keep all the junk out, I doubt the hofo mods would go for that
    PIN: 3220F44F

Feedback Score
    I figured that and I understand people's excitement. When you are looking at the forums from a BB, its quite cluttered. Personally, I dont always have time to look at it from a computer where i wouldnt mind as much.

I was seeing if something different could be tried and people try to keep it informative with more facts then wants.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xplode
    I do want to see a comment from either Kevin or CX as to why the change in name has not been mentioned from them? I dont doubt their information, but find it convenient that these things get left out. Maybe they dont have as much information, or they could be the planned leakers who get the buzz out..
    Well both Kevin and C_X post very rarely and usually very little (but very valuable information). They cannot post anonymously, as did the tipster for BG. Another thing that caught my eye was that Kevin from CrackBerry, who has plenty of tipsters and connections, seems pretty confident that unless something drastic happens, it will be called the Tour. He even went so far as to rename the 9630 forum over on CrackBerry to the Tour forum, hence giving me the idea to create a new thread over here.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/wh...0/#post2373721

More importantly though, is the fact that this phone will no longer be referred to as the Niagara. We could AT LEAST change the name to the 9630 just so we don't confuse anybody.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I dont say they dont have some information. Theyre great for this stuff. But ultimately it seems the leaks that come out tend to go against what they have said. They say August or very late july, while somone who seems more in the know brought the change in name to our attention, with an "early summer" launch. Which seems more in the June range. August would be closer to "late summer early fall".. so cant help but question.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I dont say they dont have some information. Theyre great for this stuff. But ultimately it seems the leaks that come out tend to go against what they have said. They say August or very late july, while somone who seems more in the know brought the change in name to our attention, with an "early summer" launch. Which seems more in the June range. August would be closer to "late summer early fall".. so cant help but question.
    It is true that we have heard different release dates from multiple sources, but the difference is that both Kevin Byrne and Crucial are PROVEN sources. You cannot automatically believe some "anonymous tipster". We have to be realistic here. I understand that all of us want the device to come out sooner than later, but just because a "source" claims a release date that agrees with you, does not make it right. It is called wishful thinking. There is no doubt in my mind that the 9630 will be released in either very late July, or most likely August.

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by admiller
    What? Another site saying before August? Can't be, they must be wrong!! They must be all wrong!!

Store manager is still saying May...
    Shrug... Kevin and CX have impeccable histories when predicting things. The interwebs... not so much. I'll believe in who's delivered before.

And by the way, as I pointed out previously... those links that you posted previously were all based on ONE report that was literally nothing more than speculation. This one that we're hearing now is the true first "leak" that says early summer - but let's be honest, "early summer" isn't exactly a specific date.

And from my experience, "store managers" don't really know things that much in advance. Despite it being in their system right now, if all store managers were actively being told about when this will be released (because if one is, then they all are), I would expect more info on it.
    Slink
    Find me on...
    Twitter · Steam · Gdgt

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Early summer is extremely broad. Depending on how people view it, it can range over 2 months.

Device(s)
    9xxx
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yeah and one of BG's "ninjas" told him the Niagara would launch with OS 4.6. Then another "ninja" told him something different(4.7.1) and he had to run another story to correct the first mistake. Believe what you would like. August for Verizon.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucial_Xtreme
    Yeah and one of BG's "ninjas" told him the Niagara would launch with OS 4.6. Then another "ninja" told him something different(4.7.1) and he had to run another story to correct the first mistake. Believe what you would like. August for Verizon.
    Could that mean it will be coming to another carrier BEFORE August?

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I have just created a new pre-release thread for the 9630 over here:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1521414
    Last edited by jorGeorge; 04-24-2009 at 12:37 PM.

Device(s)
    enV2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by reuvypoo
    Other than WiFi, you have everything. All of the people who have recieved pre-production versions of the 9630 have stated it does not have WiFi (no argument). However, it has been stated that the keyboard is excellent and the browser is improved. You can get 3rd party browsers which are better though, hopefully we'll have Skyfire (with Flash) by the time the 9630 gets released. I would keep my eye on it as even though WiFi is great, with good EVDO Rev.A coverage, you can get consistent 800kbps-1400kbps DL speeds, which is pretty fast. So I would keep my eye on it anyways.
    Thanks. The problem i have now is that i work in a hospital, and coverage in many areas of the buildings is not great and often non existant, what is great tho is our institution's wifi.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VandyZ
    Thanks. The problem i have now is that i work in a hospital, and coverage in many areas of the buildings is not great and often non existant, what is great tho is our institution's wifi.
    If Wi-Fi is really that important, check out some of the other non-BB smartphones. I don't know much about any of them, but Verizon does carry them.

Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ... 20 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 LastLast