Thread: Airave & Virgin Mobile

Feedback Score

Airave & Virgin Mobile

Ok so my friend went ahead and had an investigation setup with Virgin Mobile. A Tech ended up calling him back, and told him that I would have to either get rid of it, or my friend would just have to go to another location which is the obvious choice. But he is going to bring it up in his Techie Board meeting.

I really have no idea what he means by all this...what will come of that board meeting?

^ Sprint 3G through Opera Mini

Phone
    Sprint iPhone
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    It gets worse.
    If you set the Airave to other than "Open" mode in other words you list specific numbers to allow then ANY other Sprint users within decent range of the Airave will be unable to make or receive ANY calls. I haven't tried 911 but outgoing calls receive an error from the Airave that says:
    "You call can not be completed ... message 12".
    Incoming calls go to voicemail but no "missed call" or voicemail waiting indicator.
    I estimate my Airave has an effective radius of about 200 feet which covers neighbors 3 doors or more in all directions. Hopefully none of them are Sprint users because I would have blocked their ability to make or receive calls from their homes for the past two days.
    I have reset my Airave to "Open" mode until I can find a resolution.
    I opened a separate thread on this issue:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1412967

Phone
    Touch Pro 1 & 2 , 6900 Touch
    Carrier
    Sprint SERO
    Feedback Score
    I've had no problems with other Sprint phones not on my restricted "allow" list. Don't know anyone with Virgin Mobile, so I can't say anything about that.

As I posted in your other thread, your phone is probably getting confused. Try dialing out again after a few minutes, it should work.

Phones
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    Galaxy SIII (Ting)
    Misc T-Mobile Prepaid phones
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    T-Mobile PP
    Feedback Score
    Mine's on "Open" and my Virgin Mobile unit can make calls just fine. Data, however, doesn't work while the Virgin Mobile phone is latched onto the Airave.
    - acadiel

Phone
    Sprint iPhone
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwood
    I've had no problems with other Sprint phones not on my restricted "allow" list. Don't know anyone with Virgin Mobile, so I can't say anything about that.

As I posted in your other thread, your phone is probably getting confused. Try dialing out again after a few minutes, it should work.
    No it definitely does not work even after more than a few minutes. Unless it's phone specific (Palm Treo 755P).
    Edit:
    Not phone specific. I removed my wife's number from the list and she is unable to make or receive calls when within range of the Airave. I power cycled the phone with no difference.
    I need to test specifically with a phone not on my account.

Phone
    Carrier
    Sprint SERO
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by schmidtj
    No it definitely does not work even after more than a few minutes. Unless it's phone specific (Palm Treo 755P).
    Edit:
    Not phone specific. I removed my wife's number from the list and she is unable to make or receive calls when within range of the Airave. I power cycled the phone with no difference.
    I need to test specifically with a phone not on my account.
    Give the Sprint phone you remove from the list some time to reaquire the standard cell towers and try placing a call again.

Phone
    Sprint iPhone
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwood
    Give the Sprint phone you remove from the list some time to reaquire the standard cell towers and try placing a call again.
    Is 24 hours long enough?
    Airave customer service confirms this is a known problem.

I wonder if another user with multiple phones could try removing one of them from their authorized list and seeing if they can duplicate this issue? If they can then it confirms what I am seeing and Customer Service says exists.

It takes about 5 minutes after you add/remove a number for the Airave to receive the update and reconfigure itself.

Carriers
    Tracfone, Net10
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by acadiel
    Mine's on "Open" and my Virgin Mobile unit can make calls just fine. Data, however, doesn't work while the Virgin Mobile phone is latched onto the Airave.
    Strange, my virgin mobile phone still gets the "private network" message. If some of them are working I guess there's hope that Sprint will reconfigure things so VM phones all work.

Feedback Score
    this whole VM sprint thing is making me mad! I have a friend who i offered to stay here cause his old roomate kicked him out. I have 3 kids and a wife, So this is MY house! he is complaining he cant use his phone! He has been on the phone with VM just about every day. Managers are even calling him back now.

SO now they are going to contact sprint about whats going on. VM even told him i might have to get rid of it! Is there anyway they can *make* me get rid of this, cause i will just kick him to the streets before i get ride of my airave! haha . Just curious.

Phone
    Sprint iPhone
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by penny665
    this whole VM sprint thing is making me mad! I have a friend who i offered to stay here cause his old roomate kicked him out. I have 3 kids and a wife, So this is MY house! he is complaining he cant use his phone! He has been on the phone with VM just about every day. Managers are even calling him back now.

SO now they are going to contact sprint about whats going on. VM even told him i might have to get rid of it! Is there anyway they can *make* me get rid of this, cause i will just kick him to the streets before i get ride of my airave! haha . Just curious.
    Curious, are you running your Airwave restricted (specific listed numbers) or Open/unrestricted.?

Just for grins what happens if your VM friend dial *99? Do they receive a message? If yes, what is it? Message 12?

Phone
    Carrier
    Sprint SERO
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by penny665

Give him a choice.

Roof over his head, or his Virgin Phone use.

Carriers
    Tracfone, Net10
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Curious, are you running your Airwave restricted (specific listed numbers) or Open/unrestricted.?

Just for grins what happens if your VM friend dial *99? Do they receive a message? If yes, what is it? Message 12?
    I've tried mine both restricted with the VM number on the list and open. Both ways the VM phone gets the "private network, move out of the area to place a call" message.

If they don't get this fixed I'll end up dropping VM again.
    Last edited by Mosaic55; 08-09-2008 at 02:19 PM.

Feedback Score

totally cannot use his phone...its weird! it gives him a message saying "You are on a Sprint Private Network, Please go out of range to make a call."

Carriers
    Tracfone, Net10
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Someone who sounds very knowledgeable posted on sprint users that VM phones are being blocked because of a billing issue.

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...postcount=1481