T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by deenybird
    did all the steps, and after itunes installed my pwned 2.0.1 it says
    "an iphone has been previously connected with this cimputer"
    set up as new phone?
    restore from backup?

which do i do? thanks
    If you had synced your phone before the upgrade, then just restore from backup since it'll give you all your contacts,music,text, etc back onto the phone.

Feedback Score
    Hmm doesn't sound to stable, anyone know when everything will be smoothened out?

Phones
    iphone 3gs
    iphone 3g
    htc s710
    Carriers
    fido
    Feedback Score

can i still jailbreak?

hey quick question guys, i updated my apple 3g iphone via itunes with the new firmware 2.01....i havent jailbreaken my phone or anything, do you guys know how i would go about doing this if i have the new baseband update?

Feedback Score
    after restoring from backup in itunes, my phone rebooted and I could see my springboard and all looked cool, then itunes noticed the phone and again told me "an iphone was previously connected with this computer. start as new, or restore from backup.

i clicked restore from backup, but it looked like it was going to take another 2 hours so i unplugged. after seeming frozen at boot screen, it rebooted and apps are scattered over several pages.

whats going to happen when i plug back into itunes? why doesn't it notice the backup i copied over earlier?
    thanks

Feedback Score
    Ok so I have tried several times now to make new images and get the phone part of my iphone back. Everytime I get a no service at the top of my screen. Right now I restored the apple rom and I am going though a complete restore. Right now, I have I have an Activation Alert on my screen and a restoring from backup. Please a little help anyone?

Phones
    Bold 9000
    16gig iPhone 3GS Black
    Carrier
    The New AT&T
    Feedback Score
    For itunes what worked for me was when it pops up saying restore from a prevouis backup, you do that. then after it syncs you click new iphone setup or whatever. It saved all my settings and everything from the backup.
    For aerobatic rides and instruction in the Bay Area, Pitts S2c, Marchetti SF260, Citabria, Decathlon etc email me!

CSEL/CMEL/IA
    CFI/CFII/MEI

Phones
    iPhone 3G
    BB 8120
    T-Mobile MDA
    Carriers
    AT&T Orange
    AT&T Blue
    Feedback Score
    I ran a backup before updating to 2.0.1, and after the update, did a restore. All of the cracked apps were restored, but customizations and bossprefs were gone, though the settings for bossprefs and poof remained.

Very smooth updated overall, phone is running much faster and is more stable.

Feedback Score
    For itunes what worked for me was when it pops up saying restore from a prevouis backup, you do that. then after it syncs you click new iphone setup or whatever. It saved all my settings and everything from the backup
    i plugged it back in and it seemed to recognize my phone as normal and started a backup.
    thanks for your advice attmark, i'll keep it in mind should i run into more trouble

Phone
    iPhone 5
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    after finishing my mail app wasn't working, but i found this post which saved me from having to reinstall
    http://sleepers.net/news/2008/07/25/...-app-crashing/

Phones
    iPhone 3G
    Sim Card
    Carriers
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I updated to 2.0.1 with winpwn 2.0.0.4 and now if I try to install any apps they do not appear ok my springboard and everything was erased to factory settings

Phone
    Apple iphone 3G
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Not sure why this is happing but everytime i DFU my 3G iphone after i load the custom file i keep getting "an iphone was previously connected with this computer. start as new, or restore from backup." even after i select an old phone settings, i do not want to lose my phone numbers so should i select an new iphone?

Phone
    Apple iphone 3G
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ATT*Mark
    For itunes what worked for me was when it pops up saying restore from a prevouis backup, you do that. then after it syncs you click new iphone setup or whatever. It saved all my settings and everything from the backup.
    So Did this work and you have your contacts and getting phone signal?

Phones
    iphone
    iphone
    iphone
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    After 6 or 7 complete restores I am ready to pull my hair out. It goes perfectly every time......until I restore the backup of my phone. It freezes after reboot and will not come out of it. Only way out so far is a complete restore again! I keep trying cuz I want my saved texts back and some stuff I have in notes. I have read everything everywhere and although others have had backup problems I have not seen this one and solution for it. Any ideas???

Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    WinPwn worked great on my iPhone 3g. Very easy. Everything works on the phone. Plus customize, Intelliscreen and winterboard work on 2.01 firmware.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast