Thread: Censorship on the Tracfone yahoo group

Carriers
    Tracfone, Net10
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score

Censorship on the Tracfone yahoo group

First, a couple of long time posters were kicked off, apparently for off-topic posting. Now, when some people express their wish for those posters to be reinstated, those posts are deleted.

That's very sad.

Not that Hofo isn't a good place, but some of the features of yahoo, like the code data base were pretty helpful.

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    I participate at the YahooGroups but I prefer the format here. I don't like having to wade through all of Fred's posts to find useful information or to find someone that needs help.

One of the persons that go banned is a big contributor to this forum, Tracnet.

The amount of energy that has been used in recent days to post on the matter shows how little there currently is to communicate about Tracfone.
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.George Carlin

Phones
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Huawei E1831 (webConnect Rocket)
    Carriers
    Sprint SERO Premium
    AT&T DataConnect Pass
    Feedback Score
    Hate to toot my own horn, but (though this place is a great resource for everything else) I think my forum has a bigger list of Trac promo codes, and a more up-to-date one, than even the Yahoo Group does. Just click over to my site and then click the Tracfone Promo Codes link if ou want, or don't. Just trying to help out...the Trac Yahoo group has gone downhill I agree.
    SERO + Android = win. HSPA+ also = win, but it isn't available everywhere :/
    Follow me on Twitter @iansltx
    1000th post on Monday, December 12th, 2005 at 9:40 PM!

Phone
    ZTE, LG
    Carrier
    America Movil, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It's been a while since I've participated there myself. Would the censorship be a violation of some sort of Yahoo policy?
    America Movil/Straight Talk/TracFone customer since 2004.
    verizon customer since 2012.
    T-Mobile customer from 2005-2014.

Carriers
    Tracfone, Net10
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardP
    It's been a while since I've participated there myself. Would the censorship be a violation of some sort of Yahoo policy?
    No, yahoo policies are pretty much hands-off on how the groups are run.
    (short of anything actually illegal)

Carriers
    Tracfone, Net10
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I still have some hope that things will get straightened out in the original group. However, there are a few new Yahoo groups popping up just in case.

They aren't showing up in a search of the yahoo groups list yet. Ask if you need a link.

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iansltx
    Hate to toot my own horn, but (though this place is a great resource for everything else) I think my forum has a bigger list of Trac promo codes, and a more up-to-date one, than even the Yahoo Group does. Just click over to my site and then click the Tracfone Promo Codes link if ou want, or don't. Just trying to help out...the Trac Yahoo group has gone downhill I agree.
    I am a member at Turk's forum, I have seen you post there.

There was some slight discussion on a thread here about Turk's site.
    There is a good list of codes, but at the time of the discussion, I found he had posted 2 new codes for high dollar cards; these same codes had been listed elsewhere (Fatwallet) at least 2 weeks prior to his post.

I will check your forum and see if you do a better job.

Phones
    If I told 'ya.....
    I'd have to terminate your contract...
    And that would mean an Evil ETF!
    Carriers
    I've used them all...
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosaic55
    I still have some hope that things will get straightened out in the original group. However, there are a few new Yahoo groups popping up just in case.

They aren't showing up in a search of the yahoo groups list yet. Ask if you need a link.

Here's one:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Tracfun_Users/
    I guess I don't know the right people, because I can't get away with anything around here... Rest assured, though, I will never maliciously properly quote anybody again!

Feedback Score
    I'm the other user who was banned along Tracnet. I and the owners and moderators of the five groups are trying to have a "summit," if you will, to see where everybody stands. So far we have everyone onboard except for the owner of Tracfone_Users.

We'll see where it all winds up.

bFhd

Phones
    If I told 'ya.....
    I'd have to terminate your contract...
    And that would mean an Evil ETF!
    Carriers
    I've used them all...
    Feedback Score
    Yes, and the "owner" of Tracfone_Users now appears to be a (s)Pawn Of Tracfone itself - perhaps even a relative of Carlos!!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CSI_Nut
    Yes, and the "owner" of Tracfone_Users now appears to be a (s)Pawn Of Tracfone itself - perhaps even a relative of Carlos!!!!
    What leads you to infer that?

BTW, glad to see a familiar face over here!

bFhd