Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Samsung Omnia i910 Pre-Release Thread

Phones
    Moto V325, LG VX5200
    Moto V300, Samsung x495
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hong1dan
    Thanksgiving? On Verizon? Not to doubt you, but there was so much hype on the htc diamond/ touch pro and i770 for a LONG time now and we still haven't any release dates.
    The i770 is close but there are some software issues that Samsung needs to work out first.

The Omnia may reach the market before the i770.

Phones
    Blackberry Tour
    Motorola DROID
    Blackberry Tour
    Carriers
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by woshi
    The i770 is close but there are some software issues that Samsung needs to work out first.

The Omnia may reach the market before the i770.
    wow sounds great! than i guess by thanksgiving is somewhat realistic! cant wait! Omnia or BB Storm??

Phones
    HTC Fuze
    Motorola Q w/ WM 6.1 (backup)
    Samsung A707 (backup)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dZW
    wow sounds great! than i guess by thanksgiving is somewhat realistic! cant wait! Omnia or BB Storm??
    Depends on which OS you prefer.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    what makes you think they are not releasing the omnia?
    No longer a VZW employee, but still a good information source.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    CanAM:
    With all that money you save monthly with your Sprint plan, you should be able to order Hooked On Phonics - remember, the phone number to order this is 1-800-ABCDEFG.

Feedback Score

Looks like Verizon will be getting the Samsung Omnia

Hey guys I have a rebate document for Verizon that shows the Omnia on it.

Phones
    Blackberry Tour
    Motorola DROID
    Blackberry Tour
    Carriers
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    wow! 5 megapixel camera, touchwizesque UI sounds like a winner! now all we need is those spy pics to surface! does anyone know if there is anything in the system about the Omnia? more than whats posted above?

Feedback Score
    The line numbers to the far left look suspect to me. Looks like it goes 20s to 30s then continues with 30s again.

Either way, if this IS real, thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by m_kranzler11

Phones
    HTC Fuze
    Samsung A707 (backup)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MajesticNJ
    The line numbers to the far left look suspect to me. Looks like it goes 20s to 30s then continues with 30s again.

Either way, if this IS real, thanks for the heads up.
    Doesn't to me. Looks like it starts in the 70's, goes to the 80's, and then the 90's.

Phones
    Samsung Omnia
    Motorola i570 (work)
    LG VX9900 (backup)
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Superguy
    Doesn't to me. Looks like it starts in the 70's, goes to the 80's, and then the 90's.
    I concur. Look at line: "Alias - SCH-U740 - Black..." It's line 77 and the last digit matches the end of the first digit.

Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    May Sprint die a nasty death!!!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m_kranzler11
    Out of curiosity, what does the column header above the 10/14/2008s say, and what does the column header above the 11/15/2008s say??? Is this beginning and end dates for the rebate, or date of rebate announcement and date of release for the Omnia??? Under the knowledge that many of the phones listed have already been released, I'm taking it that what I boldfaced is the correct statement. I'm on this or the Xperia X1 like white on rice to continue the migration path from NEXTEL to ANYONE ELSE!!!

It looks pretty legit to me with the only exception being that the codes are the same from top to bottom. For different phones with different rebate amounts, wouldn't you think the codes along the right side of those dates would be different on each item? I don't know how VZW does rebates, so I have to defer to the rest of the room. Is this an instant disqualifier?
    Last edited by ke4qpf; 10-11-2008 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Modified based on corrections made by speadsheet poster
    I left NEXTEL because:
    1) Gary Forsee for single-handedly killing the mighty NEXTEL
    2) Paul Saleh for coughing up the money for Gary's BIG ideas of grandeur from the NEXTEL cash cow
    3) Timmy Donahue for taking his golden parachute and leaving post-merger when we needed him most
    4) Barry West for regressing iDEN backwards 10 years by killing 6:1 and WiDEN development
    5) Dan Hesse for practicing apathy over sympathy, then prolonging the pain

Phones
    HTC Fuze
    Samsung A707 (backup)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by superds
    I concur. Look at line: "Alias - SCH-U740 - Black..." It's line 77 and the last digit matches the end of the first digit.
    You're right. Good catch.

Feedback Score
    Sorry guys about the pics, here are some better pics of the rebates.

Samsung Omnia Highlighted-

Rebate Spreadsheet header for the section that the Omnia is under-

Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the information update. Without this, we were playing guessing games. Any reason why the rebate barcodes appear the same from top to bottom, or is this standard operating procedure for VZW?

I reported your finds, giving you Kudos, to the Big 3... Engadget Mobile, Phone Scoop, and Phone Arena so you can bask in glory.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ke4qpf
    Thanks for the information update. Without this, we were playing guessing games. Any reason why the rebate barcodes appear the same from top to bottom, or is this standard operating procedure for VZW?
    The reason each one has the same rebate barcode is because every Verizon rebate has a barcode on it, and it is simply stating that those phones will be on that rebate, hence the rebate dates on the top of the page.

Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Product positioning

Where do you guys think this could line up so far as product positioning? It's pretty obvious that people are going to try to compare this non-iPhone unit to the iPhone, but I want to know where it will line up alongside the other WinMo units. More specifically the XPERIA X1. It looks like a case of "Widgets" vs. "Panes"... "One Touch Accessibility as you need it" vs. "Multiple Applications running at the same time"... "A Standard definition" vs. "A Higher definition"... and it's looking more and more like "CDMA" vs. "GSM" as the info rolls out. We know from the specs that T-Mo has gone all in for Android with the G1/Dream, the XPERIA X1a/i is GSM and would probably go to at&t, and the Omnia would position better toward VZW or Sprint. Now that this spreadsheet info has been released, how well does the Omnia hold up against this touchscreen competition?

Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 ... LastLast