Thread: Can A Motorola Meteor Bag Phone Still Be Used?

Phone
    Samsung Impact
    Carrier
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score

Can A Motorola Meteor Bag Phone Still Be Used?

hi guys, i was looking for a phone that would work at my camp. i can get service a little ways down the road from the camp..but i need it to work at the camp... so i found a motorola meteor bag phone at a yard sale for cheap. so i bought it...now i'm wondering who does it run on...like provider wise...as you can see i'am totally new to this and would appreciate any help. shawn

Phone
    Motorola Atrix HD Maxx / iPhone 5 (backup)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I think is an AMPS phone, which would mean it cannot be activated anymore.

Phones
    HTC Magic
    HTC Fuze
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, legally no major carrier can activate a phone that doesn't have e911 compatibility. Sorry. Besides, I thought people went camping to get away from their phones.

Phones
    V9x
    Maxx V6 (R26117LD..72AR
    V600 (backup)
    Carrier
    Engulf & DeVour [AT&T Monolithic]
    Feedback Score
    Buy a satellite phone. That way, you won't be tempted to run up humongous bills on the costly per-minute voice/data rates, yet you'll still have emergency communication available.

Excuse my "soapboxing," but I fully agree with "hedcayce": stop and smell the flowers. We could all benefit from being without 24/7 connectivity every now and then.
    The Motorola hacker's mantra: "Live by the SEEM, die by the SEEM."

Phone
    Samsung Impact
    Carrier
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    thxs for all replies, you guys are right...took it to bell and they said they cant activate it.....they had me looking at anew m800 bag phone for $500 i alsmot fell over.... im trying to just have one for backup like if i where to cut myself badly or soemthing so i could call someone that cares..lol... so i would figure pre-paid is the way i want to.... anyhow anyone know a cheap phone?, thxs, shawn