Thread: Education background check.

Feedback Score

Education background check.

I recently was given an offer pending a background check. On my app I put my anticipated college graduation date as 08-08, my last class was an online class that I which I turned in an assignment formatted the wrong way and I failed the class. Now I won't graduate until 12-2008, will this ruin my background check?

Phones
    LG Voyager (on its way)
    LG enV (soon-to-be retired)
    Motorola Razr v3c (retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It will show up that you didn't graduate. It probably will cause a problem because not having a degree when you said you do is kind of a big deal.

Feedback Score
    There are often delays of all kinds that can happen, so if it does come up in some way it's not something that can't be explained in a perfectly understandable way (unless the position truly requires having a degree, or that particular degree in some way, in which case it can be a little bit trickier).

Phones
    LG Voyager (on its way)
    LG enV (soon-to-be retired)
    Motorola Razr v3c (retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I misread your post, actually. Since you only put an expected graduation date, I'm sure that they will be understanding about a delay so long as, like the previous poster said, the position does not require a degree.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Syckx
    I misread your post, actually. Since you only put an expected graduation date, I'm sure that they will be understanding about a delay so long as, like the previous poster said, the position does not require a degree.
    It's as a CSR and I rechecked my application and the question where they ask you "Did you graduate" I said No and that my expected graduation date was 08/08, hopefully everything works out.

Thanks to everyone who replied I feel a lot better now.

Edit-My job is in Northern Texas and my offer is a lot IMO for retail. Is this how Verizon pays all of their employees or is this just indicative to my area?

Phone
    HTC Touch Pro
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by d-dub-82
    I turned in an assignment formatted the wrong way and I failed the class.
    Seriously?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by d-dub-82
    It's as a CSR and I rechecked my application and the question where they ask you "Did you graduate" I said No and that my expected graduation date was 08/08, hopefully everything works out.
    That won't be a problem. It asked you when you expected to graduate, and you said when you thought you would. No lie (accidental or otherwise) no problem.

Phones
    iPhone 3GS 16G
    Env2
    Blackberry Pearl
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestDrummer
    Seriously?
    I almost had the same thing happen. Some teachers are just mean

Phones
    Motorola Droid
    HTC Touch Pro II
    Blackberry 8330
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Metro PCS(former), Cingular (former)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by radiofreejenn
    I almost had the same thing happen. Some teachers are just mean
    http://ratemyprofessors.com/ Is your best friend to avoid situations like that.