Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: HTC Touch Pro

Device(s)
    Sidekick 3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

HTC Touch Pro

What provider is it for? Is it for T-Mobile? What's the difference between HTC Touch Pro and HTC Diamond? How much are they?

Device(s)
    Nokia N900 (I Like)
    Carrier(s)
    Deutche Telekom (USA version)
    Feedback Score
    No providers, HTC is a cellphone manufacturer, they do not provide cellphone service. More than likely, when the Touch Pro and Diamond come to the United States, they will be stripped of their glory. No Front Facing 3G Video Conferencing camera and also probably won't be called "HTC" anything.

Weird names aside, you will be able to most likely find it for Sprint, Att, and hopefully T-Mobile.

T-Mobile will have the HTC Touch Pro (or whatever name they give it), Att will have the touch pro as well, and Sprint will have the Diamond (or whatever name they give it)
    "Hack the Planet!!"

Device(s)
    Sidekick 3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NeophyteDMD
    No providers, HTC is a cellphone manufacturer, they do not provide cellphone service. More than likely, when the Touch Pro and Diamond come to the United States, they will be stripped of their glory. No Front Facing 3G Video Conferencing camera and also probably won't be called "HTC" anything.

Weird names aside, you will be able to most likely find it for Sprint, Att, and hopefully T-Mobile.

T-Mobile will have the HTC Touch Pro (or whatever name they give it), Att will have the touch pro as well, and Sprint will have the Diamond (or whatever name they give it)
    So the HTC Touch Pro is not in the U.S. yet? Do you have any idea what the price will be like?

Device(s)
    N97
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoLaYzee
    What provider is it for? Is it for T-Mobile? What's the difference between HTC Touch Pro and HTC Diamond? How much are they?
    1. They are both unlocked phones, you are able to use it for either t-mobile OR AT&T, however there is no 3G support.

2. From my understanding the Touch and Diamond are identical; EXCEPT the Touch has a full qwerty key pad, while the Diamond does not (correct me if im wrong)

3. I've seen the Diamond for about $680.00, and the Touch goes for around $970.
    "Lifes a ×××××, but god forbid the ××××× divorce me"

Device(s)
    Samsung Reality
    Carrier(s)
    Verzion
    Feedback Score
    But in the states the binding contracts should reduce the price down to around 500 ish which si sort of reasonable. Pro has micro sd slot diamond doesn't. Verizon is most likely getting this October i believe. but like first reply it will suck

Device(s)
    Sidekick 3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    There's no 3G? Well on this site it says there is. http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_touch_pro-2413.php.

And if I decide to get the phone with T-Mobile I have to pay monthly for the internet right? I hope they drop price down a bit with contract.

Device(s)
    N97
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    There's no 3G? Well on this site it says there is. http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_touch_pro-2413.php.

And if I decide to get the phone with T-Mobile I have to pay monthly for the internet right? I hope they drop price down a bit with contract.
    thats for AT&T 3G, t-mobile uses different bands. Therefore, if you get this phone for t-mobile you will only have EDGE capabilities. I'm not sure how to differentiate the EU model to the NA model.

Device(s)
    VX9800
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I posted this in the PDA section...

Diamond has 4Gig internal storage (no sd card slot), also it is touch only no physical keyboard, and no flash for the camera...

Pro has SDHC slot under the back cover, also faster Processor and bit more ram/rom,
    biggest difference is the slide out qwerty, oh yeah and the Pro has a LED Flash for the camera.

They will both be released to Sprint and Verizon this year(the typical stripped USA version, like the xv's).

Carrier(s)
    Cricket/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    t-mobile has named it the mda vario iv

i think this is the european model only. not sure if its coming to america and what it will be called *praying it comes to the us*
    Step Your Game Up!

Device(s)
    Treo 700wx
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    The Touch Diamond and Touch Pro *ARE* coming to the USA. They are coming to Sprint first. The Touch Diamond is going to be realeased within the next two weeks (roughly, maybe sooner). The Touch Pro is rumored to be released about a month after the Diamond.

After Sprint gets it, then Verizon seems to be next about a month after Spring (again rumor, but Verizon *IS* getting the phone, that part is not rumor).

Also, AT&T will be getting both phones. I haven't read anything on time-frame though.

To clarify: The phones coming to Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T is not rumor... only the time frame is speculation with the Sprint time frame being the most talked about and "leaked". Sprint has even said that the Diamond will come out in September so that much has been confirmed.

To find out more I suggest you read ppcgeeks.com sprintusers.com and dig around more here on howard forums. (Also, the phonearena.com is a cool place to check out specs and pictures).

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3GS (32gb)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T / Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Everything I've been reading equates to this:

-There has been sightings of an HTC device on AT&T's road map named the "Fuze". Most people say this is going to be the Touch Pro replacing the Kaiser/Tilt as AT&T's premiere device. No word on an exact release date, but low whispers amongst a lot of online talk points to mid-late September or October.

-Sprint and Verizon will both be getting versions of the HTC Touch Diamond and Touch Pro. Verizon's is named the "Victor" and "Herman". Sprints are the "Diamond" and "Raphael". Sprints HTC phones are said to be due out September 14th and sometime in October. No dates given on Verizon's releases.

Device(s)
    Sidekick 3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    But I've already seen a HTC Diamond in store already. Does that mean it was imported? Hopefully there's a HTC Touch Pro too.

Device(s)
    Nokia N900 (I Like)
    Carrier(s)
    Deutche Telekom (USA version)
    Feedback Score
    But I've already seen a HTC Diamond in store already. Does that mean it was imported? Hopefully there's a HTC Touch Pro too.
    If this "store" you are talking about is a store that sells unlocked phones, then yes, you would see the HTC Diamond "in store". However, you WILL NOT see an ATT owned and operated or any other cellphone service provider offering these phones yet in store.

Feedback Score
    Differences:

1. Diamond doesnt have memory card slot, pro has it
    2. diamond doesnt have tv out, pro has
    3. diamond doesnt have camera flash light, pro has
    4. diamond doesnt have physical keyboard, pro has
    5. diamond has alil less ram than pro
    6. diamond's internal memory is 4gb, pro's internal memory is 512mb (but as pro has memory card slot... u can buy microsd card upto 16gb)
    7. diamond is less thicker than pro
    8. diamond has 50g less weight than pro!
    9. diamonds battery life is worse than pro (900 mAh & 1340 mAh)
    10. diamond is expensive, pro is extremely expensive

hope this will help.

Device(s)
    Sidekick 3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Lol thank you.

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast