Thread: HTC Touch Pro

Device(s)
    Nokia N900 (I Like)
    Carrier(s)
    Deutche Telekom (USA version)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyguerrilla
    t-mobile has named it the mda vario iv

i think this is the european model only. not sure if its coming to america and what it will be called *praying it comes to the us*
    Let me add to that "...in tmobile 3G form"

HTC makes a version for India that is just Edge.
    "Hack the Planet!!"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    LOL its so true. The Pro is still new...hopefully it'll drop down to $700 before X-mas.

Quote Originally Posted by gnr
    Differences:

10. diamond is expensive, pro is extremely expensive

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    They are both expensive but once they hit the states and start being subsidized, the "retail price" for us may drop to say $600 rather than paying $970 for the UK pro
    Contributing Editor at pocketnow.com

Geoff.tv

www.twitter.com/ultimo119
    The Simulcast

Device(s)
    Treo 700wx
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Some of these things are not true for the CDMA version of the Diamond vs the Touch Pro:

Differences:

2. diamond doesnt have tv out, pro has
    Rumor: The Diamond may have this functionality if a software hack is able to activate it.

4. diamond doesnt have physical keyboard, pro has
    True, I've read where someone said that the keyboard connection is fragile so don't drop it or hit it against anything. (Yeah that goes double for you Naomi Campbell & Russell Crowe!!)

5. diamond has alil less ram than pro
    The RAM is the same. The Pro has more ROM area according to PhoneArena.

6. diamond's internal memory is 4gb, pro's internal memory is 512mb (but as pro has memory card slot... u can buy microsd card upto 16gb)
    The Diamond has 256MB ROM and 4GB Flash. The Pro has 512MB ROM.

7. diamond is less thicker than pro
    With CDMA the difference is not much because the CDMA version of the Diamond actually has the 1340 mAh battery.

9. diamonds battery life is worse than pro (900 mAh & 1340 mAh)
    Not true for the CDMA version, they both have the 1340 mAh.

10. diamond is expensive, pro is extremely expensive
    There is roughly a $70 or $80 difference between them after rebates when they come out for Sprint according to leaked price sheets. Of course this info could change all the way up to the last minute.
    Sprint's Touch Diamond:
    http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/HTC-...e-pa_2847.html

Sprint's Touch Pro:
    http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/HTC-...e-pa_2846.html

Device(s)
    Nokia 6265i
    Carrier(s)
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    Differences:

1. Diamond doesnt have memory card slot, pro has it
    2. diamond doesnt have tv out, pro has
    6. diamond's internal memory is 4gb, pro's internal memory is 512mb (but as pro has memory card slot... u can buy microsd card upto 16gb)
    9. diamonds battery life is worse than pro (900 mAh & 1340 mAh)
    This isnt completely accurate, at least if you follow the web at all.

HTC has the ability to configure the diamond to the company that is taking it. That also includes the Memory configs and the Batteries. There really is no way to completely 100% know until the carriers release their own individual information.

Here are some shots from PhoneArena that should help clear some things up:

Feedback Score
    rawdikrik, i dont know about mobile operator's own branded diamond or pro. i m talking about HTC's diamond and pro.

quarky42, again i dont know about mobile operator's own branded diamond or pro, cdma and gsm should be same in HTC's own branded diamond or pro. anyway, as far as i know, HTC touch diamond has 192 MB RAM and HTC touch pro has 288 MB RAM (in which 64MB dedicated for graphics).... diamond has 256 MB ROM, pro has 512 MB ROM.

if u say about the mobile operator's own branded mobiles... (althought, i dont have sprint or varizon here) there are alot of difference in hardware and in body.

Device(s)
    Treo 700wx
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    rawdikrik, i dont know about mobile operator's own branded diamond or pro. i m talking about HTC's diamond and pro.

quarky42, again i dont know about mobile operator's own branded diamond or pro, cdma and gsm should be same in HTC's own branded diamond or pro. anyway, as far as i know, HTC touch diamond has 192 MB RAM and HTC touch pro has 288 MB RAM (in which 64MB dedicated for graphics).... diamond has 256 MB ROM, pro has 512 MB ROM.

if u say about the mobile operator's own branded mobiles... (althought, i dont have sprint or varizon here) there are alot of difference in hardware and in body.

Yeah I was speaking of phones in the USA... often times phones get changed somewhat when they go from GSM to CDMA USA/NAM flavor.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6265i
    Carrier(s)
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by quarky42
    Yeah I was speaking of phones in the USA... often times phones get changed somewhat when they go from GSM to CDMA USA/NAM flavor.
    Same for me... I know alot of people come here looking for information. Just trying to get as much out there for everyone to see!

Device(s)
    Sidekick 3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I just went to the store and they said the Diamond is around $400 and the Touch Pro is around $700. I'm planning on getting it around October. Is it overpriced? Should I get it?

Device(s)
    Nokia N900 (I Like)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Where did you go for those prices?

Was this the official tmobile store or other service provider? That also brings the question of whether or not the phone you buy will support American 3G. I am waiting for tmobile to get the pro so that it will work on TMobiles 3G network.

Device(s)
    Motorola V635
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    SoLaYzee .... what store did you go to? and was that CDMA or GSM versions of the phones?

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I highly doubt Tmobile is going to get the HTC Diamond OR the Touch Pro. They will get something similiar to Touch Pro which will be the next Tmobile MDA called Mario. Even that isn't going to come out anytime soon. They are focusing on the Android phone and rolling out 3G.
    eBay (203-0-0) & Heatware (70-0-0) under IQJUMPuw.

Device(s)
    Sidekick 3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well I live in NY and I usually buy my phones at this Asian store in Flushing. I think they usually import their phones or something since they always have phones that I've never seen in an official T-Mobile Store. Whats the diffference between GSM and CDMA? Sry I'm kinda new to phones and stuff.

Device(s)
    Sidekick 3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    bumpbumpbump^

Device(s)
    Nokia N900 (I Like)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IQJUMPuw
    I highly doubt Tmobile is going to get the HTC Diamond OR the Touch Pro. They will get something similiar to Touch Pro which will be the next Tmobile MDA called Mario. Even that isn't going to come out anytime soon. They are focusing on the Android phone and rolling out 3G.
    Wanna put money on it?

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast