Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: HTC Touch Pro

Device(s)
    T-Mobile Shadow
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IQJUMPuw
    I highly doubt Tmobile is going to get the HTC Diamond OR the Touch Pro. They will get something similiar to Touch Pro which will be the next Tmobile MDA called Mario. Even that isn't going to come out anytime soon. They are focusing on the Android phone and rolling out 3G.
    While part of me hopes you're wrong, the latest BlueTooth find might be evidence you're right

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/0...can-exclusive/

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoLaYzee
    Well I live in NY and I usually buy my phones at this Asian store in Flushing. I think they usually import their phones or something since they always have phones that I've never seen in an official T-Mobile Store. Whats the diffference between GSM and CDMA? Sry I'm kinda new to phones and stuff.
    GSM and CDMA are different communication standards.

A simple way of looking at it is that the major cell carriers in the US primarily use CDMA, while GSM is popular just about everywhere else.

As far as here in the states, Verizon and Sprint run CDMA networks, while AT&T runs a GSM network (which is why the iPhone is able to get service globally). Nextel still has an antiquated iDEN network.

Basically, if you get a CDMA phone, it will work on any CDMA carrier (a sprint phone will work on Verizon or Alltel if you wish, my Helio Ocean will work on Verizon if I like as another example), and GSM phones go cross-carrier as well, however you can't use a CDMA phone on a GSM carrier and vice versa.

Hit up wikipedia next time for something like this, you'll usually be able to find what you're looking for there.

I'd suggest, if you're looking to get one of these phones... wait till they're released under a US carrier and pick it up under the new contract deal, it will make the phone actually affordable. (PS: Touch Pro FTW! I can't wait... dropping Helio like a bad habit!)

Carrier(s)
    Cricket/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    its really sad that tmo isnt getting the touch pro but sprint is. seriously, sprint/nextel has to be the worst provider out of the major providers.

tmo has to do a better job at securing phones in the likes of the touch pro
    Step Your Game Up!

Device(s)
    Tmobile - G1
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JayFReaZy
    1. They are both unlocked phones, you are able to use it for either t-mobile OR AT&T, however there is no 3G support.

2. From my understanding the Touch and Diamond are identical; EXCEPT the Touch has a full qwerty key pad, while the Diamond does not (correct me if im wrong)

3. I've seen the Diamond for about $680.00, and the Touch goes for around $970.
    your wrong it has 3g .. bet u money

Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    There is a Touch Pro NAM 3G. Bestbuy will be selling it. I am waiting for the Touch Pro HD! 4" screen galore!

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by just_visiting
    There is a Touch Pro NAM 3G. Bestbuy will be selling it. I am waiting for the Touch Pro HD! 4" screen galore!
    A slide out keyboard one? Or do you mean the diamond
    Contributing Editor at pocketnow.com

Geoff.tv

www.twitter.com/ultimo119
    The Simulcast

Device(s)
    Nokia N900 (I Like)
    Carrier(s)
    Deutche Telekom (USA version)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimo119
    A slide out keyboard one? Or do you mean the diamond
    No, he means this phone:

http://gizmodo.com/5047830/htc-touch...-and-beautiful
    "Hack the Planet!!"

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    The first thing he said was a touch pro NAM 3g for best buy

Device(s)
    Nokia N900 (I Like)
    Carrier(s)
    Deutche Telekom (USA version)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimo119
    The first thing he said was a touch pro NAM 3g for best buy
    I see what you mean. I don't think the Pro will be coming to Best Buy unless ATT or Tmo gets it, but who knows.

Device(s)
    Dopod C730
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers At&t
    Feedback Score
    anyone know if its out in Hong Kong yet? or when it will be out there?

Device(s)
    Sidekick 3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Does AIM and MSN work on it? I would have to download it myself right? If they work would I be able to mute sounds and make it vibrate when I get a message?

Device(s)
    HTC Fuze
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I will be picking up a Touch Pro on Monday to use on T-Mobile's network in NYC. I was under the impression that since NYC has HSDPA that this phone would be 3G capable (at least in NYC and Vegas). Are people assuming they are going to strip out the 3G functionality from the phone? I am purchasing an unlocked phone that is being setup with a 1-year T-Mobile contract (so I get about $100 off the phone price).

Article regarding HSDPA for T-Mobile in NYC:
    http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/T...s-Leaked-97113

Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    A bit late but anyways, I originally is talking about the HTC Diamond 3G @bestbuy.

The Touch Pro as of right now does not have NAM 3G. 3G only works in Europe and Asia.

Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagnon
    I will be picking up a Touch Pro on Monday to use on T-Mobile's network in NYC. I was under the impression that since NYC has HSDPA that this phone would be 3G capable (at least in NYC and Vegas). Are people assuming they are going to strip out the 3G functionality from the phone? I am purchasing an unlocked phone that is being setup with a 1-year T-Mobile contract (so I get about $100 off the phone price).

Article regarding HSDPA for T-Mobile in NYC:
    http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/T...s-Leaked-97113

The Touch Pro has no 3G in North America period. You'll be on Edge.

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NeophyteDMD
    I see what you mean. I don't think the Pro will be coming to Best Buy unless ATT or Tmo gets it, but who knows.
    AT&T may be getting it october 23rd

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast