Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Thread: HTC Touch Pro

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Saunders241
    I know this is sorta a dead thread (even though it's sticky) but here's hoping for some help....

I got a TP1 a few months ago (used secondhand, so returning it isn't an option) and just got around to really using it. Here's where the problems begin. I noticed before I set it up on my service that it was running rather slow, so I flashed it back to stock sprint rom (including radio and such) before putting a custom rom on it and putting in my PST settings and such. Even on a fresh rom install, the thing still runs horribly. I know the battery is notorious for being really weak, but the thing dies after 7 hours (from 100% charge), even with no calls or use at all. I'm running a fairly barebones ROM, no fancy themes or anything, and half the time it's so slow that I can't use it. Most of the time, opening a text can take up to 2 minutes, randomly locks up for like 3 or 4 minutes using IE (to the point where literally all I can do is turn the screen off or reset it), contacts list won't load, and if it does it takes 2 minutes for 5 contacts, stuff like that. I've searched around to no luck (might have missed something, I'll admit). Is there something I've seriously overlooked, or is this just a case of getting a bad phone?
    Not sure what's causing your lag or random lock-ups, but the rapid battery drain could be due to email usage. If you have your device set to "receive emails as they arrive", particularly with multiple accounts.
    Mikey: Look, we're gonna spend half the night driving around the Hills looking for this one party and you're going to say it sucks and we're all gonna leave and then we're gonna go look for this other party. But all the parties and all the bars, they all suck. I spend half the night talking to some girl who's looking around the room to see if there's somebody else who's more important she should be talking to. And it's like I'm supposed to be all happy 'cause she's wearing a backpack, you know? And half of them are just nasty skanks who wouldn't be nothing except they're surrounded by a bunch of drunken horny ×××××××s. And I'm gonna tell you something T. Are you listening?
    Trent: Yeah, I'm listening.
    Mikey: I'm not gonna be one of those ×××××××s. Alright? It just makes me sick. It's like, some nasty skank who isn't half the woman my girlfriend is, is gonna front me? It makes me want to ××××in' puke!

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8330
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    There's not an email account set up on it. It's flashed to Cricket, none of the extra hacks or anything, just voice, sms, and mms/wap.

EDIT: The phone has also (in the past few hours, reset didn't help) started to randomly unlock itself, mainly anytime the keyboard gets slid out....I'm seriously starting to wonder if I got a dud phone
    Last edited by Saunders241; 04-23-2010 at 10:30 AM.

Feedback Score

I have the exact same issue!

I am going through the exact same problems you just described. I had purchased a HTC touch pro "Sprint" and I didnt really check it out to much when I purchased it. The actual keyboard up front is not working at all now, when I got it the middle button mostly worked and that was it on the main keyboard. I see you didnt mention this as a problem. And I thought that the keyboard not working was causing it to go this slow. But now Im thinking different, since you mentioned the same issues and no other problems with your keyboard etc.. Hmmm man I wish I could figure this out. I found a site that sales the keypad for 48 dollars. So still might be worth the effort, not sure though. Hopefully someone has concord this problem... Please.. Thanks

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I am trying to activate a Sprint Touch Pro with Boost. They gave me a number, which I believe is called a "Master Subsidy Lock," but my phone is giving me the error, "Check unlock code failed" when I go to "Edit" after entering it.

Feedback Score
    htc should make it user friendly in terms of technical support, i got this phone from Europe and unable to use in India coz of its Swedish language..

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Saunders241 View Post
    I know this is sorta a dead thread (even though it's sticky) but here's hoping for some help....

I got a TP1 a few months ago (used secondhand, so returning it isn't an option) and just got around to really using it. Here's where the problems begin. I noticed before I set it up on my service that it was running rather slow, so I flashed it back to stock sprint rom (including radio and such) before putting a custom rom on it and putting in my PST settings and such. Even on a fresh rom install, the thing still runs horribly. I know the battery is notorious for being really weak, but the thing dies after 7 hours (from 100% charge), even with no calls or use at all. I'm running a fairly barebones ROM, no fancy themes or anything, and half the time it's so slow that I can't use it. Most of the time, opening a text can take up to 2 minutes, randomly locks up for like 3 or 4 minutes using IE (to the point where literally all I can do is turn the screen off or reset it), contacts list won't load, and if it does it takes 2 minutes for 5 contacts, stuff like that. I've searched around to no luck (might have missed something, I'll admit). Is there something I've seriously overlooked, or is this just a case of getting a bad phone?
    Same thing just happened to me. I got a text from a buddy and it took forever to load, and ever since most things take a long time to load and my battery life has gone from 6-8 hours with heavy usage to 4-6 hours in standby in airplane mode. I thought it was my windows, although I don't really have alot of apps, maybe 10, so I reset my phone. That didn't help, so I unlocked it and flashed to MightyRom. That didn't help either.

I've had the phone for almost 2 years, so out of warranty and not due for an upgrade, so I'm sunk I guess.

Feedback Score

My tweaks to make my touch pro[fuze] work the best

Okay this is how i have configured my touch pro and its the best combination i can find.
    Goals: speed (lag=fail in my opinion)
    eye candy (has to look half decent for friends)
    ease of use (when i want to use my phone i don't want a math problem)
    has to work (screens half gone or keyboard functions that don't work=fail)

What you need:
    Energy rom sense 2.1/21xxx series
    Vibro
    NaviComputer
    Anuvadak
    IMulator
    AudioRoute
    Skype for windows mobile
    Screen Off
    Why:
    Energy ROM for fuze simply the best- but why sense 2.1 and 21xxx series? this is because although sense 2.1 dose have all the features of 2.5 its much snappier and no lag, but keyboard layout is better, and the 21xxx series because the big soft keys cause so many graphical glitches for me.
    Vibro lets you tell your phone how to vibrate for each event (you make pattens)
    NaviComputer is an offline gps solution no 3g, no data no problem
    Anuvadak is a slick app that uses Google translate to translate on the fly[with voice]!
    IMulator is a slick music player for you phone mimics ipod interface
    AudioRoute is key in using skype on the fuze makes sure the audio is outputed to your head phones and no speaker phone
    skype mobile i snatched this literally a few days before they stopped development. (dose need audio route to work properly but still real nice)
    Screen Off lets you turn you screen off (saving huge battery life) while keeping wi-fi on
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    So whats it look like:

Explanation for why its like that:

1.The top and bottom windows bar changed to slick black ones
    This is your you change it:
    start-->settings-->today-->Energyrom transp softkey--->OK[top right]
    2.The tabs, i find this combination = best performance and least glitches
    Go to settings on the bar(the wheel thing) and click customize tabs un-click all besides for the one i have click[you can have weather but wasnt accurate for me] and have them in the order i have them in.
    3. Program tab next to the right this is so a quickslide to the left can give you all your porgams
    I use 20 programs with 4 collums as it works both in portrait and landscape mode nicely and dosnt caused lag(too many will even if its empty)
    to change this go to
    start-->tools-->program tab[it looks like a folder almost]
    4. Program tab icons
    i have them in this order for how often i use them the only key here is the top right corner as messaging this is so i can read texts with out sliding the keyboad out and clicking text message button the the keyboard
    also i have all the geeky and apps i only use sometimes at the very bottom
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    After installing and arranging everything time to change the settings!

First open total commander in the start menu and go to the root or top of your device and click on windows
    than scroll down to startup click and then delete Audio Route from this folder[stops audio route from starting up when u turn your phone on can be annoying]

next is to configure Vibro
    click on video CFG and click phone and change the vibration pattern so when you get a call on vibrate your phone vibrates in a pattern and not like a a toy your ex-girlfriend has lol

if you want to clean up you start page like i did use total commander
    go to the root of the phone and click on the windows folder
    windows-->start menu--> than highlight what you dont want and move it into the tools folder

Explore the settings folders on the phone to change ring tone shortcuts and camera settings and notification settings for your liking!

I have developed NONE not even an icon of software all the credit deserves to go to each party for their work, just here to help you enjoy their work

If anyone has anything they do that they like more feel free to share

Update
    guys i highly suggest the Energy.RAPHAEL.21914.Sense2.5.Cookie.Aug.18.7z
    it way better and is perfect you can download HERE
    Last edited by jorg1; 08-25-2010 at 09:14 PM.
    Student Plan 25
    Ret. value pack
    5pm early calling
    SAF
    Total= $29.61 with tax
    Have i Helped You? Donate 250MB without spending a penny, and get 2.25GB for yourself.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    ^^ awesome

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Halapino View Post
    Same thing just happened to me. I got a text from a buddy and it took forever to load, and ever since most things take a long time to load and my battery life has gone from 6-8 hours with heavy usage to 4-6 hours in standby in airplane mode. I thought it was my windows, although I don't really have alot of apps, maybe 10, so I reset my phone. That didn't help, so I unlocked it and flashed to MightyRom. That didn't help either.

I've had the phone for almost 2 years, so out of warranty and not due for an upgrade, so I'm sunk I guess.
    Today my phone decided to start working again, quick response times and long battery life. It gimped itself out of the blue, and fixed itself overnight on the charger.

Feedback Score
    For any one with a at&t touch pro i highly suggest flashing |Aug 18|RAPH| .¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-|Energy| 21914|23678 - 2.1/2.5/CHT/GTX/MaxSense & NO BUGS
    the Cookie home tab sense 2.5 is very fast and is perfect IMO (i dont think htc could of made it this good)

the Energy.RAPHAEL.21914.Sense2.5.Cookie.Aug.18.7z

Feedback Score
    i have not used HTC yet but i could consider having one . LOL.....

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21