Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: TM506....no tethering...

Device(s)
    Pharos Traveler 137
    Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    so glad to hear that you can tether with this. sucks that i have to wait till friday.

Device(s)
    SE K790a + MBW100
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    All the internal documents that I read T-Mobile stated that the phone can not be used as a modem. I am happy to report as have others that the phone can be used as a modem! In fact its what I'm using for a modem as I type this. The only thing I had to change was in the properties of the connection in the SE PC Suite. It had the internet2 address in, I just changed it wap.voicestream.com and it worked.

Phone history: At this point I have had far too many phones to list, its exceeded 500 characters

Device(s)
    T-Mobile G1
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    i've never tethered before...
    i feel weird just saying the word...
    but can i tether with t-zones?
    and if so will it be with 3g speeds?
    thanks!

Device(s)
    iphone 3G, Nokia Arte, BB 8900
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Anyone know how to tether with a macbook over bt or cable?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeJay3800
    T-Mobile doesn't charge for GPS on any of their phones (as long as you have a data plan). AT&T and Verizon do.
    Thank you for the input. However, if one looks at the telenav site, it states that even for T-Mobile, it does cost $10/month to serve up maps.

http://www.telenav.com/products/tn/pricing.html

So, while the GPS within the phone does not cost anything, using it for navigation with the telenav software seems like an extra cost. This could be incorrect.

Or, maybe the GPS is being utilized for navigation with some other software (i.e. google maps).

So, what are people's experience on this point? Thanks in advance for any input.

Device(s)
    T-Mobile G1 - rooted, running Complete Eclair
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Telenav provides things like turn-by-turn directions and finding landmarks. Those features you pay $10/month for, but the basic built-in GPS functions are free.

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Does Google Maps use the built-in GPS receiver for location service?
    Phone History: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 | HTC Sensation 4G | Google Nexus One | HTC HD2 | Nokia 5230 Nuron | Nokia N900 | BB Curve 8900 | iPhone 3G | Google Ion | Nokia 5800XM | Nokia E71-2 | T-Mobile G1 | iPhone 2G

My Feedbacks: eBay | Heatware | HoFo

Device(s)
    Nokia N85, 6301, 5310, 5610, 6263; SE TM506(UMTS 1700/2100), K790a, W580; BB 8900, Curve, Pearl
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (US)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bachviet
    Does Google Maps use the built-in GPS receiver for location service?
    Not that I've been able to figure out. It seems to just use the cell towers as on other phones. I've loaded the free Amazegps which seems to work if you use the one for the SE C702i Internal GPS. Hopefully they will come out with one that is specific for the TM506.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ThorBlaze Dragon
    bt PAN didn't work when tested yesterday
    it's there, but you can't configure it except you debrand it
    Thanks for checking. I just don't understand why useful features keep getting killed off on new handsets. At least from the sounds of things so far Java app network access has not been crippled on this thing, which is progress.
    Ho-Fo User #16742

Feedback Score

TM506 tethering

Below is the speed test result of tethering with the TM506 and my laptop here in midtown Manhattan. Keep in mind that 3G signal here in Manhattan is slower than the other 3G areas in NY.

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (HP 211 and SE Z780: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.7))

just bought one from corp store, and I'm using it as modem
    the color is green

Optimum/Cablevision

Device(s)
    N1
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (HP 211 and SE Z780: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.7))

the color is green
    If you get a chance, take a look through it and see if you can find a way to turn off OTA FW update. I'm hoping I missed something in it somewhere. If I can block the FW update, I'll pick one up. It I can't, not much point in it for me.

Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile·
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Sony ericsson k850i: SonyEricssonTM506/R3CA Browser/NetFront/3.4 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 JavaPlatform/JP-8.3.1)

Apparently this phone's gps doesn't like being used in downtown chicago. Once i left the loop, i wap able to use it. I am happy to use it finally!

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by chimphappyhour

the color is green
    If you get a chance, take a look through it and see if you can find a way to turn off OTA FW update. I'm hoping I missed something in it somewhere. If I can block the FW update, I'll pick one up. It I can't, not much point in it for me.
    nope
    my version is R3CA033

Device(s)
    N1
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

nope
    my version is R3CA033
    Well, my main interest in this phone was to use as a tether. Since we know there is a FW coming that will kill this, I guess I'll save myself the $160.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast