Thread: "Cannot Undo Restrictions"

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

"Cannot Undo Restrictions"

I recently obtained the subsidy unlock code for my Nokia 2610 that came free with the contract from ATT. Since I am using my Moto Q9h as my primary phone, I wanted to unlock the ATT supplied one so I could use it as a secondary phone line if I ever need to have a temporary phone number, (or just keep it as a backup, or sell it on eBay).

Anyhow, I followed the instructions exactly as supplied by ATT, but I get the error message "Cannot Undo Restrictions". How do I go about unlocking the phone?

Phone
    Nokia 2720
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Virgin
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by k_semler
    I recently obtained the subsidy unlock code for my Nokia 2610 that came free with the contract from ATT. Since I am using my Moto Q9h as my primary phone, I wanted to unlock the ATT supplied one so I could use it as a secondary phone line if I ever need to have a temporary phone number, (or just keep it as a backup, or sell it on eBay).

Anyhow, I followed the instructions exactly as supplied by ATT, but I get the error message "Cannot Undo Restrictions". How do I go about unlocking the phone?
    You don't need to unlock it if you use it with ATT. At this point, you need a cell phone repair shop that can unlock your phone with hardware. This might cost $30 to $50 all told. Not all 2610s' *can* be unlocked.

ATT sells the 2610 GoPhone refurbed for less than $10 ; T-Mobile is giving away new prepaid 2610s' this week. Sell on eBay, eh?
    Regards

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Thanks. I guess I'll just leave it as is. I guess I'll just keep it as a backup considering it appears the market is saturated with the 2610, and I would be lucky to sell it for anything higher then $5. (Which I'm assuming why this phone was free in the first place).

Feedback Score

I got help

yo dude..you dont have to pay no $50...i had the same prob with my nokia 5300....and i fixed da bugga meself

Feedback Score

nokia 3555b

Quote Originally Posted by nife
    yo dude..you dont have to pay no $50...i had the same prob with my nokia 5300....and i fixed da bugga meself

can you tell me what you done. i want to fix my nokia 3555b.

Feedback Score
    Please also help me unlock my Nokia 6030 handset.

Phone
    Nokia 2720
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Virgin
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by josephrave
    Please also help me unlock my Nokia 6030 handset.
    Ahh! That's easy! The rules at HowardForums forbid the exchange of "unlock codes" but does permit the discussion of unlocking in general.

The Nokia 3555b is relatively difficult ; the Nokia 6300 is relatively easy. Google for "unlock Nokia 6300" and read several narritives on how people unlocked phones, where they got the information, how much they paid or donated, what kind of problems they had and success or failure.

Then you can ask specific, relevant, questions that can be answered here on HowardForums. For example, what is the difference between the RM-74, RM-75 and RM-225 models? Do I have to know the difference between, say, T-MobileUSA and T-MobileUK? Does it make a differnce if I'm in India or Indiana? And so on.

I got my unlock codes for free from my carrier.
    Regards

Phone
    Dozens of motorola gsm phones
    Carriers
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    the nokia 6300 is a bb5 phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontierjustice
    The Nokia 3555b is relatively difficult ; the Nokia 6300 is relatively easy.