Thread: How do I make my phone ring longer before going to voice mail?

Phone
    Motorola V176
    Carrier
    NET10
    Feedback Score

How do I make my phone ring longer before going to voice mail?

Howdy Y'all,

I have a Motorola V176 that I adore. I use it with NET10. The only problem is it doesn't ring long enough before going to voice mail. Often, I can't answer it fast enough before it goes to voice mail. It's a really annoying problem. I've gone through all the menus on the phone and voice mail, but I can't find a setting to make it ring longer. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks guys!

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S Glide
    Samsung Galaxy Appeal
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
    Carrier
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score
    This would require a modification to the Call Forwarding setting for No Answer. Since TracFone and Net10 do not support user-selectable call forwarding, they have those options removed from their phones, and they seem to block the standard GSM command code from working.

The standard GSM command, in case you are lucky and it works for you is:
    * 61 * <VM MAILBOX NUMBER> ** <TIME IN SECONDS> # (SEND)

The VM mailbox number varies by market, but you can typically find the correct number for your area somewhere under the Messages settings menu of your phone. The time (seconds before the voicemail picks up) has to be entered in increments of 5 up to 30 seconds. This command is entered from the Home Screen as if you were going to call somebody, not from the code imput mode in the Prepaid menu.

An example would be:
    * 61 * 7879559622 ** 25 # (SEND)

The above example sets the system to ring for 25 seconds before forwarding the call to (787) 955-9622, which is Net10's (actually AT&T's) voicemail number for Puerto Rico. Replace the VM number with the one for your area, and the wait time with 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 or 30, depending on how long you want the phone to ring before sending the call to voicemail.

If the code works for you, wonderful. It works for me on an AT&T or T-Mobile phone, but not on a TracFone or Net10 phone.

Phone
    Motorola V176
    Carrier
    NET10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CeluGeek
    This would require a modification to the Call Forwarding setting for No Answer. Since TracFone and Net10 do not support user-selectable call forwarding, they have those options removed from their phones, and they seem to block the standard GSM command code from working.

The standard GSM command, in case you are lucky and it works for you is:
    * 61 * <VM MAILBOX NUMBER> ** <TIME IN SECONDS> # (SEND)

The VM mailbox number varies by market, but you can typically find the correct number for your area somewhere under the Messages settings menu of your phone. The time (seconds before the voicemail picks up) has to be entered in increments of 5 up to 30 seconds. This command is entered from the Home Screen as if you were going to call somebody, not from the code imput mode in the Prepaid menu.

An example would be:
    * 61 * 7879559622 ** 25 # (SEND)

The above example sets the system to ring for 25 seconds before forwarding the call to (787) 955-9622, which is Net10's (actually AT&T's) voicemail number for Puerto Rico. Replace the VM number with the one for your area, and the wait time with 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 or 30, depending on how long you want the phone to ring before sending the call to voicemail.

If the code works for you, wonderful. It works for me on an AT&T or T-Mobile phone, but not on a TracFone or Net10 phone.
    I tried it, but I get the message "Check Call Restrictions!" when I press send. I guess I just need to switch to a less restrictive service provider.

Thanks anyway.

What if I put my SIM card in another phone and try this?

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S Glide
    Samsung Galaxy Appeal
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
    Carrier
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Erica
    What if I put my SIM card in another phone and try this?
    Nope. TracFone and Net10 SIM cards won't work on other GSM phones, even unlocked/unbranded ones. You can't even switch your SIM card from one Nt10 phone to another Net10 or TracFone phone.

Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Do you by any chance have the phone set to vibrate and then ring, and are perhaps not feeling it vibrate, so it only rings half as long as it would if it were set to vibrate only?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Erica
    Howdy Y'all,

I have a Motorola V176 that I adore. I use it with NET10. The only problem is it doesn't ring long enough before going to voice mail. Often, I can't answer it fast enough before it goes to voice mail. It's a really annoying problem. I've gone through all the menus on the phone and voice mail, but I can't find a setting to make it ring longer. Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Thanks guys!
    I never activate my Voice Mail... and the phone rings endlessly... that way I don't have to worry about spam calls or unwanted calls!
    You aways have the caller ID to know who it was! .

Feedback Score
    Somewhat of a same question, I have a W370 and the problem I have is that when I dial a # it rings 5 or 6 times before voice mail came up, anyone know how to fix this problem and have it ring longer? Thanks in advance.