This phone is alright. It has a lot of issues though.Originally Posted by pepster2
1. Handset volume is way too low. In quiet environments, its fine. Environments with a lot of background noise, good luck hearing.
2. Battery life is ridiculous. You can fully charge it while powered off, turn the phone on, let it sit on standby and by the end of the night, it will show one battery bar. The estimated standby time advertised is a complete joke. I'm not sure if it's a problem with the software not indicating the remaining battery power correctly or if the phone truly sucks juice. I haven't played with it enough to figure it out. Either way, it's not my problem. FIX IT.
3. Nextel direct connect alert tone is way too low compared to others.
4. Direct Connect speaker volume is too low even at max level. Nextel and Nextel capable phones should have the ability to be LOUD. PERIOD.
5. I think QCHAT has issues. Native IDEN is noticeably more reliable in every aspect. Sure QCHAT connects fine, but the call quality is terrible.
6. The new Sprint ROM sucks. No more "ROAM ONLY" option exists. May not be that important to people that don't need to roam, but if you do, forget it. Automatic sucks.
The ic902 was a better phone in my opinion. People complain about the hybrid functionality, I never had a problem with it. It was everything a hybrid should be. I am thinking of selling my v950. Garbage.