Thread: Breif 3G signal in Long Island, NY !!!

Feedback Score

Breif 3G signal in Long Island, NY !!!

Below is the speed test result using my Option GT data card. I am in Nassau County, Freeport, LI. The signal is lower than that of the NYC.

The strange thing is my TM506 network shows T Mobile and not T mobile 3G.

I will try tethering with the TM506 and do a speed test shortly.

UPDATE:

This is the result of my bluetooth tethering with the TM506:
    Very pathetic performance indeed.

I have no idea why the date card is picking up the 3G signal and the TM506 is not. My guess is that they are still testing and/or and I not close enough to a tower.

With the data card, the signal is weak(two bars) and sometimes changes back to EDGE for a few minutes and then back to HSDPA. While on 3G and watching slingbox for about 30 minutes, the kbps is 318.

If the signal remains, I will conduct further testing tomorrow morning at the train station in order to determine if the 3G signal is permanent.

Excellent work T Mobile.
    Last edited by bouyark; 09-07-2008 at 11:40 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bouyark
    Below is the speed test result using my Option GT data card. I am in Nassau County, Freeport, LI. The signal is lower than that of the NYC.

The strange thing is my TM506 network shows T Mobile and not T mobile 3G.

I will try tethering with the TM506 and do a speed test shortly.

UPDATE:

This is the result of my bluetooth tethering with the TM506:
    Very pathetic performance indeed.

I have no idea why the date card is picking up the 3G signal and the TM506 is not. My guess is that they are still testing and/or I am not close enough to a tower.

With the data card, the signal is weak(two bars) and sometimes changes back to EDGE for a few minutes and then back to HSDPA. While on 3G and watching slingbox for about 30 minutes, the kbps is 318.

If the signal remains, I will conduct further testing tomorrow morning at the train station in order to determine if the 3G signal is permanent.

Excellent work T Mobile.

UPDATE 2:

3G is definitely in my area but the signal is weak and contains a lot of holes. There was no 3G signal a mile to the train station. I guess they have not fully launched as yet but they are certainly doing something with 3G launch.