Phones
    HTC Touch Pro 2 - Personal
    HTC Touch Pro - Personal
    Blackberry 8310r - Work
    Carriers
    Telus - Personal
    Feedback Score

Windows Mobile and UltraVNC

Does anyone know if there is a version of UltraVNC for windows mobile? (I've been on thier page and i can't find anything) Or something similar?
    Remember Scr@ew Telus over has hard as you can, otherwise they'll scr@ew you!
    $100 per month for 3 gigs of data is highway robbery!
    I use my TP2 as an untraceable tether.
    Last month was 87gigs on my TP2 and So far this month is 26 gigs.

Phone
    ATT Skyrocket
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slight22
    Does anyone know if there is a version of UltraVNC for windows mobile? (I've been on thier page and i can't find anything) Or something similar?
    I tried this out a few months ago. It works, however trying to run a big display on a little display is tough. Despite having a fast network in my house, it was not very functional.

http://www.oreillynet.com/mac/blog/2...ndows_mob.html

I just upgraded to 6.1 and see it has Windows remote desktop. I have been curious to read real stories of doing real things with it. All of my systems have vnc so I have not been eager to spend time to switch over.

Phones
    HTC Touch Pro - Personal
    Blackberry 8310r - Work
    Carriers
    Telus - Personal
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbates
    I tried this out a few months ago. It works, however trying to run a big display on a little display is tough. Despite having a fast network in my house, it was not very functional.

http://www.oreillynet.com/mac/blog/2...ndows_mob.html

I just upgraded to 6.1 and see it has Windows remote desktop. I have been curious to read real stories of doing real things with it. All of my systems have vnc so I have not been eager to spend time to switch over.

Thank you very much that worked out perfectly. See your idea of getting windows 6.1 and remote desktop would be great but I have 5.0 loaded and I don't need the extensive controls it gives.

See what I did was connect my spare pc to my tv and through it my network. Through my network any of my personal pictures I wanna show on my tv or because my tv is also directed through my living room stereo it allows me to listen to online radio.

Normally because I would need my laptop to control the pc as it has no keyboard or mouse attached it would get kinda cumbersome to pull it out if i wanted to show something. In this case with this program and my UTStarcom 6700 and it's wi-fi capabilities i can just use it as a remote for quick access.

Now I will grant there is a small learning curve as tapping twice is not the same as clicking twice with a mouse. But all in all it's a fantastic way to control an old pc on the network.

Phone
    ATT Skyrocket
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Thank you very much that worked out perfectly. See your idea of getting windows 6.1 and remote desktop would be great but I have 5.0 loaded and I don't need the extensive controls it gives.

See what I did was connect my spare pc to my tv and through it my network. Through my network any of my personal pictures I wanna show on my tv or because my tv is also directed through my living room stereo it allows me to listen to online radio.

Normally because I would need my laptop to control the pc as it has no keyboard or mouse attached it would get kinda cumbersome to pull it out if i wanted to show something. In this case with this program and my UTStarcom 6700 and it's wi-fi capabilities i can just use it as a remote for quick access.

Now I will grant there is a small learning curve as tapping twice is not the same as clicking twice with a mouse. But all in all it's a fantastic way to control an old pc on the network.
    NP. Interesting in that my looking at VNC was for in house multi-media reasons. I have 2 dlink media players and use Cidero on one computer that can drive the same audio to them at the same time. VNC was just a little too loose as a remote control of the pc to make it work.

I solved it the hard way... during a remodeling project a cabinetry desk showed up in the area with a perfectly good computer on it.......

Phones
    HTC Touch Pro - Personal
    Blackberry 8310r - Work
    Carriers
    Telus - Personal
    Feedback Score
    very cool

I know what your thinking cause the pc also doubles as my remote in from work so it has all the remote desktop and other features activated as well. This way is just the quick easy route lol.

Out of shere curiosity do you have a link i could use to upgrade my 6700 to windows mobile 6?

Phone
    ATT Skyrocket
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    very cool

I know what your thinking cause the pc also doubles as my remote in from work so it has all the remote desktop and other features activated as well. This way is just the quick easy route lol.

Out of shere curiosity do you have a link i could use to upgrade my 6700 to windows mobile 6?
    Oh trust me, all of my solutions scream of abject laziness....

No I don't know about the 6700, it will be an upgrade specific to that phone. I would check the threads here on that model and see what people are saying. Either the carrier/manufacturer have to create it, or someone will have made a rouge "cooked" version if it exists.

Phones
    HTC Touch Pro - Personal
    Blackberry 8310r - Work
    Carriers
    Telus - Personal
    Feedback Score

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate (Vibrant)
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Ive had great luck with RealVNC and their free mobile client.

Phones
    HTC Touch Pro 2 T-Mobile
    Cingular 3125
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Does that come with the free version of RealVNC or one of the pay versions?

Phones
    HTC Touch Pro - Personal
    Blackberry 8310r - Work
    Carriers
    Telus - Personal
    Feedback Score
    lol i'm not paying for it lol.

Phone
    HTC Touch Diamond
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbates
    Ever since I got my Redfly, using remote desktop has actually become a very viable option. I have a disposable Windows 2008 VM that is internet accessible that I will occasionally RDP into when I need access a web site that Opera Mobile cannot handle.

Phone
    ATT Skyrocket
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dc_in_sf
    Ever since I got my Redfly, using remote desktop has actually become a very viable option. I have a disposable Windows 2008 VM that is internet accessible that I will occasionally RDP into when I need access a web site that Opera Mobile cannot handle.
    AARRRRGG!!! I new when I saw your name in this post you were going to tell me how good it was on a red fly "big" screen!! I'm Jealous.