Thread: Samsung ringtone nostalgia -- "Ringer 1"

Phones
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Star Trek Communicator (Nokia N76 prototype)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Samsung ringtone nostalgia -- "Ringer 1"

Anyone remember the "ringer 1" ringtone from the days of the A460 and A500? I absolutely loved that tone. By the time the A600/A620/A660 came out, this tone had been replaced by a far more generic ringer, and I really missed the gradually-building bells and synth drums of the old "ringer 1." Maybe it's because it was the first polyphonic ringtone I'd ever heard, and I thought it was the coolest thing ever when I bought my A460.

Anyone else remember this tone and like it?
    Twitter: Captain2Phones Carriers Used: Sprint PCS, Nextel, T-Mobile, AT&T, Boost Mobile. Phone Manufacturers Used: Samsung, LG, Motorola, RIM, HTC, Sanyo, Danger, Palm, Apple.

Feedback Score
    Yes I think I remember that one. I have a lot of Samsung favorite ring tones.

I used to like a lot them from my s307 with Cingular. I was so enthralled with that phone when I got it. The front multi-colored status light was actually synced up to flash with each preloaded ringer, so cool.

Phones
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FKL
    Yes I think I remember that one. I have a lot of Samsung favorite ring tones.

I used to like a lot them from my s307 with Cingular. I was so enthralled with that phone when I got it. The front multi-colored status light was actually synced up to flash with each preloaded ringer, so cool.
    Yeah -- the ringlight on the i730 for Nextel used to do that (flash in sync with ringtones).

I just remember being so enthralled with polyphonics after years of beep-beep-beeps from my 3500 and LG TP1010 ... that "ding-dong" with the "backing track" of drums was just incredible. I loved it.

And yes, Samsung was always good at including at least a few cool tones.

Phones
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Hey so ... nearly four years later, I settled on a low-tech means to make this happen.

Name:  AosBmqmCAAAPjrL.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  39.2 KB