Page 1 of 57 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 855

Thread: The OFFICIAL Sony Ericsson TM506 Thread (Ask questions HERE!)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Dade County, Florida
    Posts
    6,240
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7 256GB Black/Verizon, iPhone 7 256GB Black/AT&T, iPhone 6s 128GB/T-Mobile
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel was a thriving culture within a company and Sprint SINGLE HANDILY DESTROYED IT.
    Feedback Score
    0

    Exclamation The OFFICIAL Sony Ericsson TM506 Thread (Ask questions HERE!)

    Hey All,

    Being that I am starting to see so many threads pop up about the new Sony Ericsson TM506 and questions pertaining to it, I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread DEDICATED to any and everything having to do with the phone. Questions, comments, concerns and/or criticisms.

    I personally have the first official question for the thread. HOW THE HELL WILL I SET THIS ***** UP TO TETHER VIA DATA CABLE WITH A MAC AND/OR A PC ON T-Mobile's 3G/EDGE/GPRS NETWORKS (with the proper T-Mobile Total Internet package of course)? WHAT ARE THE SETTINGS? WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO MAKE IT WORK?

    Maybe a mod can merge some of the other threads into this one to keep things a little bit cleaner on the main board.....
    I am looking to take over a former *Centennial Wireless* Account that was converted to *VERIZON*. Preferably one with a data card, but I won't discriminate if it's a voice plan with a dumbphone/smartphone/whatever. If it's a former Centennial Account and is now a VERIZON account, but still has the Centennial Plan on it, then I AM INTERESTED!

    FINALLY reached my 6,000th post on Monday February 28th, 2011 at 2:23 A.M. EST.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    31,608
    Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    0
    since I have several SE phones, doing this job is piece of cake
    you can either to get the latest SE PC suite, or just get C902 modem driver from davinciteam
    then setup DUN, use SE 3017 modem (don't ask me what it is, it just shows up on available modem list when TM506 connected to host)
    dial *99***2#, or
    if you have setting dl'ed from configurator (use K850), you can also use *99***4#
    you can max out port speed, or leave it as it (you get up to 1Mbps anyway)



    Optimum/Cablevision

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    A hole in the ground.
    Posts
    1,638
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ThorBlaze Dragon
    since I have several SE phones, doing this job is piece of cake
    you can either to get the latest SE PC suite, or just get C902 modem driver from davinciteam
    then setup DUN, use SE 3017 modem (don't ask me what it is, it just shows up on available modem list when TM506 connected to host)
    dial *99***2#, or
    if you have setting dl'ed from configurator (use K850), you can also use *99***4#
    you can max out port speed, or leave it as it (you get up to 1Mbps anyway)
    On OS X, you can go grab my iSync Plugin and then use the following:

    T-Zones 5.99 Plan:

    Phone Number = *99#
    CID=4
    APN=wap.voicestream.com
    Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    DNS: 66.94.9.120, 66.94.25.120


    T-Mobile Internet 19.99 Plan:

    Phone Number = *99#
    CID=4
    APN=internet2.voicestream.com
    DNS: 66.94.9.120, 66.94.25.120
    VerizonWireless MiFi 2200 EVDO-RevA

    | My HoFo Feedback! | Flickr Account |

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Dade County, Florida
    Posts
    6,240
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7 256GB Black/Verizon, iPhone 7 256GB Black/AT&T, iPhone 6s 128GB/T-Mobile
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel was a thriving culture within a company and Sprint SINGLE HANDILY DESTROYED IT.
    Feedback Score
    0

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by RocketMac
    On OS X, you can go grab my iSync Plugin and then use the following:

    T-Zones 5.99 Plan:

    Phone Number = *99#
    CID=4
    APN=wap.voicestream.com
    Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    DNS: 66.94.9.120, 66.94.25.120


    T-Mobile Internet 19.99 Plan:

    Phone Number = *99#
    CID=4
    APN=internet2.voicestream.com
    DNS: 66.94.9.120, 66.94.25.120
    Thanks RocketMac! Now I need better help (no offense ThorBlaze) with getting this all ****** rigged up on a PC.

    BTW, RocketMac, will this work with a data cable AS WELL, or JUST Bluetooth?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    311
    Device(s)
    SE p910i
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Wirelessly posted (T-mo Wing: SonyEricssonTM506/R3CA Browser/NetFront/3.4 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 JavaPlatform/JP-8.3.1)

    Does this baby support flash menus?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    A hole in the ground.
    Posts
    1,638
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by skippinjack
    Thanks RocketMac! Now I need better help (no offense ThorBlaze) with getting this all ****** rigged up on a PC.

    BTW, RocketMac, will this work with a data cable AS WELL, or JUST Bluetooth?
    I'm waiting for my DCU-60 to come in so that I can update the plugin for USB & Bluetooth support. So for now, it's BT only.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    31,608
    Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    0
    Wirelessly posted (HP 211 and SE Z780: SonyEricssonTM506/R3CA Browser/NetFront/3.4 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 JavaPlatform/JP-8.3.1)

    Quote Originally Posted by skippinjack
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketMac
    On OS X, you can go grab my iSync Plugin and then use the following:

    T-Zones 5.99 Plan:

    Phone Number = *99#
    CID=4
    APN=wap.voicestream.com
    Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    DNS: 66.94.9.120, 66.94.25.120


    T-Mobile Internet 19.99 Plan:

    Phone Number = *99#
    CID=4
    APN=internet2.voicestream.com
    DNS: 66.94.9.120, 66.94.25.120
    Thanks RocketMac! Now I need better help (no offense ThorBlaze) with getting this all ****** rigged up on a PC.

    BTW, RocketMac, will this work with a data cable AS WELL, or JUST Bluetooth?
    it works both ways

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    31,608
    Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    0
    Wirelessly posted (HP 211 and SE Z780: SonyEricssonTM506/R3CA Browser/NetFront/3.4 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 JavaPlatform/JP-8.3.1)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin0510
    Wirelessly posted (T-mo Wing: SonyEricssonTM506/R3CA Browser/NetFront/3.4 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 JavaPlatform/JP-8.3.1)

    Does this baby support flash menus?
    can't tell this time because SEFP for far manager doesn't support DB3150 yet

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    55
    Device(s)
    Nokia 6301b
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    I just purchased one, as a replacement for my (unlocked) Sony Ericsson Z710i. I use Google Maps, GMail app, and Opera Mini on the Z710i with the $5.99 TMobileWeb plan, and was wondering what would happen with this phone. I was told by my local store that we would have 3G in November (Western Maryland), and was hoping for a little faster Web Experience.

    To my delight, the phone was able to download and connect Google Maps and Opera Mini with no changes in any connection settings. I tried to use the GMail app, but it wouldn't connect. However, there is an included app for Email which allows you to connect to GMail (but not my pop mail account.)

    I paid $129.99 plus $18 upgrade fee, and will expect a $50 rebate. (Two year contract extension)

    The phone is much thinner than my Z710i, and the screen is larger and easier to read. Although I looked at software support on the Sony Ericsson site, it said there were no downloads available, I was able to use PC Suite (which I had downloaded for my Z710i.) I had to uninstall and reinstall PC Suite for it to find my new TM506, and it took a while, but then I was able to restore my photos, ringtones, etc. I did not try to use the phone to connect my computer to the internet, but it looked like it would work. When 3g hits my community, it will be worth trying, but at edge speeds it would be tedious.

    I am still on day one of my 14 day trial period, but so far I expect to keep it.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    318
    Device(s)
    Nokia N85, 6301, 5310, 5610, 6263; SE TM506(UMTS 1700/2100), K790a, W580; BB 8900, Curve, Pearl
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (US)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Here's the link for the TM506 at SE:

    http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/supp...06?cc=us&lc=en

    Has the links for PC Suite etc., manual and settings.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Dade County, Florida
    Posts
    6,240
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7 256GB Black/Verizon, iPhone 7 256GB Black/AT&T, iPhone 6s 128GB/T-Mobile
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel was a thriving culture within a company and Sprint SINGLE HANDILY DESTROYED IT.
    Feedback Score
    0

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by gsm1
    Here's the link for the TM506 at SE:

    http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/supp...06?cc=us&lc=en

    Has the links for PC Suite etc., manual and settings.
    You are THE BEST! Thanks brother!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Posts
    1,493
    Device(s)
    HTC Evo
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    question: how do you get the GPS to connect on a consistent basis?
    I need the Samsung Epic NOW!!!!!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    958
    Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    how is the battery life of this phone? I read that it was pretty bad. I thought SE phones were supposed to have better battery lives.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    53
    Device(s)
    motorola T722i
    Carrier(s)
    T mobile
    Feedback Score
    0

    There are no software downloads available for the TM506.

    Quote Originally Posted by gsm1
    Here's the link for the TM506 at SE:

    http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/supp...06?cc=us&lc=en

    Has the links for PC Suite etc., manual and settings.

    I went to the link above , selected

    "Software downloads
    Download e.g. Update Services, PC Suite, Media Manager and other useful software."

    brought me to

    http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/supp...06?cc=us&lc=en

    which then stated
    "There are no software downloads available for the TM506.

    Go to TM506 Support to find support information for your phone."


    in order to get the the SE PC Suite I had to select another model and I'm not sure if the TM506 drivers are in the Sony Ericsson PC Suite_3.209.00_AE.exe package I downloaded without being able to connect the phone ( for lack of a TM506 , at this time )

    thanks for any info

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    53
    Device(s)
    motorola T722i
    Carrier(s)
    T mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Hagerdoc
    Although I looked at software support on the Sony Ericsson site, it said there were no downloads available, I was able to use PC Suite (which I had downloaded for my Z710i.) I had to uninstall and reinstall PC Suite for it to find my new TM506, and it took a while, but then I was able to restore my photos, ringtones, etc.
    I am still on day one of my 14 day trial period, but so far I expect to keep it.
    This is good to hear that the drivers are in the generic SE PC Suite package. As the SE site does not offer TM506 software yet

Page 1 of 57 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast

Bookmarks