Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 ... LastLast

Thread: The OFFICIAL Sony Ericsson TM506 Thread (Ask questions HERE!)

Device(s)
    HTC Evo
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I downloaded it on the phone no problem. I picked the signed version if that matters.
    I need the Samsung Epic NOW!!!!!

Device(s)
    HTC Evo 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ThorBlaze Dragon
    I don't use either, because internal GPS sucks battery, and I have bt external GPS already
    btw, can you open the back cover easily using the trick I mentioned?
    i haven't tried yet. i'm going to wait until oct. 1 when 3G is active in my area and get a new sim card then. but i put your trick on file for future reference. i'll let you know if i get stuck.
    ~the kid with the golden arms

Device(s)
    SE p910i
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (T-mo Wing: SonyEricssonTM506/R3CA Browser/NetFront/3.4 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 JavaPlatform/JP-8.3.1)

Quote Originally Posted by bachviet
    Debranding - removing all T-Mobile related craps, enable missing features like flash themes
    Does this include flash wallpapers as well? Lol i love'em

Feedback Score
    I seem to be getting TeleNav GPS with voice guidance free and I only have the $5.99 T-Zones data plan.

Feedback Score
    when tethered, can you use the phone as a gps receiver? say you have microsoft roads and maps or something....could you use the gps chip in the phone as the receiver for your laptop?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bachviet
    GMM doesn't work with your built-in GPS receiver so its location service works off cell-tower-triangulation.

AmazeGPS does with with the built-in GPS though (using C702i as your phone).
    i wonder why gmm doesnt work with the built-in gps receiver on the tm506 - it works on my nokia n82 and se w760i - im guessing this is a tmo firmware issue

has anyone tried a generic (z780) firmware yet? im wondering if thatll bring back the E/G/3G icons (and take off some of the junk tmo put on there)

EDIT - i gotta say - overall, im not that impressed with this phone - the menu system seems a bit laggy - texting is DEFINITELY laggy (in addition to the keyboard being so crummy) - the reception is lacking in a big way (maybe this will pick up with 3g - but 2g reception just stinks) - even plain old edge seems to be a LOT slower

i dont know if its the phone or the firmware - but this thing is not a keeper the way it is
    the bloggy blog blog blog...

common sense...not so common...
    ----

Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile·
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kricket
    i wonder why gmm doesnt work with the built-in gps receiver on the tm506 - it works on my nokia n82 and se w760i - im guessing this is a tmo firmware issue

has anyone tried a generic (z780) firmware yet? im wondering if thatll bring back the E/G/3G icons (and take off some of the junk tmo put on there)
    I wonder if google doesn't realize the tm506 supports gps. I have a feeling they are just pushing a generic s.e. google maps instead of one made for the tm506.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    ^ i bet youre absolutely right

there are no options in the menus regarding location services - on the n82 and w760 there are options on whether to use gps or not for "my location" - those options are nowhere to be found on the gmaps menu for the tm506

its actually funny - i bought this phone because i wanted to test out 3g on tmo when it became available - i didnt know it had gps until i started playing with it - lol - what a pleasant surprise!

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score

EDIT - i gotta say - overall, im not that impressed with this phone - the menu system seems a bit laggy - texting is DEFINITELY laggy (in addition to the keyboard being so crummy) - the reception is lacking in a big way (maybe this will pick up with 3g - but 2g reception just stinks) - even plain old edge seems to be a LOT slower

i dont know if its the phone or the firmware - but this thing is not a keeper the way it is
    I tried with davinciteam client
    it simply doesn't let me to flash with Z780 fw

Optimum/Cablevision

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by danska
    I wonder if google doesn't realize the tm506 supports gps. I have a feeling they are just pushing a generic s.e. google maps instead of one made for the tm506.
    this may be java limitation
    I had the bt external GPS paired with K790a once, but Google Maps just can't use it, while S60 and WM versions can

Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile·
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ThorBlaze Dragon
    this may be java limitation
    I had the bt external GPS paired with K790a once, but Google Maps just can't use it, while S60 and WM versions can
    It might be, but if you go to wap.sonyericsson.com and pick the k850i, you can download a java program called tracker that uses gps and tracks the distance and time you go. For joggers and stuff. So, java can use gps, but google maps might not.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    ^ being that i have no issues using gps in google maps on the w760, i doubt its a java issue - im guessing eventually google will link to a version that utilizes the gps (either that, or its a tmo firmware restriction)

Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile·
    Feedback Score
    I am going to try messing around with the user agent on my computer and see if i can download a copy on my pc using the w760's user agent string.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus (currently)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    ^ being that i have no issues using gps in google maps on the w760, i doubt its a java issue - im guessing eventually google will link to a version that utilizes the gps (either that, or its a tmo firmware restriction)
    I don't think it's a tmo firmware. Because you still can use GPS w/ GMaps.

Device(s)
    Nokia N85, 6301, 5310, 5610, 6263; SE TM506(UMTS 1700/2100), K790a, W580; BB 8900, Curve, Pearl
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (US)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by danska
    I am going to try messing around with the user agent on my computer and see if i can download a copy on my pc using the w760's user agent string.
    I've tried that, but it just sends a .jad file which I'm guessing if you load on your phone will download the version for that phone. Somehow we need to get the .jar file or see if someone can get it off a SE phone where Google maps is working with the built-in GPS.

Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 ... LastLast