Thread: video on wing

Phones
    tmobile wing
    tmobile g-1
    Carrier
    tmobile
    Feedback Score

video on wing

the other night i recorded a video of a crazy lady that i want to send. when i send most people not all cant watch video. when i transfer the video to computer my computer wont recognize because it is mp4 video. is there a way to make all videos playable by all phones? and is there a way i can view video on computer without downloading quiktime?

Carriers
    Red Pocket Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Can you not choose a different video format or codec to record in? Different phones have support for different video formats and what you're sending may not be compatible with the phones your friends are using.

Windows Media Player should be able to play your videos. If not, you may need to download a codec pack. If you'd rather not do that and don't want to use Quicktime, try VLC. It's lightweight and will play just about anything.

Phones
    tmobile wing
    tmobile g-1
    Carrier
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    thanks. the only other option i have is h.234 something like that is the quality going to decrease. i know not to expect too much in camera and video quality from wing but i want people to be able to make out what i sent.

Phones
    HTC Touch Pro 2 T-Mobile
    Cingular 3125
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I would suggest you get Core Community Codec pack and media player classic. They will let you play the video (and pretty much anything else you find). But you should also try VLC (as they are both free), and maybe BSplayer (if its still around). And see which you like best.

As for a format all phones support I don't think there is one. WM phones support just about everything (with the right software), I would assume other smartphones offer equivilant options. MP4 is quite popular since its also supported by ipods and other video players. Dumb phones though generally support 3gp (or some variant) though some support MP4.

Carriers
    Red Pocket Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cfkillers
    thanks. the only other option i have is h.234 something like that is the quality going to decrease. i know not to expect too much in camera and video quality from wing but i want people to be able to make out what i sent.
    Try a test recording in h.234 and see how the quality is. That's the only way you'll know which mode records best with your phone. If you're worried about formats you can always transfer the videos from your phone and use conversion software to put the video in a different format. Keep in mind that when you recompress an already compressed file during a conversion you're going to degrade the quality.

Quote Originally Posted by genaldar
    Dumb phones though generally support 3gp (or some variant) though some support MP4.
    Just because a phone isn't a "smart" phone doesn't make it "dumb!" I prefer the term "regular."

Just messing with ya.

Phones
    tmobile wing
    tmobile g-1
    Carrier
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    thanks for all the advise. the formats have the same quality so for now i will stick with the h.### format.