Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to change ESN number with Cricket

Feedback Score

How to change ESN number with Cricket

Hi All,

I don't have Cricket yet and would like to get one but have few questions before I jump.

- I would like to buy the cheapest phone from Cricket for first month of service free
    - I already have a LG VX8350 phone flashed to Cricket (Loaded PRL file)
    - When I tried *228 I hear Cricket programing but it failed (I think because the ESN not in there system)

1. How to change the ESN number?
    2. Do I have to call Cricket CSR or I can do it online?
    3. How long does it take the the new ESN change in Cricket system?
    4. How many time I can change my ESN or as many as I want?

Thank you very much.

Phone
    EVO 4G
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Call Cricket CS and tell them you need a ESN change, they will do it but charge your account 15$. It will take effect as soon as they do it. Or you maybe able to find someone on here who can do it cheaper. I am sure they have already PM'd you.
    Code Name: Begrudging Burger or PRONKING (thanks to0)
    Status:Begrudgingly is in the NC Cricket Mafia (even though I secretly wanted to be the whole time)!
    Latest Exploits:
    Made the flash(adobe) Tutorial for the 6800
    Drank a 12 pack in 30 minutes and still played a full set with the band.
    Next Exploit: Flashing a Antique British Pay Phone Booth to Cricket...WAP and MMS working.

Phones
    Moto Droid Cricket
    Treo Pro with To0's ROM
    TP 3
    Carriers
    Cricket
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    PM me if someone can ESN change...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by burgertime
    Call Cricket CS and tell them you need a ESN change, they will do it but charge your account 15$. It will take effect as soon as they do it. Or you maybe able to find someone on here who can do it cheaper. I am sure they have already PM'd you.
    Thank you Bugertime,

Did not getting any PM about ESN change

I just went to Cricket stores to do the ESN change but no luck

- First the asking me for 6 digits code. I told them six number zero (000000)
    - The tech try everything with 000000 and lot of other number they have but no luck
    - Then he call another 2 technician do it but still no luck
    - They said they need the code to access to the phone, I told them 000000 but they said that is not the one
    - They are calling around different stores and come back to me with this result (Change the ESN number does not make any different with the phone I have "VX8350" but the problem is they can not access to my phone) :-)

It was in Round Rock, TX

As I understand after reading the forum.
    - I need to load Cricket PRL into my phone
    - Call them to change the ESN number
    - Do *228 and ready to roll
    ?????

Thank you for reading

Carriers
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    hpcpqcsco pm me and i will help you out

Phones
    PPC6700
    i415
    Razr V3M
    Carriers
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Or if you call CS and ask them to wave the fee... I have had luck with that twice now...

Feedback Score
    I have CDMA workshop 2.7 and I was to write an esn number to a samsung sch-430 (the phone has already been flashed to cricket the service I want. ) Does one just pick any number as a ESN number ? I take it the MEID does not get written? I have written a esn of my choice by the cricket online activator does not like it.

Phone
    BB 9630 Tour
    Carriers
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kieranmullen
    I have CDMA workshop 2.7 and I was to write an esn number to a samsung sch-430 (the phone has already been flashed to cricket the service I want. ) Does one just pick any number as a ESN number ? I take it the MEID does not get written? I have written a esn of my choice by the cricket online activator does not like it.
    wow you're completely off base.

DO NOT CHANGE THE ESN ON THE PHONE. IF THE ESN IS A MEID THEN YOU CONVERT IT TO A ESN AND GIVE THAT # TO CRICKET.
    -------------------------------------------
    Isriam
    Want 20GB of FREE storage? Much better than Dropbox with better software, service, and rules! +5GB for every referral you get! Click me

Feedback Score
    I figured I was off base in making my own esn. :-p As I stated above I believe it is something only that can be assigned through cricket or the dealers? I will drop by a store tomorrow unless there is a dealer that can take care of me tonight on here. I do not have an aco**** with cricket therefore there is no esn. I have to have an account to get an esn.

KM

Quote Originally Posted by Drunk
    wow you're completely off base.

DO NOT CHANGE THE ESN ON THE PHONE. IF THE ESN IS A MEID THEN YOU CONVERT IT TO A ESN AND GIVE THAT # TO CRICKET.

Feedback Score
    my MEID is also blank

Phone
    BB 9630 Tour
    Carriers
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    uh the ESN is on teh phone under the battery. its assigned to the phone and can not and should not be changed. its a sticker with the esn. if you do not have the sticker and the phone has an esn of 000000 it is garbage and can not ever be used on any carrier.

Feedback Score
    Altel phone from from Alltel refurbishing.

It has a Samsung sticker where the battery is and a HEX # that is
    A10000010EXXXX (where x is 4 more numerical digits)

Phone
    BB 9630 Tour
    Carriers
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    then what are you doing? convert that MEID into a pESN or dec ESN and give it to cricket. i forget which they want, but if the sticker is on teh phone that is the MEID/ESN.

Feedback Score
    Sorry new to this. Found a website to convert it. Are there any windows desktop apps that do this?

Phone is now activated but I need to go to a store which is less than a mile away since I cant program it the operator said *228 but I am in roaming even though the site says I am in a full coverage area. I changed the network to auto to home and there was no change.

What is the dealer going to do that I can't do?

KM

Quote Originally Posted by Drunk
    then what are you doing? convert that MEID into a pESN or dec ESN and give it to cricket. i forget which they want, but if the sticker is on teh phone that is the MEID/ESN.

Phone
    BB 9630 Tour
    Carriers
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    lol did you even bother readign the faq and guides?

you need to load a PRL and set your SID

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast