Thread: Transferring balance from one virgin phone to another, possible?

Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Transferring balance from one virgin phone to another, possible?

I have two prepaid VMC phones. I'm closing one of them soon by porting the number to another carrier. I'm wondering what I can do with the balance remaining on the account.

Can I request a transfer of the balance to my other Virgin phone? If not, what happens to the balance? Does it get forwarded to me somehow?

Phones
    BB Pearl
    Moto Razr2
    Nokia 6275i (retired)
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC7
    I have two prepaid VMC phones. I'm closing one of them soon by porting the number to another carrier. I'm wondering what I can do with the balance remaining on the account.

Can I request a transfer of the balance to my other Virgin phone? If not, what happens to the balance? Does it get forwarded to me somehow?
    They can transfer balances from 1 VMC pre-paid to another VMC pre-paid as long as BOTH phones are activated with the same name.

Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alex0990
    They can transfer balances from 1 VMC pre-paid to another VMC pre-paid as long as BOTH phones are activated with the same name.
    hmm...I just got a message left from someone named Shauna who said they don't do transfers anymore.

Carrier
    Rogers Communications Inc.
    Feedback Score
    i was also told that the balance cannot be transferred back in January.

Phone
    Samsung M300
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I had the same problem as you, it really sucks that they can't transfer it. lol

Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Oh well. Thanks for the responses. Live and learn I guess.

Feedback Score
    You can transfer the balance from one phone to another if youa re doing an ESN swap. Meaning you are deactivating one phone and activating another under the same number.
    HIGHEST IN CUSTOMER SATISCFATION with prepaid wireless service 3 YEARS IN A ROW!

FLICK OFF: Making the world a healthier place!

Virgin Unite: Making the world a better place.

It's not the bottom line that counts it's the moral one. Which side do you stand on?

NOTE: The Views expressed within this user ID does not reflect the views of VMC rather the views of the Rep. Any information contained in posts under this user ID are not official or acknowledged by VMC.

Phones
    BB Pearl
    Moto Razr2
    Nokia 6275i (retired)
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC7
    Oh well. Thanks for the responses. Live and learn I guess.

I have been given two stories in two days from VMC CS. But today I pressed the issue and I have now concluded that you may not transfer a balance no matter what. I am now satisfied with the outcome of this topic.

Carrier
    Rogers Communications Inc.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by virginmobile806
    You can transfer the balance from one phone to another if youa re doing an ESN swap. Meaning you are deactivating one phone and activating another under the same number.
    that would not be transferring the balance. that would be upgrading to a new (different) device.

the user would like to request a transfer of the balance to my other Virgin phone meaning he would like to merge the account, keeping one number.

Phones
    BB Pearl
    Moto Razr2
    Nokia 6275i (retired)
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by live_strong
    that would not be transferring the balance. that would be upgrading to a new (different) device.

the user would like to request a transfer of the balance to my other Virgin phone meaning he would like to merge the account, keeping one number.

We may have stumbled upon a solution here. If the phone he wants to use has little or no balance, have it deactivated. Reactivate doing an ESN swap with the phone that has the balance you want to keep. A disadvantage of course is you don't keep the number of the phone you had to deactivate. But, you keep the balance. I think I confused myself! Hahahaha Make sense?

Advantage:
    Keep the wanted balance
    Use the desired phone

Disadvantage
    Lose any balance on desired phone
    Lose the number on desired phone

Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Thanks. I'm glad VMC is making the process painless.

The part I don't get is that I spoke to a CSR ten days ago (mistakenly never took down their name) and they told me that in my case it can be done as I'm merely transferring the balance from one of my VMC accounts to another. But they said that they needed the request in writing and I faxed it last week only to get a call back that they received my fax but cannot transfer my balance.

I'm opting to lose my balance and keep the number.