Page 4 of 87 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Virgin Mobile Employees & Dealers

Device(s)
    BB 8130
    Carrier(s)
    VMC
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.VirginMobile
    Even though I work for Virgin Mobile I still PAY for my phones (all 14 of them), so no I wont be sending any out... Sorry...
    I have this mental image of someone using 14 phones all at one time . . . it's rather impressive, actually, lol.

Just out of curiosity, any reason you keep them instead of BST-ing or eBay-ing them?
    I do not speak on behalf of my employer. My thoughts are my own.

Device(s)
    RAZR2
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    Hi this is vms7oaks from Abbotsford BC

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson Xperia X1
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers =(
    Feedback Score
    How is everyone dealing with the block on Facebook, YouTube, and eBay (and other sites) at the Mini Stores? Haha..
    For me, I don't have facebook, so that doesn't matter. Our POS doesn't have speakers, so youtube isn't much fun anyways. And for ebay, only .ca is blocked so .com still works. =P
    VMS Kingsway
    (The views expressed are entirely my own and not influenced by my employer.)

Device(s)
    BB 8130
    Carrier(s)
    VMC
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by linduhhh
    How is everyone dealing with the block on Facebook, YouTube, and eBay (and other sites) at the Mini Stores? Haha..
    For me, I don't have facebook, so that doesn't matter. Our POS doesn't have speakers, so youtube isn't much fun anyways. And for ebay, only .ca is blocked so .com still works. =P
    There's a lot of other good sites out there, the blacklist is only on the order of 20 or 30 sites, so it doesn't really bother me. Really annoyed a few coworkers, tho!

Feedback Score
    I don't go on those sites from work anyway, but if you really need to you can still go on them.

Device(s)
    RAZR2
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    After the block, my stores sales went up. Not that we were ignoring customers or anything!! but we just had more focus.

Device(s)
    Pearl Flip
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The facebook block is a pretty big bummer, but i didnt spend tooooo much time on facebook while at work so its not bad.

As for the technology to switch over contacts and stuff... i've seen Bell using it in our mall, seems like some interested gadgets.

Hmmmm, someone just won a moped at the store beside us... lucky them lol.

Oh and to get past the facebook block, go to http://www.2bessfiltering.info/index.php and type in facebook, you can use any other proxy website too....

Peace,
    Virgin Kamloops BC
    Your on telus?..... Hahahahahahahaha... opps sorry

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VirginCanada
    The facebook block is a pretty big bummer, but i didnt spend tooooo much time on facebook while at work so its not bad.

As for the technology to switch over contacts and stuff... i've seen Bell using it in our mall, seems like some interested gadgets.

Oh and to get past the facebook block, go to http://www.2bessfiltering.info/index.php and type in facebook, you can use any other proxy website too....

Peace,
    Virgin Kamloops BC
    Thanks for letting us know some other websites that we can block. Which location do you work at so I can let your operator know you willingly going against company policies and helping people to unblock sites?
    HIGHEST IN CUSTOMER SATISCFATION with prepaid wireless service 3 YEARS IN A ROW!

FLICK OFF: Making the world a healthier place!

Virgin Unite: Making the world a better place.

It's not the bottom line that counts it's the moral one. Which side do you stand on?

NOTE: The Views expressed within this user ID does not reflect the views of VMC rather the views of the Rep. Any information contained in posts under this user ID are not official or acknowledged by VMC.

Device(s)
    Pearl 8130 (new and awsome)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Kamloops Aberdeen Mall (250) 314-4534 V1S 1J2 1320 TransCanada Hwy West Yay Detective work :P

seriously tho, the blocks are put on because alot of kiosks have been ignoring customers and generally not focusing on our jobs. They could have just canned everyone who was generally getting paid to surf facebook and what not but they decided to instead put forth the effort to just block it so we can keep our jobs. Lets not throw it in their faces neh?
    PIN 302E3505

Device(s)
    BLACKBERRY Curve 8330
    Carrier(s)
    ONLY Virgin Mobile,
    Feedback Score

Peace,
    Virgin Kamloops BC
    It's sad that you think Facebook is more important than keeping your job. If Facebook and your social life are that important to you maybe, just maybe you should go work for Facebook... LOL... Oh!!! And maybe you should also ask all your friends on Facebook at the same time to help you pay all your bills at the end of the month as I don't think Facebook will give you as much pay and commission as Virgin Mobile does... Just food for thought!!!
    HIGHEST IN CUSTOMER SATISFACTION with prepaid and pospaid wireless service 5 YEARS IN A ROW!

Virgin Unite: Making OUR world a better place. PLEASE DONATE, IT'S FOR A GOOD CAUSE.

Device(s)
    Pearl Flip
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Are you guys kidding me? I said right in my post that I dont use facebook that much, so it doesnt bother me... the proxy site posted is a legal site, and hasnt been used by me or anyone at my store... if it bugged you guys that much i'm sure you didnt use it either so I think you guys need to get the stick out of your *** and calm down.

I dont think i can edit on this forum or else I would, but either way disregard my last posting. Jeeez

Device(s)
    Samsung a640 (sad and neglected)
    Carrier(s)
    VMC
    Feedback Score
    Are you guys kidding me? I said right in my post that I dont use facebook that much, so it doesnt bother me... the proxy site posted is a legal site, and hasnt been used by me or anyone at my store... if it bugged you guys that much i'm sure you didnt use it either so I think you guys need to get the stick out of your *** and calm down.

I dont think i can edit on this forum or else I would, but either way disregard my last posting. Jeeez
    Agreed! haha, I know it's not right to stand there and blankly surf these sites while working, it makes employees look bad and customers not want to "interrupt" the employee at the computer, but as long as it's not too much, as stated above, I don't think it's a huge problem. As long as it's all business when customers approach the kiosk.
    Yeah, calm down...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hibou
    Agreed! haha, I know it's not right to stand there and blankly surf these sites while working, it makes employees look bad and customers not want to "interrupt" the employee at the computer, but as long as it's not too much, as stated above, I don't think it's a huge problem. As long as it's all business when customers approach the kiosk.
    Yeah, calm down...
    Agreed lightly surfing the web is fine as long as you are not engrossed in it but openly giving people sites that allow them to unblock company blocked sites is another. That's complete disregard of company policies and going underneath and undermining your manager and operator.

Thats what I had a problem with.

Device(s)
    BB 8130
    Carrier(s)
    VMC
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by virginmobile806
    Agreed lightly surfing the web is fine as long as you are not engrossed in it but openly giving people sites that allow them to unblock company blocked sites is another. That's complete disregard of company policies and going underneath and undermining your manager and operator.

Thats what I had a problem with.
    I would be inclined to agree with that, if this were not a public forum. If you're posting information like that at work, or to a company forum, it could be an issue, but if you're posting a proxie site to a public forum at home on your own time, it's a bit different in my eyes.

That said, if Virgin honestly thinks they can totally and perfectly stop people from accessing facebook (or any other site, for that matter), they are deluding themselves. You can't really make it impossible, just more effort then it's worth to bypass.

Device(s)
    BB 8130
    Carrier(s)
    VMC
    Feedback Score
    On a different topic, what do you guys think of the new uniforms? Good, bad, or just ugly?

Personally, I like them more then the No-Con shirts we had, ,they look more professional, but I think whoever decided on white should have various unpleasent acts performed on them. I don't like it personally, and it's a pain to keep clean in a mall enviroment. The older black shirts still remain my favorite!

Page 4 of 87 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 ... LastLast