Nokia 6265i (SOLD)
    LG 8500 (SOLD)
    Motorola K1M RazR
    Carrier
    TELUS
    Feedback Score

MYtelusMobility account details & Data usage chart

Hi everyone..

I recently got Unlimited data added to Unlimited email/IM.

Once TELUS added that feature I noticed a whole bunch of
    apps suddenly appeared on my bb 8130.. stuff like facebook,
    yahoo msn browser etc.

Now the thing is, on MYtelusMobility.com, when I look up my
    account details...this is what it shows:

rate plan EPP Talk 17.30
    added features Unlt'd Personal Email & IM 15, 6pm early nights & wkds, 150 Bonus Minutes, Information Services Info, L&R Business Bundle 7

Mind you, I recently did this and perhaps they did not update the site?

Also, by checking data usage.. it lists the type of data and the 'charges' associated with that data call ... all the charges were at $0.00. Does that mean the unlimited data is indeed activated.. I just haven't had time to call L&R to confirm.

Phones
    BB 8330
    Mike i880
    Mikei580
    Feedback Score
    The unlimited personal email/im 15 I believe includes your unlimited browsing

Carrier
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BB Curve 8330: BlackBerry8330/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/126 UP.Browser/5.0.3.3)

Yup you have unlimited everything. The "Unlt'd" confirms that. I believe the email only version is worded as "Unlimited". Also, the fact that you received the browser, FB App etc confirms. If you were on the email only plan they wouldn't have sent those service books to you. And yes, it shows the amount of data you use on mytelusmobility along with the associated charge of $0.00. So you're good to go!
    Last edited by seaners; 09-18-2008 at 10:57 AM.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy II S (T-989D)
    HTC P4000 (Mogul/Titan) - Retired
    UTStarcom 6700 (Apache) - Retired
    Carriers
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Question, when did you have this added to your account? If it's within the last 6 month consider your lucky.

Did it take L&R along time to add this feature?
    Did they say "This is not the norm, but you've been with Telus for a very long time"
    How long have you been with Telus?

I have that option on my account "Unlt'd Personal Email & IM 15" and I do have unlimited data access. Last month I've used 125 megs. About 4 months ago I asked L&R to add data to my wife account. It took 30min because the system won't allow $15 data and voice plans under $30. They had to call someone from IT do make the adjustment manually. But they said "Wow you been with Telus for a long time, this is not the norm, consider a L&R. Thank-you for your business"

Phones
    Nokia 6265i (SOLD)
    LG 8500 (SOLD)
    Motorola K1M RazR
    Carrier
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hlouie
    Question, when did you have this added to your account? If it's within the last 6 month consider your lucky.

Did it take L&R along time to add this feature?
    Did they say "This is not the norm, but you've been with Telus for a very long time"
    How long have you been with Telus?

I have that option on my account "Unlt'd Personal Email & IM 15" and I do have unlimited data access. Last month I've used 125 megs. About 4 months ago I asked L&R to add data to my wife account. It took 30min because the system won't allow $15 data and voice plans under $30. They had to call someone from IT do make the adjustment manually. But they said "Wow you been with Telus for a long time, this is not the norm, consider a L&R. Thank-you for your business"

hey..i 've been with clearnet for who knows how long but technically with telus since 2000. I basically told L&R i need the unlimited data at no extra charge above and beyond my email/IM because I need to sync data with my office and was not wanting to rack up data charges. I had the option of going with ROGERS (have NO telus contract) and getting into a bb 8120 which has wifi which will allow me to sync whenever i'm in a wifi zone and also told them their telus' wifi devices did not appeal to me... but since the 8130 does not have wifi, they gave me the unlimited data to help me with my sync/data usage dilemna and stay with telus. VERY nice of them!!! still no contract and a terrific plan! AND there was NO effort on my part to get it.. simply told them my situation and they resolved it within 5mins of my call and added 'unlimited data' to my plan.

Carriers
    TELUS HSPA - CDMA & Mike iDen
    Feedback Score
    WOW, you got the data add on at no charge???
    Customer Satisfaction & Client Loyalty & Retention is our #1 priority.

* We embrace change and initiate opportunity
    * We have a passion for growth
    * We believe in spirited teamwork
    * We have the courage to innovate

the future is friendly®
    TTM Wireless Ambassador 15: Unlimited Nationwide Calling & SMS-MMS + CID - VM25 - 2GB data = $15.00 + taxes

Phones
    D807x
    Pearl
    Carriers
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Question

I thought those types of add-ons, including the Unlt'd Personal Email & IM 15 do not have the capability to synch to Outlook servers and that's why those other older data plans still exist.
    it's just a phone, is it really that big of a deal?

Carrier
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoove-E
    WOW, you got the data add on at no charge???
    I think he got it for $15, not $30.

I was able to add it my another line in my account about three months ago.. but had to sign up for 3yr contract.

I've been with Telus since 2003.

Carrier
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BB Curve 8330: BlackBerry8330/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/126 UP.Browser/5.0.3.3)

Quote Originally Posted by armandante
    I thought those types of add-ons, including the Unlt'd Personal Email & IM 15 do not have the capability to synch to Outlook servers and that's why those other older data plans still exist.
    With Windows Mobile phones you can sync them with an Exchange server on the unlimited plans but you cannot access BES with Blackberries.