Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: tm-506 flashing, rebranding

Device(s)
    SE Satio
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, ERA PL
    Feedback Score

tm-506 flashing, rebranding

hello, haven't done this for quite a long time now. my SE phone de-branding, flashing ability is now down the toilet

So, I have myself a brand new tmobile se tm506, and i was wondering, where can i get the service of flashing/debranding my phone? I have looked at wotan, no luck, and even davinci does not have exactly what i want.

Davinci does the de-branding job alright, but I am looking for the traditional chinese (preferably Taiwan) software.

If anyone can shed me some light on this, or even give me a quick walkthru of DIY, much appreciated!

please either reply this or PM me

gracias!!!

Feedback Score
    I am on the same boat as you. However I really doubt if you can find firmwares from other regions to flash this phone. I kinda feel that TM506 is T-M specific. Does SE sell this phone on other markets? Especially in East-SE Asia if you want Chinese support.

Device(s)
    SE Satio
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, ERA PL
    Feedback Score
    the phone itself is flash-able with Z770i and Z780i as far as I believe. unless i was wrong

Device(s)
    SE Satio
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, ERA PL
    Feedback Score
    anyone? care to throw in an advice?

cheers

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    check the se forums - i know thorblaze dragon tried flashing with the 780 firmware but was unsuccessful - but there is some discussion there (i havent been keeping up so i dont know much beyond that)

last i checked - there was still no unbranded firmware out there - i think lovebeta is correct - this phone was made specifically for tmo - so there is the chance that there will be no officially unbranded firmware from se (although an unlock should be do-able)
    the bloggy blog blog blog...

common sense...not so common...
    ----

Device(s)
    w580
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    well actually, i'm under the impression that all SE phone have been made w/ generic firmware. but yes, the trouble is finding it.

I'd guess that the W760 firmware is likely to be very similar to the z780 firmware

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    I'd say TM506 is much like Z780
    when the phone is tethered with cradlepoint router, and look at modem info, it displays Z780 instead of TM506
    but davinci client just don't allow me to do that

Optimum/Cablevision

Device(s)
    SE Satio
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, ERA PL
    Feedback Score
    ThorBlaze:
    so... you were able to connect with the server, but that's it? wont allow you to flash? is that so?

OldBoy:
    Are you sure about w760 and z780? If i am correct, it's a slide phone, against a clam phone, eh?

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson TM506 Emerald
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I can confirm that as of now Davinci team isn't offering a debranding service for this phone. Their main website states it is an offered service, however after purchasing my credits, downloading the client, and connecting the phone, I found that the only firmware they offer is the firmware already loaded on the phone. I'm quite ticked off that they are falsely advertising on their main site that they offer debranding for the TM506 when in fact they do not, but that is another issue...
    Previous T-Mobile Customer Care Representative

"This job would be great if it wasn't for the ****ing customers" - Randal Graves

"and life is pointless, but what's so wrong with that?" - Stephan Jenkins

" 'Just say no' prevents teenage pregnancy the way 'Have a nice day' cures chronic depression - Faye Wattleton

Speed results from my USB Tethered TM506"

I LOVE 3G!!!

Device(s)
    SE Satio
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, ERA PL
    Feedback Score
    i see... so that's bad news for us tm506 owners...

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson TM506 Emerald
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    So far it isn't looking good. I sent Davinci Team a support request asking for a refund, which they ignored, but the guy did write me back and say he would forward a request to his team to add a generic firmware for the TM506 if they are able to do it.

Device(s)
    SE Satio
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, ERA PL
    Feedback Score
    please do keep us updated

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Thread moved here

Danny
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (HP 211 and SE Z780: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.7))

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoKoala
    So far it isn't looking good. I sent Davinci Team a support request asking for a refund, which they ignored, but the guy did write me back and say he would forward a request to his team to add a generic firmware for the TM506 if they are able to do it.
    hopefully they may custom make HK region fw for TM506
    if so, I'll consider to buy one more to house member, because her Z710 starts to have problem

Device(s)
    G1
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I talked to SE peep before, TM506 is SAME as Z780. Just that TMO flashed their fw on it. And SE engineers won't release the original Z780. So far from my research, there are English version of the Z780 fw floating around, but I am sure there's a chinese version somewhere in China/HK/Taiwan forums. I have 2 english Z780 fw files, got it from TOPSONY.com but clueless on how to flash that to my TM506, may be somebody can check that forum and find some answers. As for Davinci, no help from them, waste $$$ and can't debrand *****...neways...hope that answer some of your questions...

Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast