Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Thread: tm-506 flashing, rebranding

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Electric2491
    where do i put flash or animated themes at? i forgot where to put them.thanks tot he guys who helped some of us change some things with our phones,i wish i could change fw"s.but i don't have internet on my pc,so i'm tethering using my tm506.also is there a way to change my speed of connection,i only get edge(i think that's right) my speed is 155.2kb,but i only get about 20-26kb in actual speed!
    There is a folder called \tpa\user\theme that contains the themes that came with the phone. (You can see this by using a2uploader.) However, while you can add flash themes to that, if you still have the T-Mobile firmware, the flash themes probably won't work properly on the desktop.

There are 18 themes available for download in the custpak that is linked to in the debranding wiki:

http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.p...branding_Guide

When you put the generic firmware on the phone per the wiki, the themes work fine.

In regards to 3G, you may not have 3G coverage in your area since you're getting speeds that low. The original TM506 blocked the 3G icon, so the only way to tell if you're on the 3G network is to go into settings, then Connectivity tab, then Mobile Networks, Select network.

You should see two T-Mobile networks listed there, one has a house icon next to it and one has a little house with a 3G icon next to it. If you're on 3G, the T-Mobile with the 3G will be selected. If you see both, but 3G is not selected, the 3G signal is probably not strong enough so the phone has downgraded to the 2G network. If you don't see both, then you're not in a 3G area.

Device(s)
    Se Tm506
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    yea,i modded my tm506 with some of the xml files that some shared here.i deleted all the files in the tpa preset custom folder.leftt he folders alone like it said,then replaced allt he files with the other files provided here.i checked i only have the house beside tmobile.i didn't think i could get 3g up here in the mountains of pa.when i check data accounts i have like 6 of them.whats tmobile vpn and tmobile internet.what sjhould you use them for? i'm using the tnobile gprs accnt. right now.whats the best way to get the radio to work,and how do you know if all tmobile bs is wiped from the phone?

Device(s)
    Se Tm506
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    one thing i don't get is when i plug the cable in, i get a lan connection.then the dial-up manager connects,when this happens my speeds are little better.but some times the lan connection doesn't always work...go figure..btw jet thnx for the response,its cool to have folks willing to help you when its needed!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Electric2491
    whats tmobile vpn and tmobile internet.what sjhould you use them for? i'm using the tnobile gprs accnt. right now.whats the best way to get the radio to work,and how do you know if all tmobile bs is wiped from the phone?
    Tmobile internet is for the APN internet2.voicestream.com. Depending on your data plan, you may have access to this.

Tmobile VPN is for the old Total Internet with VPN plan. It uses the APN internet3.voicestream.com

The best way to get rid of all of the T-Mobile stuff is to follow the directions in the wiki and install the generic firmware. I know you said, you didn't have a separate data connection at the moment so you haven't been able to do that. That's also the only way I know of to turn on the FM radio.

As for the data connections, if you open up the window on your computer that shows all connections, it should show you what is happening with each connection when you insert the USB cable. If you watch closely, you might be able to figure out why two connections go at the same time.

Device(s)
    Se Tm506
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    i guess i'll wait til i can get high speed internet for here at home to do the total debranding! but the phone is good for now i got flash themes and what not.which i love.i played a joke on my wife i put a big busty chick stripping on her phone.....lol!then swirched it a new moon theme for her...ugh!.....btw thnx jet for informing me the diffs on the vpn and internet accnts. which i switched to the tmobile internet and i think my speeds improved even a little more,can't really tell,cuz i'm doing ms updates!i'll wait til thats done and do some speed tests on a couple sites and really see if my speeds are better.
    thnx again jet for your help!!

Feedback Score
    All the files are gone, can you please repost:

Tpa files

Custom_upgrade file

Flash menu files

Quote Originally Posted by Scottish Skyedance View Post
    I have created another set of Customize.xml, which have some good stuffs there
    remove ALL the 3G settings parts (you can see GSM/3G on the mobile networks menu, but you can't use 3G only)
    added sonyericsson, windows live, google search, google maps, removed T-Mobile store stuffs (ringtones, themes, callertunes)
    internet2 and internet3 are added (all are unalterable)
    enable flash desktop
    added zh and zs (but I have to find out how to actually add them, I have all .lng and .t9, and fonts installed, still only can enable Far East language viewing)
    FOTA menu is visible with version check
    E/G/3G/H icons are visible when online
    d-pad is totally unlocked

pm me with your email if you want this Customize.xml file, 4 fonts with fonts.xml, as well as .lng files
    now I think I am a god.....I even can use USB networking, no more brainer

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adaliu7 View Post

Tpa files

Custom_upgrade file

Flash menu files
    Those files still appear to be downloadable from the debranding wiki. Just select TM 506 custpak 1.01 link:

http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.p...branding_Guide

Feedback Score
    I PMed you my email for the customize.xml and ZT.lng and ZT.t9 (traditional Chinese for Taiwan)

Again, thanks!!!

Tpa files

Custom_upgrade file

Flash menu files

Feedback Score
    I PMed you my email for the customize.xml and ZT.lng and ZT.t9 (traditional Chinese for Taiwan)
    I don't know if you were trying to PM me or Scottish. I don't have those special language files. I just have the customize.xml that's on the wiki. Scottish would be the source for the language files.

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31