Thread: bankarama, accounts, pocketmoney, quickbank or day bank as check register?

Feedback Score

bankarama, accounts, pocketmoney, quickbank or day bank as check register?

i was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a check register app. after a search i found these:

bankarama
    accounts
    pocketmoney
    quickbank
    day bank

none of them have received really terrible feedback on itunes. here's a list of what i need most: simplicity (don't need to track multiple accounts, don't need to export data or connect with my bank account online), quickness (don't want to wait too long for it to load) and the ability to indicate which entries have cleared. some of the above mentioned apps are close to $10 which isn't that big of a deal to me if it ends up replacing my physical check register. thanks in advance for any replies.

Phones
    Google Nexus 5
    Google Nexus 5
    Google Nexus 4
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    hmm, didn't know Bankarama had a iPhone app. I have it for WM Standard and i like it. I'd like to see the iPhone version
    - yeah, don't listen to that guy!

Carrier
    T-Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I am using Bankarama and it's gets the job done. It's loads faster than the java one on S60.

It pretty much does everything you ask for.

Scrolling through the transactions is slow, but that happens in Pocketmoney too.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S
    I am using Bankarama and it's gets the job done. It's loads faster than the java one on S60.

It pretty much does everything you ask for.

Scrolling through the transactions is slow, but that happens in Pocketmoney too.
    could you describe what you mean by slow? does it depend on how many transactions you're scrolling through? also, how quickly are you able to input new transactions? i'd like to be able to add a transaction as soon as i pay for something and not have it take a long time.

Carrier
    T-Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I have an account with about 15 transactions and it's jerky when you scroll through them.
    It's not unbearable but it's nothing like scrolling through the contacts.

As for entering a transaction, I feel that this is the fastest solution available in the store.

Just select the account, choose withdraw or deposit, enter the amount with no decimals (12123 = $121.23) and description if needed.

You can select whether or not an account prompts the description entry.

If you want to select from frequently used inputs, just press done on the keyboard and tap on the blue arrow. It will then display them with the most used ones at the top.

The little green thumbs up icon is to select whether or not the transaction has cleared.

What I feel is missing from the program:
    -Recurring transactions
    -Account transfers
    -Total balance in the account screen
    -Backup function

Feedback Score
    I have an account with about 15 transactions and it's jerky when you scroll through them.
    It's not unbearable but it's nothing like scrolling through the contacts.

As for entering a transaction, I feel that this is the fastest solution available in the store.

Just select the account, choose withdraw or deposit, enter the amount with no decimals (12123 = $121.23) and description if needed.

You can select whether or not an account prompts the description entry.

If you want to select from frequently used inputs, just press done on the keyboard and tap on the blue arrow. It will then display them with the most used ones at the top.

The little green thumbs up icon is to select whether or not the transaction has cleared.

What I feel is missing from the program:
    -Recurring transactions
    -Account transfers
    -Total balance in the account screen
    -Backup function
    thanks for the reply. after reading the reviews of all the other apps it seems like bankarama is the best one. is there a way to show the total balance separately with reconciled items?

Carrier
    T-Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Nope.

You could ask the dev by email though. I asked for the balance on the main screen and they updated the app.

Feedback Score
    Nope.

You could ask the dev by email though. I asked for the balance on the main screen and they updated the app.
    a reconciled balance feature would make this perfect for me. it's fine to be able to mark an entry "cleared" by the bank but if i have to go in and manually figure out the "cleared" balance, it's kind of useless. seems like something easy to implement. the search continues.

Phones
    JB 32gig iPhone 4
    iPhone 3GS 32
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I use accounts, its only $.99 and its amazingly easy to keep records for every charge/debit/credit/deposit.

Phones
    Cingular 8125
    Blackjack
    Nokia 6682
    Feedback Score
    Its not fast for on the spot entry, unfourtunately... But

www.clearcheckbook.com/mobile is free and benefits from having a fast and robust Web counter part.

I am still searching for the perfect iphone app for this coming from WM I used to use Spb Finance and loved it. Had all the feature you wanted and best of all had a quick entry tool that made entering on the spot transactions a breeze..

I think for any of the programs for the iPhone a great addition would be a quick entry app in conjunction with the native app.