Thanks alot for your quick reply
Thanks alot for your quick reply
settings.Originally Posted by dd_2010
1. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
Anyone having trouble with Gmail? I reinstalled the old version last night, and kept getting "Unable to connect to server" errors when setting up the mailbox (when it says "Getting email settings"). Upgraded OTA to the new version this morning and I'm still getting the errors. Gmail seems to work fine on both computers, IMAP is enabled. Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?
Can someone confirm if we can choose where to put the sent email (i.e. choose a subfolder)?
Couple more points: as always, you can write me directly, nokiaemail [at] nokia.com, and I’ll try to get back to you as quickly as possible.
1. This is a patch, not a whole new service release. HTML support and other improvements are coming in the big release in Spring.
2. For clients, we’ve got a great S60 5.0 client under rapid development right now, so yes, 5800 and N97 support are forthcoming.
3. The next release allows you to enter advanced settings on email.nokia.com - this requirement came directly out of your requests. 99.9% of the time, our system can set up your email on your phone using just your email address and password, but I fully appreciate that the .1% that our process doesn’t work for can’t use their email at all and that’s obviously a large problem for our Email service!
4. You select which IMAP subfolders you'd like to sync on the website.
Thanks for the update, kind sir!Originally Posted by Davis Fields
Davis,Originally Posted by Davis Fields
Myself and a few other people using Nokia Mail started having issues - not able to either send or recieve email.
Reinstalling the mail client - we tried the new version - does not help either as the setup via SMS provisioning is failing to connect to the server.
Does this have anything to do with the patch release?
The last version worked pretty good, then I completed the upgrade sent via sms from the website. Now it keeps showing up in offline mode and i can't send or recieve any emails....
Should i uninstall and reinstall it back?
Telus NO MORE!!!
Any word on pushed updates to the client? Given that it's an email app, it's obviously designed to connect to the internet all the time, so there's no permissions issue. Are there plans to add a 'Check for Update' feature, or hopefully, to automate that, so it would just pop up and let me know there's an update, and would I like to download and install it?
I have found that choosing the 'install' link over the 'upgrade' link, usually ends up in a more functional client.Originally Posted by trujap
The two times I used the 'upgrade' link, I had to delete and reinstall because of sync issues.
Its interesting that there have been so many problems with installing a program that we're getting DIRECTLY from Nokia. Odd....
Now I cant even get the SMS provisioning to be resent - get the following messeage on the Nokia Email account settings webpage: "We had problems sending you an SMS. Please make sure your phone number is correct."
I have the exact same issue.Originally Posted by trujap
I used the install link instead of the upgrade link to install the upgrade on my N96, N85 and E71, and they all seem to be working fine.