Thread: Oregon phone numbers available for PagePlus?

Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score

Oregon phone numbers available for PagePlus?

Has anyone in Oregon successfully activated a PagePlus account with a 503 area code phone number for the Portland or Salem area? Numerous PagePlus dealer sites state that PagePlus does not have access to phone numbers in the 503, 541, or 206 area codes for Oregon or Washington.

If the answer is "No" then will PagePlus port an Oregon number from a 503 area code to PagePlus such as from an AT&T GoPhone account?

Phones
    Blackberry Curve
    Motorola K1m
    Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular Dealer
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by haasfamily
    Has anyone in Oregon successfully activated a PagePlus account with a 503 area code phone number for the Portland or Salem area? Numerous PagePlus dealer sites state that PagePlus does not have access to phone numbers in the 503, 541, or 206 area codes for Oregon or Washington.

If the answer is "No" then will PagePlus port an Oregon number from a 503 area code to PagePlus such as from an AT&T GoPhone account?
    Yes, I activate 503 numbers all the time. My Retail Store is in Longview, WA. I have numerous customers from Portland, Salem, St Helens, Astoria, Seaside all with 503 numbers.

Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellular 360
    Yes, I activate 503 numbers all the time. My Retail Store is in Longview, WA. I have numerous customers from Portland, Salem, St Helens, Astoria, Seaside all with 503 numbers.
    Is that "Yes" to both questions?

1. Yes, I could get a new 503 area code number in Salem on PagePlus? and
    2. Yes, I could port my existing AT&T GoPhone number which is a Salem number to PagePlus without any problems?

If this is the case, why do so many PagePlus dealer web sites say that Oregon and Washington numbers are not available?

Phones
    LG Dare
    LG enV Touch
    Palm Treo 700wx
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    2. Yes, I could port my existing AT&T GoPhone number which is a Salem number to PagePlus without any problems?
    Yeah, you can port any US phone number into PagePlus.
    100th post Aug 22,2007 9:41PM
    200th post Valentine's Day 2008 10:15PM
    500th post July 22,2008 8:16PM
    --
    92% of teens would be dead if Abercrombie & Fitch said it wasn't cool to breathe.
    Put this in your signature if you are part of the 8% who would be laughing.

Phones
    Centro, LG 200
    Palm Treo 650, Samsung U-340
    Razr V3m x2, Moto Krzr
    Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular, Tracfone for the ATT coverage
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by roycereece
    Yeah, you can port any US phone number into PagePlus.
    Give Page Plus a call. Usually their CS is excellent. I would port a number in as opposed to starting an account with a new number for the simple reason they start you with 100 minutes when you do that.

Phones
    LG Dare
    LG enV Touch
    Palm Treo 700wx
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ejoslin
    Give Page Plus a call. Usually their CS is excellent. I would port a number in as opposed to starting an account with a new number for the simple reason they start you with 100 minutes when you do that.
    Agreed...I am forced to use this method as PagePlus does not have numbers for my area.

Phones
    Blackberry Curve
    Motorola K1m
    Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular Dealer
    Feedback Score
    Is that "Yes" to both questions?

1. Yes, I could get a new 503 area code number in Salem on PagePlus? and

If this is the case, why do so many PagePlus dealer web sites say that Oregon and Washington numbers are not available?
    YES to both Questions. PP can get you a 503 Area Code. Yes you can port your current 503 number over to Page Plus.

On the 100 FREE Minutes. Both porting or a new activation will get you 100 FREE Minutes.

Feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions.

Phone
    Treo 700p (prev. Treo 650, e815, e816)
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    .....If this is the case, why do so many PagePlus dealer web sites say that Oregon and Washington numbers are not available?
    I'm in Northwest California. One potential downside here to Page Plus service is that it ends at the border, only 75 minutes to the north, and doesn't resume until halfway up the Oregon coast. In fact, most of Oregon seems to lack coverage.

Anyone from Oregon want to recommend another prepaid service that we can use on their side of the border?

Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Levine
    I'm in Northwest California. One potential downside here to Page Plus service is that it ends at the border, only 75 minutes to the north, and doesn't resume until halfway up the Oregon coast. In fact, most of Oregon seems to lack coverage.

Anyone from Oregon want to recommend another prepaid service that we can use on their side of the border?
    That's the dilema I'm in. With AT&T eliminating unlimited data packages I was considering buying a used Verizon Treo smartphone on eBay and activating it on PagePlus but I was concerned with the vast amount of roaming outside the Willamette Valley (i.e. Portland/Salem/Eugene). Verizon only has native coverage in the Willamette Valley and on the north Oregon Coast. Everywhere else would be roaming on a PagePlus account including central, eastern, and southern Oregon. That's not good.....

Phone
    i930 (for sale)
    Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    That's the dilema I'm in. With AT&T eliminating unlimited data packages I was considering buying a used Verizon Treo smartphone on eBay and activating it on PagePlus but I was concerned with the vast amount of roaming outside the Willamette Valley (i.e. Portland/Salem/Eugene). Verizon only has native coverage in the Willamette Valley and on the north Oregon Coast. Everywhere else would be roaming on a PagePlus account including central, eastern, and southern Oregon. That's not good.....
    That's not true. Recently (within the last year) Verizon has been expanding native coverage all over southern oregon, at least on I5 where I am. Check verizon's prepaid coverage tool, not pageplus's map.
    Looking to buy something online? Try getaproduct.com

Would still be interested in selling my Motorola i930. Not in the best condition (outside lcd screen doesn't work, spring to flip the phone shut won't click closed anymore) - but hey, that just means I'd sell it for less . Unlocked and decerted, of course . PM me if interested.

Phone
    Treo 700p (prev. Treo 650, e815, e816)
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by domchristopher
    That's not true. Recently (within the last year) Verizon has been expanding native coverage all over southern oregon, at least on I5 where I am. Check verizon's prepaid coverage tool, not pageplus's map.
    Thanks. Yes, there's a striking difference.

Verizon tool

Page Plus map