Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: flashing HTC to metroPCS network

Feedback Score

flashing HTC to metroPCS network

I recently learned that MetroPCS is now flashing non-metroPCS CDMA phones to their network, but saw the "supported" phones on their site are limited. I have since read that people have successfully flashed HTC phones to the metroPCS network, apparently by flashing the phones themselves then going to the metroPCS office to have the EN number entered into theior database.

I wanted to find if anyone here has been successfull in flashing an HTC phone to MetroPCS (or in fact ANY hi-level smartphone to them), and what features were "lost" after the flash.

(before any "flames" against metropcs, I like the rates that metroPCS offers for unlimited and I dont travel, so their service justs fits me better)

Patrick

Device(s)
    Tmo G2x, Gtab 7inch
    Carrier(s)
    cricket
    Feedback Score
    Yes i do believe metroPCS can have the HTC 6800 or the Vogue programmed over to them. I also believe other phones would be able to do the same but thats outside my area.

In order to get basic stuff like voice and Text you would need to change the PRL on the phone to a metroPCS PRL. Now for WAP and MMS that would be in a different ball game but should be do-able.

Since i don't have metroPCS you will have to do research but the principles should be almost the same. I'll try and help with my two cents to get you in the right direction. PM me if you need advice.

Cricket and metroPCS merging....woohoo might mean more coverage in different cities for all of us....lol
    Code Name: fabricated_hero
    Quote: "I came here to chew bubble gum and crack phones...and im all out of bubble gum."

Latest Exploits:
    --Palringo IM crack
    --M2D 6800 ROM
    --WM6.5 6900 ROM

Next Hijacks:
    --The truck that delivers the Phones...LOL
    --That blonde at the end of the bar. lol

Feedback Score
    thank you for your reply... right now I am looking to see which phones have been successful, then I plan to grab one of those from EBAY and flash it with any provided methods... WAP/WEB and MMS would be important to me so I would need to know that those features would be preserved and working after the flash.

Patrick

Device(s)
    HTC Diamond
    Carrier(s)
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    I can say that I have been in a number of Metro stores in GA.

They have all told me that there are no HTC phone that can be placed on Metro's network.

Also Metro wants no smartphones or pda's as yet.

Why I dont know....

Feedback Score
    i have an Alltel PPC6800 which was originally Alltel and is now MetroPCS... unless someone really likes you at a metroPCS corporate office your not going to get flashed over by them. I did it the hard way. There is currently a way to get Data working on MetroPCS but it is fairly complicated to do.. and they are trying to figure out how to get MMS going. im not big on either so i havnt researched that much into it..

Device(s)
    HTC PPC 6800 [Mogul] - Born 10-17-08 working Wap and Gps, but no MMS... [[Please help]]
    Carrier(s)
    Ghettro PCS
    Feedback Score
    Friday I got my PPC 6800, better known as the Mogul, that I had ordered from Ebay. It came pre-flashed so all I had to do was call and activate it. I have everything on it running fine with the exception of mms. My gps and web work perfectly and all it took was a little bit of reprogramming. My problem now is that I'm following the directions I recieved in the Metro forum on how to set up mms, but I got lost in the wording somewhere and now I can't figure out where to go to edit the mms settings. It's getting really frustrating, but I'm so close to completing this project that I refuse to give up. You should have seen the smile on my face when I took it out the box. I've wanted this phone for so long and it's so close to perfection. If someone can help me out I'd greatly appreciate it.

Feedback Score
    yeah the HTC phones are so sweet. still trying to "steal" one on EBAY... from all I have read the easy part is actually flashing it to Metro (or rather pre-flashing it), tha hard part is getting the EIN into the MetroPCS database. the web also seems to be the easy part, the mms the hard part

Feedback Score
    hi
    I have a Sprint Touch 9600 I got it from Ebay.
    I did some programing stuff
    1) I changed the PRL file
    2) I even have changed the ESN hex to my old phone that I got from Metro when I subscribe with them.
    I did almost the most part but I kind of stuck in a step that it is hard to do which is flashing the phone with Metro.

so please if there is any1 can get for me some advices that make it works, I will be saying " Thank you " when my new phone ring

Device(s)
    Tmo G2x, Gtab 7inch
    Carrier(s)
    cricket
    Feedback Score
    Yep because Metro PCS is just like cricket so any PDA could really be used for it. Just some programming and boom done. 8)

BTW....Cricket and Metro PCS are merging....woohoo...more coverage area for the lot of us....LOL

Feedback Score
    The Metro Pcs saying that they will not make it work !!
    they are not covering the ESN DEC number of my HTC Touch Sprint !!

I don't know how to make them reactive my HTC with them

But I've read that there is a possible way to make it work

But I dnt know how
    Last edited by Abdullah85; 11-12-2008 at 09:45 PM.

Feedback Score

Cl

go to craigs list. Just had everything unlocked. and I mean EVERYTHING. for $100 Good luck!

Device(s)
    Metro pcs BlackBerry
    Carrier(s)
    Metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    im planning on buying a htc diamond and flashing it to metropcs but i need help on how to do that?

Feedback Score

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by fabricatedhero
    Yes i do believe metroPCS can have the HTC 6800 or the Vogue programmed over to them. I also believe other phones would be able to do the same but thats outside my area.

In order to get basic stuff like voice and Text you would need to change the PRL on the phone to a metroPCS PRL. Now for WAP and MMS that would be in a different ball game but should be do-able.

Since i don't have metroPCS you will have to do research but the principles should be almost the same. I'll try and help with my two cents to get you in the right direction. PM me if you need advice.

Cricket and metroPCS merging....woohoo might mean more coverage in different cities for all of us....lol
    Wow..1st of all! how cool is Metro PCS for letting others flash cool phones over to Metro PCS! Forget the other companies..thier boring.

Yes... Just get to know people from Metro PCS as friends.. lol im a dealer at a Metro PCs store in S.F Ca.

If only someone can show me how to add Web & MMs onto already flashed phones or during the flashing it will be great for my clients. & ill give you FULL Credit! example if your secert or regular name is Robert or Crackcode2009 then ill tell every cusomer that yes i can add MMS or web because i have a new system called CrackCode powered by 2009.. you get me right!!

Help a Metro PCS dealer to help others!!

Feedback Score

HTC Magic

How do I edit my contact info on the HTC Magic I want to add some emails to some of my contacts, and I would like to change some of the names..

Device(s)
    HTC Hero
    Carrier(s)
    nextel/sprint
    Feedback Score
    i think its the data that metro does not have the capabilities to handle if their were 1 million people on their serve with PDA's that is the problem itcwould be too much of an overload for them... remember most people with pda phones are data heads they use it constantly or there is no real reason for them to have a pda phone

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast